PDA

View Full Version : Amusement from the NW 'burbs

Railsplitter
03-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Barry Rozner of the Daily Herald has a column today where he noted that Sox fans are tired of hearing about and that Cubs fans feel better when they have something to worry about and Sox fans like it when Cub fans are worrying.

Among the points he makes, are the Prior, Wood, and Zambrano were overwooked last season, Greg Maddux could show his age, or players could have a slow start. In his words, the season is not a slam dunk for the Cubs.

cubhater
03-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Among the points he makes, are the Prior, Wood, and Zambrano were overwooked last season, Greg Maddux could show his age, or players could have a slow start. In his words, the season is not a slam dunk for the Cubs. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not falling for the Flubbie hype. We talk about the Sox question marks but the Sad News Bears have their own too. Can Zambrano have good back-to-back seasons? Will Pryor's achilles pose a season-long problem. Clement is good year/bad year. Will Alou stay off the DL? What about CF if Patterson isn't healty and who will bat leadoff? Ramirez is a butcher at third. And of course, will Corky's production drop if he's off the juice?

I see many teary eyes in Boys Town come October! :D:

ewokpelts
03-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by cubhater

I see many teary eyes in Boys Town come October! :D:

I dont think Will and Grace is getting cancelled.
Gene