PDA

View Full Version : Uribe the Frontrunner?

WSox8404
03-17-2004, 12:38 PM
It seems to me that Uribe is doing a helluva lot better this spring than Big Willie is. I don't mind this at all. I actually would prefer to have Uribe out there instead of Harris. Harris can't hit the ball out of the infield while Uribe hit a blast going into the wind. They are both similar in the field, so I assume we should play the one who is hitting better. That comes down the Uribe being the everyday second baseman.

MRKARNO
03-17-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm with ya. I dont get why Harris was given the job before spring training; it's a joke. Unless KW has a trade lined up for a 2B AGAIN this year, there is no way that Harris should be out there playing over Uribe.

TheRockinMT
03-17-2004, 01:11 PM
I am surprised about Harris starting so slow, but it's with his bat and not defense. Uribe is showing he can play SS or 2B and that is good. I wouls still go with Willie at 2B. You can't throw these youngsters to the wolves to quickly and expect them to make it. Urive can step in when and if needed.

sas1974
03-17-2004, 01:28 PM
I am just glad that at least one of them is doing well. I don't even care which one it happens to be.

As for Uribe's HRs, I couldn't care less. It's nice that he has a little pop, but the most important thing is that he gets on base as much as possible, by any means necessary. HBP. Walk. Dropped 3rd stike. Base hit. It doesn't matter. Just get on base. We have plenty of guys that can take it deep.

Clembasbal
03-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Uribe can fill the void that Willie is showing - in regards to hitting. But we did not Uribe as a 2B...he is naturally on the leftside of the infield and has said he is more comfortable at SS and 3B...because he will not play at either, I agree that he should play 2B.

But you have to remeber that he has not played a ton of "real" games there, other than spring training and a few regular season games - he needs to work at it, and that is what the Sox are doing and it is looking good, but start with Willie.

duke of dorwood
03-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Harris should be peddled to a team that plays on Turf.