PDA

View Full Version : WHY DIDNT MANUEL ****ING WALK THOME

CerberusWG
09-08-2001, 10:15 PM
MANUEL IS ****ING RETARDED AND NOW WERE GOING TO LOSE. GFG MANUEL, DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

KempersRS
09-08-2001, 10:20 PM
IMO, You don't bring the winning run to the plate, EVER.

Jerry_Manuel
09-08-2001, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

I agree you don't put more runners on base when Bob Howry is pitching.

CerberusWG
09-08-2001, 10:23 PM
So, you could of had a righty righty matchup....and now we lose. Manuel's fault

voodoochile
09-08-2001, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Bull... Thome did the same exact thing to us a month ago. Righty on the mound, first base open... take a chance on Cordova... That was some of the worst managing of the season, and Jerry hasn't been great before this.

Honestly. The man can motivate and teach, but his game time decisions regarding lineup and minute to minute decisions during the game are some of the worst I have ever seen. I for one am totally sick of it...

:firejerry

CerberusWG
09-08-2001, 10:25 PM
Amen Voodoo. And they probabaly would of PH Branyan, but he strikes out just about every damn time.

Jerry_Manuel
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Fine Manuel's fault whatever.
Season is over anyway blame President Bush for tonight's loss to if you want I can care less.

KempersRS

Well, I don't remember Jerry letting up the 2 homers tom Juan, or the one to Thome, or letting up that game winning double. Glover didn't pitch so well, Howry let up the homer, plain and simple. He could have just let the next batter hit a homer and we lose right there. Foulke blew it in the 9th, there is more to blame than Manuel.

FarWestChicago
09-08-2001, 10:27 PM
Honestly. The man can motivate and teach, but his game time decisions regarding lineup and minute to minute decisions during the game are some of the worst I have ever seen. I for one am totally sick of it...

VC breaks out the Fire Jerry tag. I haven't seen that one in a while. The ship did look a little rudderless in the late innings, didn't it?

CerberusWG
09-08-2001, 10:29 PM
I think the rudder fell off in April.

voodoochile
09-08-2001, 10:34 PM
You guys are right... Manuel didn't throw the pitches, he didn't physically do a thing that lost that game, but he was the one who ultimately has to answer for not walking Thome. Which ultimately cost the Sox the game in almost no uncertain terms. If he does walk Thome and Cordova goes down on 4 pitches like he did then Foulke is coming on to pitch with a two run lead in the ninth and then the double only scores one of those runs...

No excuse, Manuel lost this game, plain and simple, IMO.

danman31
09-08-2001, 10:39 PM
Ok, I notice some negative and positive posters in this thread. I think that you don't walk the tying run on base. Cordova is batting .314, and Branyan(if he ph) has a lot of power. Don't trust Howry to get either out. I say take Howry out, but the Sox all year have had a short pen(the injured players at the beginning of the year sucked too) and unless you have a good pen you won't make the playoffs. It's plain and simple.

voodoochile
09-08-2001, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Ok, I notice some negative and positive posters in this thread. I think that you don't walk the tying run on base. Cordova is batting .314, and Branyan(if he ph) has a lot of power. Don't trust Howry to get either out. I say take Howry out, but the Sox all year have had a short pen(the injured players at the beginning of the year sucked too) and unless you have a good pen you won't make the playoffs. It's plain and simple.

Fine, if you insist on pitching to Thome, at least have the brain to bring in Pulsipher...

NUCatsFan
09-08-2001, 10:41 PM
Actually, it's all my fault. I hadn't been following the game all afternoon. I flip over to WGN, just as the pitch to Thome comes...HR. As I said, all my fault.

FarWestChicago
09-08-2001, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Fine, if you insist on pitching to Thome, at least have the brain to bring in Pulsipher...

Yeah, if you want to pitch to Thome, get the Howling the hell out of there.

CerberusWG
09-08-2001, 10:45 PM
We all know Royce would of struck out Thome easily, though.

KempersRS
09-08-2001, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Yeah, if you want to pitch to Thome, get the Howling the hell out of there.

Hell, why does Howry have to come into the game? Last time I checked, Kip Wells has more than one inning in his arm.

CerberusWG
09-08-2001, 10:51 PM
Hell we all know Royce could pitch both games of a double header, Royce should of pitched.

RichieRichAllen
09-08-2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Bull... Thome did the same exact thing to us a month ago. Righty on the mound, first base open... take a chance on Cordova... That was some of the worst managing of the season, and Jerry hasn't been great before this.

:firejerry

So true voodoochile-breath!

I've been a defender of Jerry (DOJ) for the past few years now, but I'm beginning to see what his detractors have been telling me. Some of his decisions are totally bankrupt of any true wisdom, grasshopper.

If he has any balls, he'll 'fess up after the game. If not, he can count this as another notch in the "lost confidence in Jerry" belt.

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2001, 03:09 AM
We all know Royce would of struck out Thome easily, though.

Hell we all know Royce could pitch both games of a double header, Royce should of pitched

Professor Nellie cannot stand it. It is should have; would have. It is not would of, should of. Think about it. Would of makes absolutely no sense.

doublem23
09-09-2001, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Professor Nellie cannot stand it. It is should have; would have. It is not would of, should of. Think about it. Would of makes absolutely no sense.

LOL! Talk about taking one's work home! :)

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2001, 03:31 AM
Teachers always take work home Doublem. I was doing class preps while watching the Sox (one of the rare WGN games) and the NASCAR race.

doublem23
09-09-2001, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Teachers always take work home Doublem. I was doing class preps while watching the Sox (one of the rare WGN games) and the NASCAR race.

Ahhh, a glimpse into my future....

CerberusWG
09-09-2001, 10:33 AM
Heh, sorry Nellie, I can't stand English class. I was too delerious (I spelled that wrong didn't I lol) last night to think of the proper words :)