PDA

View Full Version : Is Dr. 0 a shoe-in?

lowesox
03-11-2004, 08:11 PM
He hasn't exactly lit the world on fire yet. And this isn't one of the guys who can use the "I'm working on my changeup" excuses. He's going all out.

I wonder if he'll make the team no matter what. I think he will because Kenny never likes to admit when he makes mistakes.

SoxFan76
03-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Of course he'll make the team. He's Japanese. That alone is a bonus for the Sox from a PR standpoint.

Randar68
03-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I think he will because Kenny never likes to admit when he makes mistakes.

Because dealing Sean Lowe really bit him in the butt, right?

WinningUgly!
03-12-2004, 02:19 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_430968.jpg
"How'd I suddenly become a doctor?"

batmanZoSo
03-12-2004, 02:44 AM
He hasn't exactly lit the world on fire yet. And this isn't one of the guys who can use the "I'm working on my changeup" excuses. He's going all out.

I wonder if he'll make the team no matter what. I think he will because Kenny never likes to admit when he makes mistakes.

He'll make the team because he's the all time best closer in the second best baseball nation in the world. He knows how to pitch. And he didn't come here to pitch for Charlotte. He'll be here all year, hopefully he's good.

batmanZoSo
03-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Of course he'll make the team. He's Japanese. That alone is a bonus for the Sox from a PR standpoint.

So you're saying the Sox see players in terms of color? Tee hee hee...:)

gosox41
03-12-2004, 07:25 AM

He'll make it because it's good PR. But I had my doubts when we signed him about how effective he'll be. I hope him and Koch prove me wrong.

Bob

Jjav829
03-12-2004, 08:39 AM
He'll make it because he's Kenny's biggest move this offseason.

Lip Man 1
03-12-2004, 11:42 AM
The Sox will at least give him a decent chance to show what he can do in the regular season although even if he bombs, the Sox won't have the guts to cut him and eat his salary.

Remember Manager Gandhi was only making a million a year as well.

Lip

lowesox
03-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Because dealing Sean Lowe really bit him in the butt, right?

I don't know what this means???

Railsplitter
03-12-2004, 03:11 PM
I believe Ozzie will only pitch him vs. NL teams in Spring Training, on the notion that AL hitter won't be used to him when the season starts.

Randar68
03-12-2004, 03:17 PM
I don't know what this means???

Is it physically possible for you to make any kind of remark about the White Sox without it bashing Kenny Williams?

He has his faults, but get over it.

sas1974
03-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
I believe Ozzie will only pitch him vs. NL teams in Spring Training, on the notion that AL hitter won't be used to him when the season starts.

There was an article early in ST where Ozzie said that he may see some AL teams too bc "he was going to see them sooner or later and they would be scouting him anyway." Or something like that.

And I know they are through a translator, but I am personally already sick of his lame excuses. "American hitters, they swing hard, aggressively." What the hell?!?! I would be aggressive too if I saw an 84mph fastball coming my way.

joecrede
03-12-2004, 05:00 PM
The Padres signed Japaneese pitcher Ankori Otsuka (http://www.npb-bis.com/player/register/active/49021970.html) this offseason for just $850,000. Williams decision to give Takatsu $1,250,000 is questionable at best.

TheRockinMT
03-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
The Padres signed Japaneese pitcher Ankori Otsuka (http://www.npb-bis.com/player/register/active/49021970.html) this offseason for just $850,000. Williams decision to give Takatsu $1,250,000 is questionable at best.

You may in the end be proven correct, but in the meantime he will be with the Sox for sure. I can't see how we can pay a guy $1M and have a club option for '05 and him not make the team. Hopefully once he gets his feet wet in game competition he will be better.