PDA

View Full Version : Julian Martinez will work for cubs, in the stands

Palehose13
03-14-2004, 12:57 PM
It seems that the drama has been all ironed out between MLB and the cubs regarding So-so'a personal assistant. He will be able to travel with the team and stay in the hotel with the team, but be in the stands during the games. In what capacity??? Working the radar gun and charting pitches. Hmmmm....what does Scammy really need this guy for?

Linky (http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-csep14.html)

cheeses_h_rice
03-14-2004, 01:16 PM
:nandrolone

Isn't it obvious? I need all the, uh, emotional support I can get.

SoxBoy14
03-14-2004, 02:03 PM
It just goes to show you how stupid and pathetic Sosa really is. He cant go to a baseball game without a "personal assistant"

SoxFan76
03-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Sosa just made Selig his personal b!tch. That's really good to see from a commisioner who doesn't really get much respect as it is and is slowly ruining the game of baseball in America. Someone in class the other day was saying something was as American as apple pie or baseball. One girl snickered and said sarcastically "baseball....". Just shows how much of a joke baseball is becoming.

DrCrawdad
03-14-2004, 05:53 PM
The Cubbies wanted MLB to make an exception for SamME's gofer, but MLB said no. Martinez will not be allowed to be a BP pitcher, he won't be allowed in the clubhouse, dugout or on the field. Martinez can sit in the stands and travel with the team. IMO the Cubbies lost on this matter.

"I HAVE NO EGO."

duke of dorwood
03-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Sosa has always been on a power trip-this is the latest they caved in on to pamper him.

Tragg
03-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Sammy has a personal assistant? A veritable man-servant.

You gotta be kidding

1951Campbell
03-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
It seems that the drama has been all ironed out between MLB and the cubs regarding So-so'a personal assistant. He will be able to travel with the team and stay in the hotel with the team, but be in the stands during the games. In what capacity??? Working the radar gun and charting pitches. Hmmmm....what does Scammy really need this guy for?

Linky (http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-csep14.html)

Man, that pisses me off. Let's find out what he looks like...and heckle him like there's no tomorrow when he comes to the South Side.

Hangar18
03-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
The Cubbies wanted MLB to make an exception for SamME's gofer, but MLB said no. Martinez will not be allowed to be a BP pitcher, he won't be allowed in the clubhouse, dugout or on the field. Martinez can sit in the stands and travel with the team. IMO the Cubbies lost on this matter.

"I HAVE NO EGO."

If this is TRULY the case, than Selig finally showed some stones.
Somehow, I dont think this is really over yet ...........