PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans like to sell their tickets instead of using them.

chisoxmike
03-11-2004, 12:50 AM
I went on stubhub.com to see what Sox games are now up and I was seeing that there wern't much for the Sox home games.

I went to look at how many people are selling Cubs tickets and there are TONS of tickets on there for insane amounts of money. We're talking $400 for the home opener! :o:

What I got from that was Cubs fans would rather make money off their tickets than to see the games.

Just a thought.

ewokpelts
03-11-2004, 05:40 AM
this is the best time to make money off those fools...every scalper and thier mother knows this...it may end up being worse than the jordan era bulls. Look on ebay for white sox tickets in illinois, and EVERY listing are for cubs/sox games at wrigley. If you broadened your search beyond illinois, you get yankmee and bosox games too.....I've been contemplating selling my sox/cubs games at the cell, if only to make ungoldy sums of money off those bastards(and i can still get in even without a ticket).
Gene

hold2dibber
03-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
I went on stubhub.com to see what Sox games are now up and I was seeing that there wern't much for the Sox home games.

I went to look at how many people are selling Cubs tickets and there are TONS of tickets on there for insane amounts of money. We're talking $400 for the home opener! :o:

What I got from that was Cubs fans would rather make money off their tickets than to see the games.

Just a thought.

Well, I despite all the Cub worship around here as much as the next guy, but the other side of the coin is that there are fans who are willing to pay $400 to go see a Cubs game. You may (legitimately) challenge their motives and their sanity, but a Cubs fan would point to that fact as evidence of the devotion and passion of Cubs fans (and not as evidence that some fans would rather make money than go to the games).

sas1974
03-11-2004, 12:29 PM
It should be noted though that Sox tickets don't go on sale to the public until this Saturday. I am not saying that you will begin to see a ton of Sox tickets out on stubhub, but this may be part of it.

Hangar18
03-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
It should be noted though that Sox tickets don't go on sale to the public until this Saturday. I am not saying that you will begin to see a ton of Sox tickets out on stubhub, but this may be part of it.

devils advocate, but good point nonetheless.
Notice how Mike Kiley, the Cubune are quick to point out
how quickly the tickets went, and didtn mention the huge
numbers of Homeless people standing in those cubby lines?
Ticket Brokers are going to clean up on these foolish fans lol

sas1974
03-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
how quickly the tickets went, and didn't mention the huge

I hesitated to post that bc I didn't want to seem like I was supporting those morons for selling all of their tickets.

ewokpelts
03-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
how quickly the tickets went, and didtn mention the huge

Dont you need 2 ids and a credit card to buy flubs tickets at wrigley?
Gene

sas1974
03-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Gene

Is that true? I can't see them turning away cold, hard cash.

doublem23
03-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Gene

Only if you don't have the cash on hand.

ewokpelts
03-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Only if you don't have the cash on hand.

I was referring to the first day of sales...the cubs stated all orders, especially for bleachers and big games, would need 2 ids/credit card......that move was to "protect" cub fans from scalpers....gues sit was to direct them to the cub's scalper...the cubs!
Gene