PDA

View Full Version : Rowand = Superstar

RedPinStripes
03-11-2004, 08:17 AM
I knew that would get your attention. :D: This is why i dont follow Spring training unless the Sox are playing the Cubs. Those games matter to me. Rowand had a good day yesterday i see and is hitting around .615. I cant get excited about rowand or what anyone else is doing. I've seen too many years where guys had a killer spring and flop in the season. And in other cases especially with the Sox where a guy will look like complete **** all spring and make the team just because KW has high hopes for this particular player. Remember Julio Ramierez a few years ago? that was his name right?

And we can see the same case with Wille ****ing harris this year.

sas1974
03-11-2004, 08:21 AM
You just need to take spring training w/ a grain of salt. There are a lot of factors that go into a player having a good spring. I don't think it's helpful to just look at the stats and say, "Wow, he's having a great spring." I think w/o being there and seeing how someone is playing, it's hard to make that call.

RedPinStripes
03-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
You just need to take spring training w/ a grain of salt. There are a lot of factors that go into a player having a good spring. I don't think it's helpful to just look at the stats and say, "Wow, he's having a great spring." I think w/o being there and seeing how someone is playing, it's hard to make that call.

That's true I went to ST in 98, 99 and I obviously judged a lot more and followed it more. Seems like there's less game on tv now and i just get to hear bits and pieces on the radio at work.

CubKilla
03-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I knew that would get your attention. :D:

I thought you finally fell off of the swill beer drinking wagon and GOOD BEER was actually affecting your thought processes :D: .

RedPinStripes
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I thought you finally fell off of the swill beer drinking wagon and GOOD BEER was actually affecting your thought processes :D: .

Nope, I still think Rowand is a jagoff. The good beer is mass quantities will be consumed tomorrow. My car is finally paid off! Is that a good enough excuse?

And just for ****s and giggles: **** ROWAND ! **** HIM! HE'S JAGOFF!

RichFitztightly
03-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Dan Pasqua is another name that comes to mind. I seem to recall him hitting like .700 in his final Spring Training then doing nothing in the regular season.

The Critic
03-11-2004, 10:43 AM
HE'S JAGOFF!

Articles....they're not just for newspapers anymore.... :D:
And HEY, what are YOU doing online??? You've been on a six-month sabbatical, and now all of the sudden you're on for 3 hours straight???? :o: :smile:

RedPinStripes
03-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by The Critic
Articles....they're not just for newspapers anymore.... :D:
And HEY, what are YOU doing online??? You've been on a six-month sabbatical, and now all of the sudden you're on for 3 hours straight???? :o: :smile:

Off day. No more dedication to a company that is firing all of us May 15th. I'm working on my car and finding another job. Thanx to the ****ING UNION! Everything was fine till they showed up.

steff
03-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by The Critic

LOL.. I posted the exact same thing.

He's a slacker.. :D:

StockdaleForVeep
03-11-2004, 01:35 PM
I do have faith in AR and he showed his potential(oddly and so eerie sox like he broke out against the scrubs in interleague)

Do we have any clauses now like with jeff kent prohibiting rowand from riding any dirt bikes or anything remotely gen X fun? He may be reduced to playing backgammon with Oz in the hotels

RedPinStripes
03-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by steff
LOL.. I posted the exact same thing.

He's a slacker.. :D:

Slacker? Why? because I will only work 45 hours now instead of the usual 60? **** them!

steff
03-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Slacker? Why? because I will only work 45 hours now instead of the usual 60? **** them!

Go have a drink.. I can't talk to you when you're like this. :whiner:

:D: :D: :gulp:

RedPinStripes
03-11-2004, 06:11 PM

Sorry. I'm anti-company and anti-union today. Neither one are doing **** for the employees .

SoxBoy14
03-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Rowand seems to me has a bright future. He did a descent defensive job last year and yesterday proved that he's been improving on his batting. If he brings that into the season we might see good things from him.

hftrex
03-11-2004, 06:18 PM

Steff.................you're the one who started this.

RedPinStripes
03-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
Rowand seems to me has a bright future. He did a descent defensive job last year and yesterday proved that he's been improving on his batting. If he brings that into the season we might see good things from him.

The best thing about Rowand is his wife. :cool:

hftrex
03-11-2004, 06:29 PM

Pssst.........don't tell Steff that or she'll get jealous. You know how females are.

SoxBoy14
03-11-2004, 06:52 PM

which is why he should stay on the team :cool:

LauraJ14
03-11-2004, 07:06 PM
I was at the game on Wednesday when Aaron had 3 hits and drove in 5 runs for the Sox against KC's starting lineup. He looked good in the batters box, drove the ball up the middle.

Rex Hudler
03-11-2004, 09:05 PM

How do you think I always knew he'd make the big leagues? ;-)

steff
03-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
Steff.................you're the one who started this.

Started what...? :?: What are you talking about..?

steff
03-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
Pssst.........don't tell Steff that or she'll get jealous. You know how females are.

Oh yes... completely jealous of Aaron's wife...

After seeing him in action in the bar at Soxfest I'm more than happy with my boring life... Aaron is too high maintenance. That woman is a saint!

Rex Hudler
03-11-2004, 10:56 PM

After seeing him in action in the bar at Soxfest I'm more than happy with my boring life... Aaron is too high maintenance. That woman is a saint!

LOL

StockdaleForVeep
03-12-2004, 12:41 AM
I havent seen rowand lately, is he still bald? I remmeber he had the "i just shaved so i have the whitest head in the majors" thing goin, hopefully thats gone or he tanned it

RedPinStripes
03-12-2004, 05:08 PM

That woman is an 11!

steff
03-13-2004, 10:47 PM
That woman is an 11!

As a woman... I'd have to give her a 15 based on her ability to deal with "difficult people and look spectacular doing it". :D:

Randar68
03-13-2004, 10:59 PM
As a woman... I'd have to give her a 15 based on her ability to deal with "difficult people and look spectacular doing it". :D:

LMAO!

Daver
03-13-2004, 11:26 PM

MRKARNO
03-14-2004, 06:25 AM
obviously, Rowand is not going to hit this well in the regular season, but I am among those who think he will break out this year.