PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Rotation If....

Jurr
03-16-2004, 09:09 PM
If the Sox come out with some intensity and can put together a decent first half of the season (staying within 5 gms of the division lead), the rotation will probably change drastically. It is conceivable to see the Sox, with Wright, Schoney, Rauch, and others, piecing together a number of wins out of the 4 and 5 slots. Then, when the team is looking at making a playoff run, we'll see them add some talent at the pitching end. With the offense looking like it could possibly put together a good year, I feel pretty decent about our chances of keeping it close enough to be in position to acquire talent for the pitching staff at the halfway point.

On another note....I think Uribe will be starting in Harris' spot. Does anyone disagree?

CubKilla
03-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
If the Sox come out with some intensity and can put together a decent first half of the season (staying within 5 gms of the division lead), the rotation will probably change drastically. It is conceivable to see the Sox, with Wright, Schoney, Rauch, and others, piecing together a number of wins out of the 4 and 5 slots. Then, when the team is looking at making a playoff run, we'll see them add some talent at the pitching end. With the offense looking like it could possibly put together a good year, I feel pretty decent about our chances of keeping it close enough to be in position to acquire talent for the pitching staff at the halfway point.

On another note....I think Uribe will be starting in Harris' spot. Does anyone disagree?

Considering JR's self-imposed salary restraints, I doubt JR will allow KW to go out and acquire any real pitcher of value for a stretch run..... especially a pitcher that JR has no real intention of signing to a contract at seasons end and considering all of the talent lost for 3 months worth of Everett and Alomar Jr. services that didn't produce jack in '03. If this team is in contention come June/July, if any moves are made I think it will be to the BP and offense..... maybe a defensive upgrade too if one of the Sox' defensive voids becomes a black hole.

Harris will be starting at 2B on Opening Day. Harris will win or lose 2B permanently in an April/May trial by fire.