PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's WINNING to Pick to Click

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2001, 10:57 PM
Good thing the contest isn't "Pick to Choke" or I would have had a hard time picking just one guy.

"We're the picks to choke!":jerry :nardi :walk :keith

"Sorry guys. I just work here.":ray

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/Headlines/September/Biased0908.htm)

More to follow (not that you want to hear it!)

CerberusWG
09-08-2001, 10:58 PM
Josh Paul was robbed :)

KempersRS
09-08-2001, 10:58 PM
What do you think PHG? Howry or Manuel?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
What do you think PHG? Howry or Manuel?

Manuel for not signaling Howry to give Thome an intentional pass after the count went 2-0. Howry's control has always been weak. Letting him throw anything near the plate in that situation was simply asking for trouble.

Somebody needs to wake up Gandhi.

I'm sure this comes as no news, but Bob Howry really sucks. All those other slugs in the bullpen left Manuel with few options.

danman31
09-08-2001, 11:04 PM
At least the offense is back lately(even if it is Detroit and Cleveland). When Frank, and the pen come back we should be good.

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
All those other slugs in the bullpen left Manuel with few options.

Josh Fogg has pitched pretty well.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2001, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by danman31
At least the offense is back lately(even if it is Detroit and Cleveland). When Frank, and the pen come back we should be good.

Dream the dream. That's all we've got left between now and April.

;-(

KempersRS
09-08-2001, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Josh Fogg has pitched pretty well.

Leaving Kip in still sounds good to me. Jerry isn't usually a big fan of "go with what works". He is usually pretty stubborn about stuff like that. He has a setup man and he will use him no matter what.

danman31
09-08-2001, 11:12 PM
JM probably didn't put in Fogg because that was a clutch situation for a rookie.

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by danman31
JM probably didn't put in Fogg because that was a clutch situation for a rookie.

Well Bob Howry isn't exactly clutch either. Throw the kid in there and see what happens.

danman31
09-08-2001, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Manuel:
Well Bob Howry isn't exactly clutch either. Throw the kid in there and see what happens.

I agree, I'm just giving JM's probable reasoning.