View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 3/11/04

Hangar18
03-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Sox again manage to lose ground, with the Cub-Times
helping to deliver the blows. Funny to note the national
significance the Steroid Issue has become, and how the
local beat writers have really yet to 'acknowledge' it, namely
a certain Mike Kiley. Fred "Everything-Cub" Mitchell today
does another bogus Q&A piece on ...guess who...the CUbs.
In fact, doing some quick research, mr. Mitchell in his last 15 QA's, has dedicated 8 of them to the CUbs, including 3 in a row and 5 of the last 6. by comparison, the SOX have only managed 1 QA. so the Cubs lead Mitchell columns 8-1 also.
Todays fluff piece was what the City Will be like for the WOrld Series come OCtober, and compared what things were like in 1908. Of course, the top sports stories in Chicago today were Steroids, Local teams in NCAA's AND the Messiah being hurt...

2 sox stories (roeper, topping out now included)
Chicago Cub-Times:
5 cub stories
2 sox stories

Chicago Cubune:
2 cub stories
2 sox stories

Standings as of 3/11/04

CUBS 180
SOX 89

Frater Perdurabo
03-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Keep counting, Hangar. I check your NewsMedia Watch threads daily.

I wish more folks had as much passion as Hangar does. Preach on, Brother Hangar. :smile:

Lip Man 1
03-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Hangar:

Just FYI...I have e-mail Fred and given him my list of former White Sox player contacts along with how he can contact them if he wishes for future interviews. I don't know if he'll ever use them but he can't say he can't get ahold of any former Sox players.

Lip

Hangar18
03-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Hangar:

Just FYI...I have e-mail Fred and given him my list of former White Sox player contacts along with how he can contact them if he wishes for future interviews. I don't know if he'll ever use them but he can't say he can't get ahold of any former Sox players.

Lip

Very Productive, good one Lip