PDA

View Full Version : BA comments on Reed, his wrist, quotes included

Randar68
03-17-2004, 02:28 PM
See the link.

Mentions some details of the injury and his progress this spring. Getting some experience in AAA will be a good thing.

Baseball America 'Daily Dish' (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/2004dish.html)

poorme
03-17-2004, 02:41 PM
in that, he sort of implies the wrist isn't bothering him, wheras, Greg Walker said it was bothering him. Who knows? I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

sas1974
03-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
See the link.

Mentions some details of the injury and his progress this spring. Getting some experience in AAA will be a good thing.

Baseball America 'Daily Dish' (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/2004dish.html)

If he was wearing a cast for a month and a half, it was serious enough.

Randar68
03-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
If he was wearing a cast for a month and a half, it was serious enough.

He wasn't immediately put in the cast, IIRC, but it was the offseason once Team USA was eliminated, so it was likely only a precautionary matter.

I still say it's not a big deal at this point. He's having a tough time adjusting, and he says, he swing isn't where he feels it should be. Couple that with the pressure he is probably feeling and there you go...

As several have said, some time in AAA will only be beneficial to him.

MRKARNO
03-17-2004, 03:06 PM

Best case scenario is that we can go with Rowand and he hits well this season and then Reed is called up in September and provides a big boost for the club after nearly a full year of seasoning in Charlotte where his offensive numbers are going to look nice with better power numbers.

sas1974
03-17-2004, 03:07 PM
I still say it's not a big deal at this point. He's having a tough time adjusting, and he says, he swing isn't where he feels it should be. Couple that with the pressure he is probably feeling and there you go...

I agree. I think he was a long shot to make the team out of spring anyway. Even though he's not hitting all that well, I think the exposure to major leaguers can only be a good thing. If nothing else, it may have grounded him a little bit after hitting .400.