PDA

View Full Version : Sox pitchers looking worse?

SoxBoy14
03-11-2004, 07:12 PM
The sox pitching rotation is looking worse every time i see it. Two games so far have been blown after the sox were leading. Also Scheonwis did terrible out there and scares me that he's the 4th in the rotation. I just pray that they improve or the KW makes some trades.

hftrex
03-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
The sox pitching rotation is looking worse every time i see it. Two games so far have been blown after the sox were leading. Also Scheonwis did terrible out there and scares me that he's the 4th in the rotation. I just pray that they improve or the KW makes some trades.

Hey, its only Spring Training. Don't give up before the season's even begun.

SoxBoy14
03-11-2004, 07:32 PM
i'm not giving up, i'm just disappointed in there performance so far.

Mickster
03-11-2004, 07:34 PM

As to Schoe.. he's been experimenting with pitches, cutter and changeup. In his loss a few days ago, he almost exclusively threw cutters and change-ups (new pitches for him)...

As for blown late leads.. Usually after the 5th or 6th inning, its difficult to find even one player on the field who will even make the 25 man roster come opening day. Minor leaguers take the field...and give up the leads. Don't worry.

jeremyb1
03-11-2004, 07:40 PM
i'm not giving up, i'm just disappointed in there performance so far.

There's zero correlation between spring and the regular season so I wouldn't worry yourself too much. If you're going to worry about the pitching as another thread says, go to vegas and put your odds on Rowand for MVP because he's hitting .600.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-12-2004, 01:30 AM
I put absolutely nothing into spring training. We all need to relax. :gulp:

doublem23
03-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Little too early for pessimism, IMO.

SSN721
03-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
I put absolutely nothing into spring training. We all need to relax. :gulp:

I completely agree, season is so close dont want to tarnish it by thinking about what could go wrong already. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :D:

cubhater
03-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Relax, relax. :smile: I don't place much emphasis on how players perform during spring training. Lot's of players work on their weaknesses and vets guaranteed a roster spot don't go all out and risk injury. Throw out the won-lost records when the season begins.