PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Royals vs. White Sox 3-10-04


DrCrawdad
03-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Is anyone able to get this broadcast via MLB Audio?

Mickster
03-10-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm getting it pretty well..

Mickster
03-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Top of 1st: Man on 1st and 2nd, 0 outs, Konerko up..

A.T. Money
03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
My laptop is working. The desktop isn't. I'm doing a Windows Update to see if the desktop will work, since it's connected to my stereo.

A.T. Money
03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
2-0 Sox.

Fungo
03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
2-0 Sox top of 1st

Single by Rowand

sas1974
03-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Fungo
2-0 Sox top of 1st

Single by Rowand

What did PK do?

Deadguy
03-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
What did PK do?

You took the text out of my keyboard.

Mickster
03-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Didn't hear. These announcers suck...

By the way.. Grilli 3 up and down. Top of 2nd.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
You took the text out of my keyboard.

I feel like I am stuck in the stone-age w/ my only source for updates being this board. I am at a client site out in Richmond, VA w/ no access to the game.

SO KEEP THE POSTS COMING EVERYBODY!!!

ChiSox7
03-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
What did PK do?

He bounced out to third to advance the runners to 2nd and 3rd

Deadguy
03-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
He bounced out to third to advance the runners to 2nd and 3rd

I guess we should be thrilled he didn't do the obvious (GIDP), although that may be more indicative of the 3B's lack of defensive ability. The players must have been in motion if he didn't throw the ball to second.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
He bounced out to third to advance the runners to 2nd and 3rd

That doesn't exactly sound like he was trying to go the other way to move them along. Not good.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
I guess we should be thrilled he didn't do the obvious (GIDP), although that may be more indicative of the 3B's lack of defensive ability. The players must have been in motion if he didn't throw the ball to second.

If that's the case, it's great to see that Ozzie's got them moving on the basepaths.

Fungo
03-10-2004, 03:32 PM
The announcers are bad. Brian McRae and some other clown. They're reading emails on the air now. Royals biased too.

chisox06
03-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Didn't hear. These announcers suck...

By the way.. Grilli 3 up and down. Top of 2nd.

Yea these announcers are bad, real bad. "if you want a hotdog here at the park, gonna cost ya $3.50. "What is it made of gold?" Very funny, idiots.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Fungo
The announcers are bad. Brian McRae and some other clown. They're reading emails on the air now. Royals biased too.

Are they going to start doing their taxes next?

lowesox
03-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Anybody know today's lineup?

A.T. Money
03-10-2004, 03:38 PM
These guys are lame.

mealfred13
03-10-2004, 03:39 PM
What's the scoop now? I'd like to see some royal ass-whoopage today... pun intended

chisox06
03-10-2004, 03:44 PM
2-0 Sox still, top 3rd

mealfred13
03-10-2004, 03:46 PM
I take it the Royals are up? Is Grilli still in there?

chisox06
03-10-2004, 03:47 PM
ROWAND 3 RBI's, 3-0 sox drove dransfeldt in from second on a single

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 03:47 PM
To the dismay of the sh***y announcers, 3-0 White Sox

Rowand has driven in all three runs...

Fungo
03-10-2004, 03:47 PM
3-0, Rowand with another base hit RBI

Grilli is still in.

delben91
03-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
ROWAND 3 RBI's, 3-0 sox drove dransfeldt in from second on a single

Keep swinging the hot bat rowand!

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 03:48 PM
I think I'll archive this broadcast and play it if I have trouble sleeping tonight...

TERRIBLE!

ChiSox7
03-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Top 3

Willie strikes out. 1 out
Dransfelt double to the gap.
PK shot to short. Nice play by Berroa. 2 out
Rowand another Ribbie. Having an awesome spring.
Gload fly to center. 3 out

3-0 sox.

Man, rowand is raking.

chisox06
03-10-2004, 03:50 PM
RYAN FROM TWIN LAKE MICHIGAN THEY JUST READ MY EMAIL! lovin it, my 15 seconds of fame!

