PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Geniuses


daveeym
03-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Considering a good portion of the Sox fan base is southside Irish. Why the hell would they put tickets on sale this saturday. The Sox better have ticket booths set up at the various parades.

sas1974
03-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by daveeym
Considering a good portion of the Sox fan base is southside Irish. Why the hell would they put tickets on sale this saturday. The Sox better have ticket booths set up at the various parades.

That's a great point. You can just add that to the long list of marketing gaffes.

Irishsox1
03-12-2004, 09:42 AM
So what if the Chicago Parade is going on when tickets go on sale. It's not like they put the tickets on sale on a Friday like the Cubs. Most Sox fans work for a living, and the best time is on a Saturday. Yes, the Chicago parade is Satuday, but the South Side Parade is on Sunday. Most Sox fans are going to that parade anyways. So, I don't think its that bad of a marketing gaffe. Anyways, I highly doubt that the Sox are going to run out of good tickets.

Jerko
03-12-2004, 09:48 AM
What tickets do you have to stand in line for Saturday now anyway? Opening Day MAYBE? The Flub games are not even being offered and if you buy a half price game Saturday you're going to have to pay full price. I don't see this being a big deal.

doublem23
03-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Someone should invent some sort of way, using these newfangled "computers" to buy tickets by way of some sort of "compunet." Since it's through the air, you could do it in seconds while in your underpants and a stained tee-shirt.

Crazy idea, I know.

jabrch
03-12-2004, 10:25 AM
:reinsy
"We don't want to overstimulate demand. Heaven forbid I actually pay rent!"

sas1974
03-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
What tickets do you have to stand in line for Saturday now anyway? Opening Day MAYBE? The Flub games are not even being offered and if you buy a half price game Saturday you're going to have to pay full price. I don't see this being a big deal.

I am not going to be waiting in line, but perhaps the Yankees or Boston?

ewokpelts
03-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
I am not going to be waiting in line, but perhaps the Yankees or Boston?

all i gotta say is....good seats available
Gene

sas1974
03-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
all i gotta say is....good seats available
Gene

Duly noted! :D:

FanOf14
03-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Yes, the Chicago parade is Satuday, but the South Side Parade is on Sunday. Most Sox fans are going to that parade anyways.

This Irish Sox Fan stays away from that and living in Mount Greenwood, it isn't easy to avoid.

soxfan26
03-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Someone should invent some sort of way, using these newfangled "computers" to buy tickets by way of some sort of "compunet." Since it's through the air, you could do it in seconds while in your underpants and a stained tee-shirt.

Crazy idea, I know.

I'm intrigued by this "compunet" contraption. Is it like a catapult that hurls the tickets to your house? And what is the maximum effective range of such a device?

Railsplitter
03-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Uh, guys every ticket of every game is not going to be sold out day one.

Jerko
03-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Uh, guys every ticket of every game is not going to be sold out day one.

True. The upper deck rule is still in effect though so if you're looking at the opener, or a Yankee, Red Sox, or Twin Saturday night game, you might want to wait in line tomorrow just to avoid the UD if that is a preference of yours.

npdempse
03-12-2004, 04:55 PM
I keep seeing this thread and thinking "Marketing Guinness? Why that's not hard at all." In fact, they should darn well get some Guinness at the Cell, if nothing else then for Half Way to St. Patrick's Day.

gosox41
03-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by daveeym
Considering a good portion of the Sox fan base is southside Irish. Why the hell would they put tickets on sale this saturday. The Sox better have ticket booths set up at the various parades.

I'm going to take a chance and say that there will still be plenty of good seats available next Sat. in case you can't make it this weekend.

I'll even go one furhter and say that good seats will be available to most Sox games on the day of the game.

No reason to wait in 30 degree weather or miss a parade.

Bob