PDA

View Full Version : Come the offseason, whose heads should roll?

Viva Magglio
09-08-2001, 10:27 PM
Since this is a loaded quesiton, it is not in the poll format. The rolling heads can include anyone in the White Sox organization meaning the heads of players, coaches, front office personnel, etc. are eligible to roll.

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Since this is a loaded quesiton, it is not in the poll format. The rolling heads can include anyone in the White Sox organization meaning the heads of players, coaches, front office personnel, etc. are eligible to roll.

I won't tell who should go since we know, so I'll tell you who will go NOT A SINGLE PERSON.

Jjav829
09-08-2001, 10:30 PM
Lets get Jerry Angelo's woodchipper for them instead.

Viva Magglio
09-08-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Lets get Jerry Angelo's woodchipper for them instead.

http://www.chicagobears.com/photos/angelo-small.gif
I am the square peg.

stosh
09-08-2001, 10:40 PM
As I posted a few weeks ago, the first one is Howry, except he is signed for a couple more years. The next one is the a--hole that signed him, and last but not least Manuel for putting the worthless c---sucker in any more games!!! How many games has that idiot lost because of his bonehead lineups? He's pissed away at least 4 wins the last 10 or 12 days. All I can say is oo ee oo, Manuel go!!!!!

IA_soxfan
09-08-2001, 10:40 PM
I say fire nardi and hire eldred to replace him.

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan

I would like that but Cal has said that isn't in the cards right now. His wife is going to have another baby and he wants to spend time with his kids.

CLR01
09-08-2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan

What the hell does cCal know about being a pitching coach??? If the sox want him to be a future pitching coach fine, hire him and throw him on one of the minor league teams learning the job, but either keep Nardi or hire someone who knows what they are doing to take over for the sox.

KempersRS
09-08-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

What the hell does cCal know about being a pitching coach??? If the sox want him to be a future pitching coach fine, hire him and throw him on one of the minor league teams learning the job, but either keep Nardi or hire someone who knows what they are doing to take over for the sox.

Why not like a bench coach? He's knows the game and I think he would be a good influence to have around these guys.

CLR01
09-08-2001, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Why not like a bench coach? He's knows the game and I think he would be a good influence to have around these guys.

A bench coach would be fine, but i don't think he has what it takes right now to watch a guy pitch and be able to pin point what is going wrong with his delievery and correct it. In a couple of years maybe, right now no.

Pete Ward
09-09-2001, 08:53 AM
God Almighty

Is there any chance of getting LaRussa back??????

How about Felipe Alou???????

LongDistanceFan
09-09-2001, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Pete Ward
God Almighty

Is there any chance of getting LaRussa back??????

How about Felipe Alou???????

Alot of pitchers that were drafted have spoken highly of this pitching coach. Randar if you on, let me know your thoughts. I have reading of a second pitching coach that has intrigued me.

1. the pitching coach of FSL, recently he has had a big success and the pitchers spoken highly. Even our #1 pick hornel gave credit to him for teaching him some pitch.

2. is in our own system. i was just reading about the pitching coach who is in charge of all the white sox minor league pitching. i think it was written that he has gotten all the coaches to listen to him and it was his doing that have gotten our prospect recognized.

This may be my own opinion, but i like JM and i am convince that if some of the players situation were weeded out, i think he would stick to a set plan. He has to deal with what is on the table at the time.