PDA

View Full Version : Batters Box preview


ma-gaga
03-12-2004, 06:31 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned here yet:

Batters Box (http://www.battersbox.ca/archives/00001498.shtml)

A Canadian blog with a look at the W.Sox. Everyone wants to do a preview and make sure that they say, "worst division in baseball".

ma-gaga
03-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Hilarious. They do the Royals (http://www.battersbox.ca/archives/00001523.shtml) as well.

jabrch
03-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
I haven't seen this mentioned here yet:

Everyone wants to do a preview and make sure that they say, "worst division in baseball".

You can't blame them. The winner of this division (whomever it happens to be) will be the worst team in the playoffs by far.

jordan23ventura
03-12-2004, 11:43 PM
That was probably the best overall analysis I've heard of this team so far.

fquaye149
03-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
You can't blame them. The winner of this division (whomever it happens to be) will be the worst team in the playoffs by far.


gee whiz, a lot of grumpy sox fans.

let's go out on a limb and assume the sox win the central.

would that make them by far a worse team than:

the phillies
the marlins
the diamondbacks
the padres
the giants

?

at least one of those five teams will make the playoffs...

and i would probably go so far as to say the sox are better than a few of them....and the ones who are as good or better than the sox are not better by far.

of course, the typical grumpy sox fan who secretly has an urge to write for espn.com will tell me how horrible we are.

maybe...but to act like we're a disgrace to the game, and to act like the central is that much worse of a division than the nl west....


well maybe i'm looking through rose colored glasses, but this stuff is starting to piss me off.

ChiSox65
03-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
gee whiz, a lot of grumpy sox fans.

let's go out on a limb and assume the sox win the central.

would that make them by far a worse team than:

the phillies
the marlins
the diamondbacks
the padres
the giants

?

at least one of those five teams will make the playoffs...

and i would probably go so far as to say the sox are better than a few of them.......................


That's why they play the games.

ChiSox65
03-13-2004, 11:25 AM
A very good read. Amazing how well this guy knows the team all the way from Canada.

idseer
03-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
I haven't seen this mentioned here yet:

Batters Box (http://www.battersbox.ca/archives/00001498.shtml)

A Canadian blog with a look at the W.Sox. Everyone wants to do a preview and make sure that they say, "worst division in baseball".

ok, i can't stand it any more.

WHAT DOES BLOG MEAN?

i've tried looking it up online and still don't get the meaning. is blog an acronym for something?
i have the vague notion it just means a website.
a little help please?

Lip Man 1
03-13-2004, 01:40 PM
The Phillies figure to be one of the three best teams in the National League so yes the Sox would be worse then them. Also neither the D-backs nor the Marlins are going to sniff the playoffs. The Padres will be much improved so they could have a better record and my money's on the Giants to repeat in the West, so yes they will be better then the Sox.

Lip

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by idseer
ok, i can't stand it any more.

WHAT DOES BLOG MEAN?

i've tried looking it up online and still don't get the meaning. is blog an acronym for something?
i have the vague notion it just means a website.
a little help please?
blog is just short for weblog. anyways, that was pretty suprising coming from someone in canada who probably isn't a white sox fan. It was a long read

oldcomiskey
03-14-2004, 09:36 AM
the thing is---and I admit I just skimmed the article-----but he was absolutely right on more than a few things---the only thing I saw that was I didnt agree with was his assesement that Colon pitched as expected---I was quite disappointed in Bart

kittle545feet
03-14-2004, 12:05 PM
that article or should i say the guy who wrote the article was pretty right on in just about everything he said. he did seem to relish ripping the sox and the organization though and that kind of bothered me. but then again, sometimes the truth hurts. i don't ask the good Lord above for much, but i just wish he could send a little love the sox way so we could tell the rest of the planet to kiss our freakin' asses! go sox! :lsox