PDA

View Full Version : Foulke the Choke

IA_soxfan
09-08-2001, 09:34 PM
Am I the only one who has noticed that this guy has 8 friggin losses compared to 3 wins on the season. 8 LOSSES!!!. C'mon, for a closer that is just pure crap. Seems like everytime he gets his hands on a must win game he ****s it away. Jesus Mary and Joseph.
:keith
"who, me?"

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan
Am I the only one who has noticed that this guy has 8 friggin losses compared to 3 wins on the season. 8 LOSSES!!!. C'mon, for a closer that is just pure crap. Seems like everytime he gets his hands on a must win game he ****s it away. Jesus Mary and Joseph.

A game like this is not good for his arbitration hearing.

IA_soxfan
09-08-2001, 09:43 PM
A game like this is not good for his arbitration hearing.
Haha, so much for his "suck'em dry in arbitration court and then ditch'em for mega free agent bucks" plan.

CLR01
09-08-2001, 10:08 PM
Yeah this was all Foulke's fault, it had nothing to do with Maggs taking his sweet time getting to that ball, and that weak relay throw to Durham, or howlings giving up a 2 run shot to Thome.

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Yeah this was all Foulke's fault, it had nothing to do with Maggs taking his sweet time getting to that ball, and that weak relay throw to Durham, or howlings giving up a 2 run shot to Thome.

I didn't say it was CLR, I was just making a point that this game will not look good in his hearing. Owners dig up anything they can to make a guy look bad.

CLR01
09-08-2001, 10:16 PM
Sorry Jer, I was responding to the topic and the first post not yours. I realize this won't look good in his hearing but the loss wasn't all his fault.

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Sorry Jer, I was responding to the topic and the first post not yours. I realize this won't look good in his hearing but the loss wasn't all his fault.

No it wasn't, I was surprised to see him in the game. Should have put someone else in there. I can see why Jerry would throw him in the game but it didn't work.

dimaisback
09-08-2001, 10:29 PM
it won't look too good come arbitration time

Yeah, I can see Sox now trying to convince the arbiter/commitee that Foulke is only worth 3.5 Mill instead of 7-10 "because he lost the game on Sept. 8th-- the game we just HAD TO win"......no chance. Foulke will probably finish the season with about 45 saves (out of 48-49 chances), with an 2.30- ERA and a bunch of K's per inning.

:comiskey

Even I would give him 8 a year...maybe.

Bmr31
09-09-2001, 12:01 AM
My opinion is, he shouldnt be closing. By the way, 8 losses is not abnormal for a closer..........

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
My opinion is, he shouldnt be closing. By the way, 8 losses is not abnormal for a closer..........

Yes, :walk is the better option!

Bmr31
09-09-2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yes, :walk is the better option!

i never said the sox have a better option. They need to GET a better option....