PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

anewman35
03-13-2004, 11:09 AM
So, what did you all get?

I got 3 for opening day. Section 531, row 6. I'm pleased.

StillMissOzzie
03-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Just got 'em online. Section 107, Row 19

LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!!

SMO
:gulp:

Scotty347
03-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Sec 107, Row 23. Internet is the only way to go. Last year I had Split Season package and I ordered opening day tickets. They had the nerve to call me and say they only had upper deck. I bought those and then of course when tickets went onsale on the Internet there was plenty of lower deck box to be had.

I pulled up the Upper Deck a few times but I just kept trying until some Lower Deck were released back in the mix. Works like a champ for all events.

ChiSox65
03-13-2004, 11:29 AM
I heard that Sox/Cub tickets are not available yet. Is this true??

ihatethecubs
03-13-2004, 11:39 AM
i got opening day 5th row bleachers. this year i bought them online instead of at the park and i must say, the $4 additional charge was worth not waking up early and standing in the cold for three hours.

Foulke You
03-13-2004, 11:40 AM
I was a little disappointed in my Opening Day tickets...Row 17 in section 534. At least it is behind home plate and I'll be the first to check out the new Upper Deck Roof. :smile: I fared better for the May 15th game against the Twins, I got Row 9, Sec 148 and scored bleacher tickets against the Yankees on Wed. April 21st. Of course, that Yankees series won't be able to match just how special that Cubs/Yankees series was last year when the Yankees came to Chicago for the first time. :cool:

So, overall I'm happy. Good lord does Ticketmaster rape you for "convenience fees". I almost wish I would have gotten up earlier and gone down to the ballpark. See you guys at the ballpark. Hope it will be an exciting year.

P.S. ChiSox65- Sox/Cubs didn't go on sale for single game tickets at all this year due to increased interest in the 9 game packages and the park's overall smaller capacity due to renovations. There may be some tickets for that series sold later on but it sounds like if you didn't get a ticket package, you aren't going to that series.

Sad
03-13-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty satisfied...

with the exception of Sat 8/21 vs Boston... :(:
Im rubbereckin' it that game: Sec. 109 Row 26 13&14
whaddayagonnado...

Sat 4/24 Tampa Bay S146, R26, 1&2
Sat 5/15 Minnesota S147, R29, 9&10
Sat 5/29 Anaheim S147, R16, 9&10
Sat 7/24 Detroit S146, R20, 1&2
Sat 9/18 Detroit S119, R20, 9&10

think these are all aisle or near... which is nice when you have size 14's :o:

I thought the sections were about 10 seats wide til you get down the line... can't remember...

upper deck reserved for 4 other weekday games...

SSN721
03-13-2004, 11:56 AM
I got Opening day Sect. 530 I think row 21. Taking my father and my friend and his father. ALso got Rally Towel Thursday night Yankees tickets sect. 535 row 6. And also Esteban Loaiza bobblehead day saturday day game vs. Red Sox in August. Sect. 535 row 5. Was happy to get tickets all behind home plate. I was in the second to last row behind home plate for the opener last year and was very pleased. Very good seats I thought. So those and all the half-price nights should be at around 20 games this year, at least. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the guy in the Sox jersey and ballcap. :) GO SOX!!!!!!!!! :) :gulp:

mike squires
03-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I also got the Estaban doll with the Red Sox. Sec. 153 row 31. Not all that thrilled but I guess that means they are selling tickets!!! I try and stay away from the upper deck cause now they won't let you go to the lower deck.

SSN721
03-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
I also got the Estaban doll with the Red Sox. Sec. 153 row 31. Not all that thrilled but I guess that means they are selling tickets!!! I try and stay away from the upper deck cause now they won't let you go to the lower deck.

Yeah I know. I'm just hoping with all the renovations they have done that it will be a little nicer up there. Plus I have a freind with season tickets to the club level so I get my share of those and sit all over the park on half price games. And you can get tix anywhere for the bullpen bar, which is gobs of fun. :D: :gulp:

Dub25
03-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Just got 'em online. Section 107, Row 19

LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!!

SMO
:gulp:
I got through online right at ten and got the same section and row.

Dub25
03-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Did anyone score any lower deck box for opening day or the yankee series online? Seems like they were holding those sections back. It also seems like whoever got opening day right when they went on sale got section 107.

cheeses_h_rice
03-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Having a team with a small fanbase rocks.

I completely forgot about tix 'til just now; managed to get good UD seats for games against the Braves and Yanks with no waiting.

