PDA

View Full Version : Konerko on Rome Today

FormerKnight
03-12-2004, 11:40 AM
For those of you who have access to Jim Rome, Konerko is scheduled to be on the show today.

sas1974
03-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by FormerKnight
For those of you who have access to Jim Rome, Konerko is scheduled to be on the show today.

I don't have access to it, so can someone please relay the info on here?

FormerKnight
03-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I will do my best, he is scheduled to be on next hour.

FormerKnight
03-12-2004, 12:55 PM
I was at work so someone may have better details, but a quick recap.

On playing for Ozzie he said he was a lot of fun, but he also could do a 180 and get hard on a guys, a good balance. A quote that kind of caught me off guard was,

"I don't know if we'll win or lose, but it's going to be interesting and fun."

Rome tried to push him on the Thomas/Ozzie issue, but he didn't get into it much.

On last year he said the team was flat against the bad teams and he hoped Ozzie would be able to motivate everyone to take every game the same way.

He also touched on this .234 average last year and said he feels he has better mechanics going into this year and the key is not to press in April.

Again someone may have more in depth info from the interview, but those were the basics.

sas1974
03-12-2004, 12:59 PM
A quote that kind of caught me off guard was,

Thanks for the update.

That sounds like something a loser says. It's something I think that we as fans can say, but I really don't want to hear that from a player. I don't really want to harp on this though like one of those boobs in the media that blows everything out of proportion.

Mickster
03-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Thanks for the update.

That sounds like something a loser says. It's something I think that we as fans can say, but I really don't want to hear that from a player. I don't really want to harp on this though like one of those boobs in the media that blows everything out of proportion.

:b&b

Huh... Huh... Huh.... He Said Boobs

Palehose13
03-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Mickster

LOL!

sas1974
03-12-2004, 01:30 PM

Now, THAT'S funny!

SSN721
03-12-2004, 02:28 PM

I almost fell off my chair. HILARIOUS! :)

Risk
03-12-2004, 02:56 PM

HAHA!!! Thats awesome :D: :gulp:

:)

:gulp: Risk :gulp:

gosox41
03-12-2004, 05:36 PM

On playing for Ozzie he said he was a lot of fun, but he also could do a 180 and get hard on a guys, a good balance. A quote that kind of caught me off guard was,

Rome tried to push him on the Thomas/Ozzie issue, but he didn't get into it much.

On last year he said the team was flat against the bad teams and he hoped Ozzie would be able to motivate everyone to take every game the same way.

He also touched on this .234 average last year and said he feels he has better mechanics going into this year and the key is not to press in April.

Again someone may have more in depth info from the interview, but those were the basics.

Nice to know Paulie needs a manager (or shall I say cheerleader) to get motivated against a weak team.

Keep counting that money PK, as you laugh all the way to the bank.

Bob

ihatethecubs
03-12-2004, 09:42 PM

The first half of it was great, the second half of it was terrible.

jordan23ventura
03-12-2004, 10:13 PM

Thats the coolest picture Ive ever seen... thats going on my desktop