PDA

View Full Version : What is KW thinking?


balboner
03-17-2004, 04:11 PM
What in Schoeneweis's history makes KW think that he can be an effective major league starter? He makes a solid situational elfty out of the pen, but as a number 4 starter? Yuck. We really need to make a trade for a capable starter. Benson, Washburn, Perez?

CubKilla
03-17-2004, 05:31 PM
:KW

"He's got Todd Ritchie..... a bonafide innings-eater..... written all over him!"

SoxBoy14
03-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Hopefully if Scheonweis is a total disappointment we can make some trades or bring up some of our ST pitchers.

gosox41
03-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by balboner
What in Schoeneweis's history makes KW think that he can be an effective major league starter? He makes a solid situational elfty out of the pen, but as a number 4 starter? Yuck. We really need to make a trade for a capable starter. Benson, Washburn, Perez?

I would let Grillie, Wright, and Rauch battle for the 4th and 5th spots with the loser joining Schoneweis in the bullpen.

Bob

Iguana775
03-18-2004, 08:40 AM
do we all realize that he is working on his 2 worst pitches almost exclusively? let's wait till the season to panic.

MRKARNO
03-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775
do we all realize that he is working on his 2 worst pitches almost exclusively? let's wait till the season to panic.

Well if he cant throw the other two now, when is he going to feel confident throwing them during the season? Is he not going to be ready for Yankee Stadium?

Jerko
03-18-2004, 10:34 AM
I thought giving up a lot of runs in only a few inning was a good thing and shows how dependable of a teammate you are.
Oh, sorry, that's only for Maddux.

anewman35
03-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well if he cant throw the other two now, when is he going to feel confident throwing them during the season? Is he not going to be ready for Yankee Stadium?

He has a couple more spring starts, and he's going to start throwing all his pitches in them. Don't get me wrong, he might suck, but I don't think we can really determine that yet.

SSN721
03-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
He has a couple more spring starts, and he's going to start throwing all his pitches in them. Don't get me wrong, he might suck, but I don't think we can really determine that yet.

I agree, it is too early to jump the gun on whether or not he can be a quality starter yet. He is just working on his 2 new pitches, so he is just ironing them out, if he gets the same results after starts where he is using all his pitches then we are in trouble.

Tekijawa
03-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
do we all realize that he is working on his 2 worst pitches almost exclusively? let's wait till the season to panic.

I wonder if Konerko is working on two new pitches because his ST is awful too?!?!? :D: