PDA

View Full Version : Half Price Mondays and Tuesdays?

kevingrt
03-13-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm guessing they stopped this promotion? It's not on their ticket page. I don't understand why. This is very annoying.

Can someone please explain? Too many fights?

CHISOXFAN13
03-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
I'm guessing they stopped this promotion? It's not on their ticket page. I don't understand why. This is very annoying.

Not sure what you are reading or seeing. I just did a Ticketmaster search and got 4 lower deck box seats for a Monday Minnesota game for $14 per ticket.

anewman35
03-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

Half price Tuesdays are day of game only. But, yes, they still have it.

StockdaleForVeep
03-13-2004, 09:37 PM
They couldnt do away with that, its part of the Veeck\sox traditions

koch44
03-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
They couldnt do away with that, its part of the Veeck\sox traditions

:reinsy

Well, one of my traditions is to MAKE MONEY!

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-13-2004, 09:52 PM
JR does make money by having the half price nights. The half price night attendence doesn't count towards the rent of the cell. If the Sox have an attendence higher than 2,000,000(I think, might be wrong) that paid full price in a season, the sox need to pay rent. If the sox draw under 2,000,000 without the half price nights then JR doesn't have to pay.

Rex Hudler
03-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
JR does make money by having the half price nights. The half price night attendence doesn't count towards the rent of the cell. If the Sox have an attendence higher than 2,000,000(I think, might be wrong) that paid full price in a season, the sox need to pay rent. If the sox draw under 2,000,000 without the half price nights then JR doesn't have to pay.

But the rent they pay, when passing whatever the threshold happens to be, is a percentage of the revenue earned above that mark. So there is no motivation for the Sox to stay below a certain attendance leve.

batmanZoSo
03-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg

Corporate loopholes...is there anything sweeter?

Rocklive99
03-14-2004, 02:14 AM
The only thing I see is that club level tix are not half. But as mentioned above, search for tickets on mondays, and they will be half price, and tuesday is the day of the game with the pepsi can at the box office

Railsplitter
03-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Actually, I the Sox don't have that many monday games this year, home or road.