Frater Perdurabo
03-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Looks like I might have to eat my keyboard if Rowand keeps up this pace. If it means a successful Sox season thanks to a productive Rowand in CF, I'll happily eat my words.

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Dammit, Joe Randa. You will forever be the thorn in our side. Friggin' smiling bastard...

Tekijawa
03-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
RYAN FROM TWIN LAKE MICHIGAN THEY JUST READ MY EMAIL! lovin it, my 15 seconds of fame!

You're from Twin Lake? My Fiancee's dad has a lkae house on Middle lake and we go Hiking through Owassipee (SP?) all the time... Headed up there next weekend. This weekend is my St. Patricks day party!

Jjav829
03-10-2004, 03:54 PM
2 run HR for the Joker. 3-2 Sox.

chisox06
03-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
You're from Twin Lake? My Fiancee's dad has a lkae house on Middle lake and we go Hiking through Owassipee (SP?) all the time... Headed up there next weekend. This weekend is my St. Patricks day party!

Dude thats crazy, I live right on Middle lake! Jonhnston Ave. Small world huh! :D:

Clembasbal
03-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
2 run HR for the Joker. 3-2 Sox.


Who gave it up?

npdempse
03-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Has Konerko hit safely yet this ST?

This is getting (continuing to be) worrisome.

mealfred13
03-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Dammit, Joe Randa. You will forever be the thorn in our side. Friggin' smiling bastard...

Reminds me of a hyena....

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
Who gave it up? Grilli. Then he K'd Sweeney.

bartmanisgod
03-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Is the game on ESPN 1000????

A.T. Money
03-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Nice jab against the Sox there with fans running on the field.

Tekijawa
03-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Dude thats crazy, I live right on Middle lake! Jonhnston Ave. Small world huh! :D:

Don't know what road... But he's the guy that lives next to the only public boat launch on the lake. Probably still has the roof half torn off right now.

chisox06
03-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Don't know what road... But he's the guy that lives next to the only public boat launch on the lake. Probably still has the roof half torn off right now.

Dude that is insane, thats my neighbor I live 2 doors down. They've been workin on that roof all winter.

bartmanisgod
03-10-2004, 04:11 PM
can i listen to the game on any radio station?

Tekijawa
03-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Dude that is insane, thats my neighbor I live 2 doors down. They've been workin on that roof all winter.

Well I'm engaged to his daughter... I'll probably be helping him put in the dock in two weeks, the weekend of the 20th, and I'll be up there a ton this summer. Since he's a cubs fan I might have to come watch the Sox games over your house.

A.T. Money
03-10-2004, 04:12 PM
This announcer is a complete tool.

YYYEEEEEEESSSS!

Bastardo.

chisox06
03-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Well I'm engaged to his daughter... I'll probably be helping him put in the dock in two weeks, the weekend of the 20th, and I'll be up there a ton this summer. Since he's a cubs fan I might have to come watch the Sox games over your house.

HAHA hey man your more than welcome. His name is Bill right? I'll have to stop waving at him when I drive by now that I know whats goin on :)

Tekijawa
03-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
HAHA hey man your more than welcome. His name is Bill right? I'll have to stop waving at him when I drive by now that I know whats goin on :)

Yup it's Bill! Tell him you're done waiving because Dustin said cubs fans shouldn't be addressed durring Baseball season. Then drive away fast, he'll talk your ear off if you don't!

bartmanisgod
03-10-2004, 04:22 PM
ANYONE....OBVIOUSLY THE GAME IS BEING BROADCAST IF THE ANNOUNCERS SUCK...CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT RADIO STATION????

A.T. Money
03-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Rowand kickin some arse!

Tekijawa
03-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Sorry about the Twin lake Love fest every one... Now back to the game. GO SOX!

Fungo
03-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Have a day, Aaron. 2-run double

5-2 Sox

ChiSox7
03-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by bartmanisgod
ANYONE....OBVIOUSLY THE GAME IS BEING BROADCAST IF THE ANNOUNCERS SUCK...CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT RADIO STATION????

MLB radio. Go to mlb.com and their audio page and click on our link.

