PDA

View Full Version : seating capacity

my5thbench
03-15-2004, 07:27 AM
regular season starts in 3 weeks...go go Soxxx

has anyone heard what the seating capacity of the cell
will be this year after the changes to the upper deck?

I have heard no mention...also will the upper tank actuallly
be more fan friendly as it is now.....I can't go to games often
being a working stiff who lives over 90 miles away..... so
when I do go I will continue to order tickets ahead of time
in the lower deck boxes

thanks gang

MRKARNO
03-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Well if you take last year's figure which was about 47,000 and subtract the amount of removed seats, which is about 6,500 and you'll have yourself a new capacity between 40,000 and 41,000

batmanZoSo
03-15-2004, 04:08 PM
The upper deck looks a lot nicer, that's for sure. It's 20 feet shorter, less imposing and the roof will cover all but the first 8 rows so you won't see so much sky up there and you'll feel more secure. I also think the poles in the stands kind of break up the monotony and add to that secure feeling. It certainly looks sharp with the poles, but I'm surprised anyone would use those in this day and age. Comiskey II was always billed as having no obstructed views. I guess the fans wanted more obstructed views.

sas1974
03-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
It certainly looks sharp with the poles, but I'm surprised anyone would use those in this day and age. Comiskey II was always billed as having no obstructed views. I guess the fans wanted more obstructed views.

After a few of those games against the Twins at the end of last year, they took a poll. The fans decided that if their seat had an obstructed view that they wouldn't have had to watch that pathetic play on the field. :D:

jabrch
03-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
After a few of those games against the Twins at the end of last year, they took a poll. The fans decided that if their seat had an obstructed view that they wouldn't have had to watch that pathetic play on the field. :D:

I wish there was a pole between me and Jose Paniagua in the Twins game. Watching him was TORTURE.