PDA

View Full Version : Will a trade be made before camp breaks?

cornball
03-15-2004, 08:31 AM
How good is this club "as is" heading into the season. Will a trade be made? Pitching and second base appear to be less than solid.

With the talk of LA considering PK and most recently talks of Griffey who knows. Personally, I believe some moves will be made for pitching.

soxfan26
03-15-2004, 08:39 AM
It's good to see Grili and Wright performing well, I think one of those 2 will claim the #5 spot.

I would be up for anyway to get Schoeneweis out of the rotation, I listened to KW and Guillen during Sunday's Sox Giants game and both of them keep talking Schoeny up, Guillen even said he might take the #3 spot!?! I don't know what they see in that guy...

That being said, I'm still not sold on the PK for Perez trade with LA, and Griffey can suffer through his next injury plagued season elsewhere...

soxtalker
03-15-2004, 08:58 AM
A lot of this depends on what the other teams are seeing in their camps. Are there any big holes emerging on other teams?

poorme
03-15-2004, 09:13 AM
I would wait on a trade. Everything seems to be going as well as can be expected right now.

MRKARNO
03-15-2004, 10:34 AM
I think if we see Gload stepping up big-time then a PK to LA trade isn't that tough. Even so, Carlos could move to first and we could move in reed or Borchard or get Griffey

fledgedrallycap
03-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by cornball
How good is this club "as is" heading into the season. Will a trade be made? Pitching and second base appear to be less than solid.

With the talk of LA considering PK and most recently talks of Griffey who knows. Personally, I believe some moves will be made for pitching.

I know it's early and hitters are still catching up, but pitchers have been surprisingly better than I thought.

Second base freightens me, though....

kittle42
03-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I know it's early and hitters are still catching up, but pitchers have been surprisingly better than I thought.

Second base freightens me, though....

:hawk
"Willie Harris has the greatest range we have ever seen out of anybody."

What a crock.

jabrch
03-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by kittle42

What a crock.

What was Hawk thinking? Is he going to be towing the party line all season?

poorme
03-15-2004, 12:38 PM
I think senility is setting in.

mealfred13
03-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
What was Hawk thinking? Is he going to be towing the party line all season?

If I remember correctly, he was talking about Pop-Up range, not grounder and line drive range at 2nd. In that respect, he was right. Willie was making plays that the third baseman and firstbaseman should be making...and that's mostly because he's fast as s*** after a burrito.

CWSGuy406
03-15-2004, 03:04 PM
I hope, I hope:

The Sox make a run at a guy who actually wants to come here, and get Urbina. A trade of PK to LA for Ishii.

I'd hope that we'd be able to get rid of Koch to free up some room to sign Urbina, or just keep Koch there. But that would mean that Uncle Jerry would need to loosen up the purse strings; so that's why it's in pink...

mealfred13
03-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
I hope, I hope:

The Sox make a run at a guy who actually wants to come here, and get Urbina. A trade of PK to LA for Ishii.

I'd hope that we'd be able to get rid of Koch to free up some room to sign Urbina, or just keep Koch there. But that would mean that Uncle Jerry would need to loosen up the purse strings; so that's why it's in pink...

At this point, it wouldn't bother me THAT much if PK gets traded, but the thing that bothers me is that he'll probably do well after we do trade him....I hate trades.....

CWSGuy406
03-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by mealfred13
At this point, it wouldn't bother me THAT much if PK gets traded, but the thing that bothers me is that he'll probably do well after we do trade him....I hate trades.....

He's still making a lot of money though, and first - basemen are replacable, especially how Gload is playing (I wont get my hopes up, though, It is only spring training.)

And Ishii would be a welcome addition, and I have more confidence in Ishii than I do in Shoenwise or whoever are fifth starter is (Wright / Rauch / Diaz).

mealfred13
03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
He's still making a lot of money though, and first - basemen are replacable, especially how Gload is playing (I wont get my hopes up, though, It is only spring training.)

And Ishii would be a welcome addition, and I have more confidence in Ishii than I do in Shoenwise or whoever are fifth starter is (Wright / Rauch / Diaz).

I am liking Gload's performance so far, and even went so far as to suggest he start at first in another thread, but I just know that if Paulie's given the boot, he'll have a great season...always happens to us.

batmanZoSo
03-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by mealfred13
I am liking Gload's performance so far, and even went so far as to suggest he start at first in another thread, but I just know that if Paulie's given the boot, he'll have a great season...always happens to us.

I don't give a d#mn if he does. This team doesn't need an 8 million dollar first baseman. We need up-the-middle guys and most likely a starting pitcher.

SoxxoS
03-15-2004, 06:15 PM
And don't forget...with Pauly, it's usually 2 outs in 1 at bat, not just the regular one out. Even better.

There is a reason he is GIDPaul.

SoxFan76
03-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by kittle42

What a crock.

I think Hawk has has a little more baseball knowledge than you. He's been around Major League Baseball for a long time, and even played the game himself. I'm going to trust Hawk before I trust somebody I don't know on a message board. I don't care if he is getting paid by the White Sox. No offense to the previous comment, I'm sure you are an inteligent person, I just tend to take Hawk's word more than somebody on a message board.

Tekijawa
03-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I think Hawk has has a little more baseball knowledge than you. He's been around Major League Baseball for a long time, and even played the game himself. I'm going to trust Hawk before I trust somebody I don't know on a message board. I don't care if he is getting paid by the White Sox. No offense to the previous comment, I'm sure you are an inteligent person, I just tend to take Hawk's word more than somebody on a message board.

He also played one of the greatest Catchers of all time in Left Field. I wouldn't give Hawk too much credit!

idseer
03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
He also played one of the greatest Catchers of all time in Left Field. I wouldn't give Hawk too much credit!

harrelson is a boob. alwasy has been, always will be.

SoxFan76
03-15-2004, 06:41 PM
But he's been around. He has seen it all. He has seen some of the best every to play the game. Sure, he tends to exadgerate, but I do believe what he says. As for Fisk in LF, well we all make mistakes.....ok that was a dumb idea.

jabrch
03-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76

and with all due respect to Hawk - he is a homer and is often a stooge to JR. Not always - but often. How often does he criticize guys who are organizational favorites?

SoxFan76
03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I definitely understand where everyone is coming from. I'm not necesarily diagreeing with anyone. But you have to understand, he might not criticize anyone under contract with the White Sox, but he doesn't have to compliment them if they are not playing well.

cornball
03-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
and with all due respect to Hawk - he is a homer and is often a stooge to JR. Not always - but often. How often does he criticize guys who are organizational favorites?

I agree with the above, but I love the Hawkisms, such as
he gone, stretch, rack um up, right size-wrong shape, the ump has a tee cup....ect

It is like he doesn't have to anounce the game, just plug in a saying under a circumstance of the game. I think it is funny, even after all these years. Wondering what he comes up with this year.