PDA

View Full Version : Jose Valentin

SoxBoy14
03-14-2004, 01:36 PM
I haven't been following ST that much, but does anyone know how Valentin has done so far? Last year he was becomming a power hitter, hopefully he can stay one this year. Has he been doing well so far? Just curious to see how he was doing.

Deadguy
03-14-2004, 01:50 PM
He's raking: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/stats/cws_springtraining_stats.jsp

SoxBoy14
03-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks. Its says he has hitten 2 doubles, 2 triples, and 2 homeruns in 7 games. Not bad.

mealfred13
03-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
Thanks. Its says he has hitten 2 doubles, 2 triples, and 2 homeruns in 7 games. Not bad.

I'm especially liking the triples stats...It's been a while since we had someone who weas cranking out the triples....*cough* Jimenez *cough*

mantis1212
03-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
He's raking: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/stats/cws_springtraining_stats.jsp

Might have something to do with the fact he bagged the switch-hitting nonsense- I think he's gonna have a good year

santo=dorf
03-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by mealfred13
I'm especially liking the triples stats...It's been a while since we had someone who weas cranking out the triples....*cough* Jimenez *cough*

Someone still crying about Jimenez? Don't worry Uribe has been hitting a few triples and he is as dumb as Jimenez too. Did I mention his defense is on the same level as Jimenez?

ode to veeck
03-14-2004, 03:01 PM
'm especially liking the triples stats...It's been a while since we had someone who weas cranking out the triples....*cough* Jimenez *cough*

I always liked triples. Lofton legged out several with his old hammys in his brief stint here. In recent years we really only had Ray Ray as a triples man and before that Lance Johnson and Ozzie who both cranked them out on a regular basis (8-15/yr or so).

Sox trivia: who lead the '90 Pale Hose in triples?

santo=dorf
03-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Sox trivia: who lead the '90 Pale Hose in triples? [/B]

Was it the "One-Dog" Lance Johnson?

mealfred13
03-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
I always liked triples. Lofton legged out several with his old hammys in his brief stint here. In recent years we really only had Ray Ray as a triples man and before that Lance Johnson and Ozzie who both cranked them out on a regular basis (8-15/yr or so).

Sox trivia: who lead the '90 Pale Hose in triples?

I loved watching ozzie smack the triples when I was a kid....ah memories...

1990....hmmmm....I was only 8 at the time so my memory is a little rusty....So I looked it up at baseball-almanac...HAHAHAHAHA

Sammy Sosa with 10! Johnson was a close second with 9...awesome

fuzzy_patters
03-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by mealfred13
I loved watching ozzie smack the triples when I was a kid....ah memories...

1990....hmmmm....I was only 8 at the time so my memory is a little rusty....So I looked it up at baseball-almanac...HAHAHAHAHA

Sammy Sosa with 10! Johnson was a close second with 9...awesome

Before the Flintstone Vitamins Sammy was a great athlete. He had amazing spead and a rocket for an arm. He even had good pop and could have probably jacked 30 homers a year if he could have made contact. Hawk and Wimpy didn't call him the Panther for nothing.

mealfred13
03-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Before the Flintstone Vitamins Sammy was a great athlete. He had amazing spead and a rocket for an arm. He even had good pop and could have probably jacked 30 homers a year if he could have made contact. Hawk and Wimpy didn't call him the Panther for nothing.

Now I just call him the pansy...