PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't like Sosa.

Railsplitter
03-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Sos'a first two at bats today showed exactly why i don't like like him. Fisrt time up, the Cubs are down 2-0 with the bases empty and he hits a home run. Next time, up with scroe 2-1 and a runner on and he grounds out. Typical Sosa. A solo homer when his team is behind and a groundout in clutch situation where a hit could tie the game.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-13-2004, 09:54 PM
That's why I love him! I predicted the exploded bat today in the chat right before it happened! :)

RKMeibalane
03-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Sos'a first two at bats today showed exactly why i don't like like him. Fisrt time up, the Cubs are down 2-0 with the bases empty and he hits a home run. Next time, up with scroe 2-1 and a runner on and he grounds out. Typical Sosa. A solo homer when his team is behind and a groundout in clutch situation where a hit could tie the game.

That's just the way he is. Sosa is around to put on a show for the fans, nothing more. He doesn't care about winning, nor does he care about playing the of baseball the right way. If he did, his name would never have been linked to the steroid controversy, and he never would have been caught with a corked bat, either. The man is a liar and a cheat. Once the rest of the world realizes this, that will mark the end of Sosa's popularity. Nobody likes a phony. It's only a matter of time before Sosa is exposed as one.

34rancher
03-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
That's why I love him! I predicted the exploded bat today in the chat right before it happened! :)
Can you update me on the bat? What happened?

Viva Magglio
03-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Can you update me on the bat? What happened?

When Sosa grounded out to Jose, the bat shattered. One shattered piece came right at Jose as the ball did.

kittle42
03-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
That's just the way he is. Sosa is around to put on a show for the fans, nothing more. He doesn't care about winning, nor does he care about playing the of baseball the right way.

Amen. I have to see that billboard outside Wrigley every day as I walk to the train with Sosa on it which says something like "It's not about the records...it's about winning" or something. What a crock.

jackbrohamer
03-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Amen. I have to see that billboard outside Wrigley every day as I walk to the train with Sosa on it which says something like "It's not about the records...it's about winning" or something. What a crock.

I'm sure at least 80% of Flub fans think Sosa has the record for homeruns.