A.T. Money
03-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by bartmanisgod
ANYONE....OBVIOUSLY THE GAME IS BEING BROADCAST IF THE ANNOUNCERS SUCK...CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT RADIO STATION????

MLB.COM

GO TO AUDIO AND CLICK ON TODAY'S GAME. YOU NEED WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER TO LISTEN. ALSO, EASE UP ON THE CAPS!!!

santo=dorf
03-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Man, there are a lot of people online. Is the chat room open? Did anyone see who the newest member is, "1919balcksox?" It HAS to be another Cubbie troll that can't spell. What's the score?

bartmanisgod
03-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Thank you! GO SOX!

chisox06
03-10-2004, 04:25 PM
5-2 sox Rowand 5 RBI's! Shows what a great off season work ethic can get ya.

JohnJeter
03-10-2004, 04:27 PM
The announcers are Billy Sample and Brian McRae.

bartmanisgod
03-10-2004, 04:35 PM
I almost wish I didn't know where to find the game...funerals are more exciting than these guys!

chisox06
03-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Burke RBI single to left 6-2 sox

nodiggity59
03-10-2004, 04:39 PM
RBI single by Burke, Sweeney scores. 6-2 Sox.

chisoxjk
03-10-2004, 04:40 PM
6-2!!!!!

It's like listening to Ben Stein's character from Ferris Bueller.

Anyone....Anyone.....Rowand....Rowand. :smile:

Hokiesox
03-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Gee, I'm sorry I figured out where to listen to the game. Those guys are awful!

Someone tell me if PK gets a hit, and let's hope Rowand keeps this tear going.

A.T. Money
03-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Konerko will never get a hit.

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Who the hell is pitching now? I was lulled to sleep and woke up when the Royals third run was just walked in with the bases loaded...

6-3 Sox

chisox06
03-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Ponchenko (SP?) this shmuck just walked in a run 6-3 sox

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 04:55 PM
a 2-run infield single makes it 6-5...

Same old White Sox Defense...

rahulsekhar
03-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Ponchenko (SP?) this shmuck just walked in a run 6-3 sox

I think that's Enemencio Pacheco, who I believe is the guy we got from the Roxx for their 2-month rental of Sandy a coupla years back.

Or it's that old arcade game "Pachinko". Either way - won't be around once the season starts.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Ponchenko (SP?) this shmuck just walked in a run 6-3 sox

It's not Enemencio Pacheco is it? I thought is was supposed to be a stud?

RKMeibalane
03-10-2004, 04:58 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

*Breathing*

:hitless

"Why are you still here?"

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

*Ignites lightsaber*

:hitless

"AHHHHHH!"

chisox06
03-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
It's not Enemencio Pacheco is it? I thought is was supposed to be a stud?

I believe it is, triple 3 walks

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, it was Pacheco...breezed through his first inning, got spanked in that one. Actually didnt even get spanked - just had zero control.

The_Floridian
03-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Pacheco is one of our future guys. Went 12-2 with a 2.56 ERA at Birmingham last year. Just a little nervous now.

Konerko just ripped a double to left.

Mickster
03-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Konerko doubles to left.

1st sign of armageddon??? :?:

nodiggity59
03-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Konerko just hit a double.

RKMeibalane
03-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Konerko doubles to left.

1st sign of armageddon??? :?:

Just watch. The Sox will strand him at third base.

Mickster
03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Just watch. The Sox will strand him at third base.

Can't. Put in a pinch runner.

Who, by the way, was stranded at 3rd........

nodiggity59
03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Konerko's gone... pinch runner for him. Bobby Smith grounded out, runner stranded.

DrCrawdad
03-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
Konerko's gone... pinch runner for him. Bobby Smith grounded out, runner stranded.

I'm sick of Bobby Smith already.

RKMeibalane
03-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Can't. Put in a pinch runner.

Who, by the way, was stranded at 3rd........

It never fails. The Sox really need to stop doing things like that. I know that it's only Spring Training, but those are the situations where they screwed up time and time again last season. If they want to win their division in 2004, then they need to take advantage of situations where they have runners in scoring position.

Rocky Soprano
03-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Whats the score?