I have a feeling I'll be able to get decent seats for most games during the year w/o much of a problem. That way I can pick based on weather, my schedule, etc.

duke of dorwood
03-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Dub25
Did anyone score any lower deck box for opening day or the yankee series online? Seems like they were holding those sections back. It also seems like whoever got opening day right when they went on sale got section 107.

They are holding lots of tickets back-we tried EVERYTHING to get lower deck for opening day-at the crack of 10-on phone and internet-ONLY 2 TICKETS-gave us upper deck.

Iwritecode
03-13-2004, 09:52 PM
We got 2 tickets for opening day. My wife got them for me. They are section 15-something...

mike squires
03-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Having a team with a small fanbase rocks.

I completely forgot about tix 'til just now; managed to get good UD seats for games against the Braves and Yanks with no waiting.

I have a feeling I'll be able to get decent seats for most games during the year w/o much of a problem. That way I can pick based on weather, my schedule, etc.

Cheeses~I'm really dissapointed in you. With over 4,000 posts under your belt and for as much as as you are on here how could you possibly forget tickets went on sale today???

nut_stock
03-14-2004, 10:52 AM
I selected best available (3 tickets) at about 10:05 am yesterday and I got section 527, row 6. Not complaining, they're great seats but I was suprised that it didn't' give me anything in the lower deck.

quade36
03-14-2004, 11:47 AM
I got 3 tickets in the bleachers row 12 for opening day. And bought 10 tickets for the aprill 22nd thursday night game against the yankees, where my friends and I are going to eat our dollar hot dogs and boo every single yankee batter that comes to bat. You all should join in on that :smile:

Oh those seats are 5th row upper deck.

cheeses_h_rice
03-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Cheeses~I'm really dissapointed in you. With over 4,000 posts under your belt and for as much as as you are on here how could you possibly forget tickets went on sale today???

I'm lowballing my expectations going into this year. I've decided not to spend a lot of money upfront on tickets; if the Sox are good, I don't imagine seats will be that hard to come by if I really do want to see a particular game. And, if the Sox are mediocre (my prediction), I'll be able to go down most any day of the year and get inexpensive scalped tickets near the park.

hsnterprize
03-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Question...was it just me, or was there not that much TV coverage of the ticket sales like there were for the Cubs? I saw pictures of fans waiting in line and good stuff like that on CBS 2 and ABC 7, but I didn't see all that much "giddiness" on the tube like I did when the Cubs' tickets went on sale.

I'm sorry for "beating a dead horse" in talking about the Sox/Cubs media coverage, but I thought I'd ask.

jabrch
03-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Question...was it just me, or was there not that much TV coverage of the ticket sales like there were for the Cubs? I saw pictures of fans waiting in line and good stuff like that on CBS 2 and ABC 7, but I didn't see all that much "giddiness" on the tube like I did when the Cubs' tickets went on sale.

Why should we get as much coverage? There wasn't as much fan interest. They SOLD OUT 70 home games already. We sold out 3 - the Cubs games. We didn't even sell out our home opener - much less any other games.

HSE - I understand why a lot of people feel we get jobbed by some of the media. When we were playing well last year - I too felt that. However, based on the offseasons and the Chicago fan interest, I don't think the media is doing anything other than reporting what the Chicago populous is doing.

TornLabrum
03-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Speaking of tickets, I got my four coupons from my 2-night SoxFest package yesterday in the mail. They are good for any April/May home game, except opening day. Freebies for upper deck box or half price for any upgrade.

Thunderstruck30
03-14-2004, 05:50 PM
I got section 537 I think row 17. How many rows are in the upper deck now?

anewman35
03-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
I got section 537 I think row 17. How many rows are in the upper deck now?

21, I think.

Iwritecode
03-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Speaking of tickets, I got my four coupons from my 2-night SoxFest package yesterday in the mail. They are good for any April/May home game, except opening day. Freebies for upper deck box or half price for any upgrade.

I hope that means I'll be getting mine soon. :)

Iwritecode
03-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
We got 2 tickets for opening day. My wife got them for me. They are section 15-something...

I just read my email. I got section 159 row 7 seats 23-24.

Fisk72
03-15-2004, 01:40 AM
I wasn't able to make it Saturday so I just checked online to see what was available for opening day. It'll only be me, so I was kinda suprised that after I selected "best available," they stuck me in the upper deck. So far, I haven't bought a ticket. Is the entire bowl really sold out? If I remember correctly, a coworker of mine bought an UD ticket early b/c of the same situation, whereas I waited a week or so and ended up with a lower deck seat right by the bullpen on the left field side. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rocklive99
03-15-2004, 04:28 AM
Has anyone heard about that one thing from that company with those Buy One Get One Free coupons?