PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Top 50 Free Agent Predictions-They Stink!

StillMissOzzie
03-12-2004, 11:34 PM
I have been keeping track of ESPN's Top 50 Free Agent predictions, and with 48 of 50 signed (the last 2 may never happen-see below), I must say that their expert opinions stink out loud!
The last two were omitted a/c Uggie Urbina, unhappy with the prospect of taking another pay cut after a pretty darn good season, may play in Japan, and Maels Rodriguez apparently underwhelmed the scouts at his last try-out that I haven't heard his name mentioned since.

Of the other 48, ESPN got a whopping 10 correct, for a non-impressing 20.83%. And out of those 10, 5 of them (Mark Grudjkdfhkjhlanek, Joe Randa, Shannon Stewart, Shigi Hasagawa, & Wilson Alvarez) re-signed with their old club, so those "predictions" are even less impressive.

Anbody else feel that they could have done just as well with darts blindfolded?

SMO

WinningUgly!
03-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
I have been keeping track of ESPN's Top 50 Free Agent predictions, and with 48 of 50 signed (the last 2 may never happen-see below), I must say that their expert opinions stink out loud!
The last two were omitted a/c Uggie Urbina, unhappy with the prospect of taking another pay cut after a pretty darn good season, may play in Japan, and Maels Rodriguez apparently underwhelmed the scouts at his last try-out that I haven't heard his name mentioned since.

Of the other 48, ESPN got a whopping 10 correct, for a non-impressing 20.83%. And out of those 10, 5 of them (Mark Grudjkdfhkjhlanek, Joe Randa, Shannon Stewart, Shigi Hasagawa, & Wilson Alvarez) re-signed with their old club, so those "predictions" are even less impressive.

Anbody else feel that they could have done just as well with darts blindfolded?

SMO

The only bigger joke than ESPN's predictions, is that they want you to pay for that stupid ESPN Insider BS.