PDA

View Full Version : Gload in CF


doctor30th
03-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Did I daydream or was ross gload playing centerfield?

DrCrawdad
03-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
Did I daydream or was ross gload playing centerfield?

The Gloadinator did indeed play CF today.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
The Gloadinator did indeed play CF today.

Is this a new Mr. Versataile?

doctor30th
03-15-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm getting the feeling that Gload and Burke are going to make the team

DSpivack
03-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I'm getting the feeling that Gload and Burke are going to make the team

Is Burke not a catcher?

Is there something I am missing about Olivo and Alomar?

soltrain21
03-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Is Burke not a catcher?

Is there something I am missing about Olivo and Alomar?


Burke can also play third base

MRKARNO
03-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Burke can also play third base

and outfield

soltrain21
03-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
and outfield


I did not know that. All utility guys should be like Burke and Gload..

DSpivack
03-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks.

Can he hit?

Why didn't we resign Tony, Toni, Tone?

I liked the l'il guy.

mike squires
03-15-2004, 07:36 PM
I thin Tony had his mind made up that he wanted to play somewhere else...Of course the Royals also offered him more money.

I wouldn't mind Gload making the team. But CF is Rowands to lose and you ahve to give him the nod at least the first month of the season. Espeically the kind of season he is having.

Daver
03-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mike squires


. Espeically the kind of season he is having.


He is the new Jeff Liefer of ST.

poorme
03-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Daver
He is the new Jeff Liefer of ST.

I think he's more of a Mario Valdez type.

delben91
03-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by poorme
I think he's more of a Mario Valdez type.

Just so long as he doesn't become a Chris Snopek type....

Lip Man 1
03-15-2004, 08:37 PM
or Greg (the next Robin Ventura) Norton...

Lip

voodoochile
03-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21



Burke can also play third base


Originally posted by MRKARNO


and outfield

:versatile
"Hey, that's my shtick. If he starts challanging Ichiro's arm and losing on a regular basis I am going to sue for identity theft..."

RKMeibalane
03-15-2004, 09:24 PM
In light of these adjustments to the lineup, there is only one thing to say...

:ozzie

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

guillen4life13
03-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
In light of these adjustments to the lineup, there is only one thing to say...

:ozzie

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

Tinkering like this during the regular season/playoffs would piss me off, but I think that this type of tinkering is good in ST because it gives you a good handle of what everyone is capable of--and it opens up options. If Gload is good in CF, then there's competition for Rowand right there. I don't know how good he is, but you see where I'm coming from?

munchman33
03-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
I thin Tony had his mind made up that he wanted to play somewhere else...Of course the Royals also offered him more money.

I wouldn't mind Gload making the team. But CF is Rowands to lose and you ahve to give him the nod at least the first month of the season. Espeically the kind of season he is having.

Tony wanted to go somewhere where he might start, or at least get more at bats. So we didn't offer him arbitration. And then things didn't pan out for him. At least he got paid.

RKMeibalane
03-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Tinkering like this during the regular season/playoffs would piss me off, but I think that this type of tinkering is good in ST because it gives you a good handle of what everyone is capable of--and it opens up options. If Gload is good in CF, then there's competition for Rowand right there. I don't know how good he is, but you see where I'm coming from?

I see where you're coming from. That post about tinkering was more of a joke than anything else, because it reminded me of some of the strange things Manuel used to do with the lineup.

CWSGuy406
03-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
Tony wanted to go somewhere where he might start, or at least get more at bats. So we didn't offer him arbitration. And then things didn't pan out for him. At least he got paid.

In your opinion, would Tony G be starting over Willie Harris and Juan Uribe if he was still here?

mealfred13
03-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
In your opinion, would Tony G be starting over Willie Harris and Juan Uribe if he was still here?

I'd hate to say it, but I think that would have been a damn good possibility. The only problem is, Tony was usually more clutch than just a good hitter...kinda like Sandy... But he did usually take a whole lot of pitches, so at the very least he would have seen a bunch of pitches even if he didn't always get on base.

maurice
03-16-2004, 02:14 PM
I'd be appalled if Gload played an inning of CF in a regular-season game. I think they're just trying him out as an emergency option. Right now, Harris should be the backup CF (with Uribe filling in at 2B). If Rowand gets injured or sucks, expect Reed to be called up from AAA post haste.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by maurice
I'd be appalled if Gload played an inning of CF in a regular-season game. I think they're just trying him out as an emergency option. Right now, Harris should be the backup CF (with Uribe filling in at 2B). If Rowand gets injured or sucks, expect Reed to be called up from AAA post haste.

i wouldnt be too appalled. cs.com says

He is on course to become the White Sox's fourth outfielder and to add depth at first base.

fully gloaded (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040316sox,1,5099443.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)