PDA

View Full Version : New UD

onesox
03-16-2004, 01:01 PM
How many rows do we figure to be in the New Upper Deck???? For the Home Opener I got 19th row (thanks to Gene who said I would be fine getting out to the Cell at 8:30 for tickets on saturday) -jk.

Tekijawa
03-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by onesox
For the Home Opener I got 19th row (thanks to Gene who said I would be fine getting out to the Cell at 8:30 for tickets on saturday) -jk.

Should have stayed home, I logged on to the website at 10:10 and got tickets in the outfield...

I also had a beer in hand getting ready for my annual St. Patrick's day massacre party... I was home less than 12 hours later!

batmanZoSo
03-16-2004, 01:17 PM
How many rows do we figure to be in the New Upper Deck???? For the Home Opener I got 19th row (thanks to Gene who said I would be fine getting out to the Cell at 8:30 for tickets on saturday) -jk.

There's 22 or 23. They removed 8 and there were 29 or 30. You're pretty high up there. It would be cool though to check it out.

MRKARNO
03-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
There's 22 or 23. They removed 8 and there were 29 or 30. You're pretty high up there. It would be cool though to check it out.

I think it's actually 21 now because I'm pretty sure it was 29 rows before.

Tekijawa
03-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Hope you're not behind one of those new poles that high up!

sas1974
03-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Hope you're not behind one of those new poles that high up!

That might be a good seat if they open this year like they did when they opened the park. :D:

npdempse
03-16-2004, 02:46 PM

I didn't get there until 10am, and got a half dozen UD seats in row 4 in left field. Did you demand seats in the infield? The view of the game is not so great from a lot of the infield UD.

dickallen15
03-16-2004, 04:38 PM

At least if it rains, you are covered.

soxruleEP
03-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
I didn't get there until 10am, and got a half dozen UD seats in row 4 in left field. Did you demand seats in the infield? The view of the game is not so great from a lot of the infield UD.

I find the opposite to be true--if you are in the infield in the upper deck your view is excellent.

npdempse
03-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
I find the opposite to be true--if you are in the infield in the upper deck your view is excellent.

It's definitely not universally bad; I've just found it weird to watch games from the seats behind home. Along the lines it's better, but of course YMMV. I've gotten really used to watching games from the LD reserved in the outfield, so that's my comparison set.

ewokpelts
03-18-2004, 11:37 AM

Ha.

Did you ask for Upper Deck BOX, or Upper Deck RESERVED?
Gene

onesox
03-18-2004, 12:30 PM
I asked the Turd behind the ticket window for best available, when he told me it was 19th row, I asked for reserved, but something lower.......The Turd told me this was all that was left. Boy is my face red.

ewokpelts
03-18-2004, 12:51 PM
I asked the Turd behind the ticket window for best available, when he told me it was 19th row, I asked for reserved, but something lower.......The Turd told me this was all that was left. Boy is my face red.

Yeah....they do that to ya. You shouldnt ask for best available. Always ask for the price level, or by section. That's how I get good seats.
Gene

npdempse
03-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Yeah....they do that to ya. You shouldnt ask for best available. Always ask for the price level, or by section. That's how I get good seats.
Gene

I've never had that with the folks at the park. They've told me "I can get you x crappy row in that section, but let me see about these other seats..." and get me a better, cheaper seat if they can. Sounds like you just got a bum deal.