PDA

View Full Version : What happened to...

batmanZoSo
03-16-2004, 12:41 AM
Hit Dog, a.k.a. Mario Valenzuela. I just would like to know. Last spring they were raving about him in the clubhouse and there was an article in the paper about him. Was he traded or what?

Huisj
03-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Hit Dog, a.k.a. Mario Valenzuela. I just would like to know. Last spring they were raving about him in the clubhouse and there was an article in the paper about him. Was he traded or what?

actually, wasn't it two springs ago that everyone was going nuts about him because he just tore the cover off the ball? i think he ended up getting hurt that year and didn't hardly play much at AAA, but i could be wrong.

i think he's back in camp this spring though, and he seems to be doing ok when he gets a chance. he's had some hits i've noticed in some boxscores.

batmanZoSo
03-16-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
actually, wasn't it two springs ago that everyone was going nuts about him because he just tore the cover off the ball? i think he ended up getting hurt that year and didn't hardly play much at AAA, but i could be wrong.

i think he's back in camp this spring though, and he seems to be doing ok when he gets a chance. he's had some hits i've noticed in some boxscores.

You know I think it was 2002. I think he was 24 then though so I don't know if you can call him a prospect anymore.

jackbrohamer
03-16-2004, 01:41 PM
During Sunday's game Harrelson said that he's been injured the past few years. He didn't elaborate

Tree
03-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Mo Vaughn

batmanZoSo
03-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Tree
Mo Vaughn

No, he's Hot Dog.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-16-2004, 11:02 PM
i think MV tore his ACL a couple seasons ago. ive heard nothing at all about him since, so i wouldn't figure him into team plans anytime soon.

Daver
03-16-2004, 11:15 PM
He's played in at least 5 ST games so far this year,the Sox are still holding out as trade bait.

Brian26
03-16-2004, 11:17 PM
He made a hell of a throw last week to nail a guy at the plate. Daver, does he have a decent arm?

Rex Hudler
03-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Mario had Tommy John surgery in 2002. He came back about halfway into the season last year and rehabbed in A ball and then reported to Charlotte. Basically, the last two seasons were wasted. He is reported to be fully healthy now.

Daver
03-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
He made a hell of a throw last week to nail a guy at the plate. Daver, does he have a decent arm?

His arm used to be above average,before his injury,I have not seen any tape of him post surgery though.