RKMeibalane
03-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Whats the score?

6-5 Good Guys.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
6-5 Good Guys.

Inning?

RKMeibalane
03-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Inning?

I have no idea. I've only been following the game through this thread.

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Willie Harris just took a knee to the nose...

sas1974
03-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Willie Harris just took a knee to the nose...

Was it from Uribe trying to take the job? :D:

Tekijawa
03-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Willie Harris just took a knee to the nose...

ooooooooooh the ladies aren't going to like that!

nodiggity59
03-10-2004, 05:17 PM
7-6 Royals.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
7-6 Royals.

Any details on how it happened?

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 05:18 PM
The Royals score 2 to take the lead, 7-6... Regular season form.

RKMeibalane
03-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
The Royals score 2 to take the lead, 7-6... Regular season form.

The Sox have reverted to their old ways. What happened to guys who were around just a few days ago?

Jjav829
03-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Any details on how it happened?

2 different players touched all 4 bases. :D:

Mickster
03-10-2004, 05:25 PM
There are only 4 players on the sox roster that are playing today. (Rowand, Konerko, Harris & ????)

The rest of the crew is playing tonight v. Colorado at 8p.

mealfred13
03-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
2 different players touched all 4 bases. :D:

The sarcasm in this thread is killing me...hehe

Lip Man 1
03-10-2004, 05:26 PM
The only announcers that I can think of who are worse the Sample and McRae were Caray and Carter. The reason they are going off on tangents is because they know very little about either teams let alone the B league players who are participating.

They are about as bad as the Sox scrubs since the 9th inning of the game Monday against the A's.

First cuts are at the end of the week, it should be easy to ax ten of so of these morons.

Lip

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Sox have reverted to their old ways. What happened to guys who were around just a few days ago? I guess in all fairness, they're pretty much letting every assclown on the team pitch. They're not exactly playing to win games right now...

Jjav829
03-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by mealfred13
The sarcasm in this thread is killing me...hehe

I try. I'm no Unregistered though. :smile:

sas1974
03-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Sox have reverted to their old ways. What happened to guys who were around just a few days ago?

I am hoping that most of the regular guys are out by now. Of course, I am not sure how many of them were there to begin with. This is a SS game. They have another game this evening.

RKMeibalane
03-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I guess in all fairness, they're pretty much letting every assclown on the team pitch. They're not exactly playing to win games right now...

Even so, this is a little dissapointing. The five errors from yesterday's game was just pathetic. What's bad about that was that several regular players were involved. Oh, well. The first roster cuts are at the end of the week, so maybe most of these guys will be gone.

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I try. I'm no Unregistered though. :smile: :o:

mealfred13
03-10-2004, 05:29 PM
How many innings do we have left for Rowand to tie it up?

sas1974
03-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
2 different players touched all 4 bases. :D:

Oh! Thanks! :D:

Jjav829
03-10-2004, 05:31 PM
9-6 Royals on an error by "let's see, who pinch ran for Rowand," the center fielder. Thanks radio guys!

nodiggity59
03-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Dropped ball in center for Sox... not Rowan he's done for today.

Mickster
03-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by mealfred13
How many innings do we have left for Rowand to tie it up?

None. He's out of the game... His reoplacement just got 2 run E in cf!

9-6 KC

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 05:32 PM
2-run triple off "the center fielder's" glove. "Let's see... pinch ran for Row...and... uh... it's one of those non-roster guys."

AWESOME play-by-play, fellas.

Garth Brooks batting?

Jjav829
03-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Ha, we struck out Garth Brooks! Better then the Scrubs did yesterday!

sas1974
03-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
9-6 Royals on an error by "let's see, who pinch ran for Rowand," the center fielder. Thanks radio guys!

That is terrible! I am sure it's tough w/ all of these random guys out there though. Were Farmer and Rooney that bad?

sas1974
03-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Ha, we struck out Garth Brooks! Better then the Scrubs did yesterday!

Are you sure it wasn't Chris Gaines?

Mickster
03-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
That is terrible! I am sure it's tough w/ all of these random guys out there though. We're Farmer and Rooney that bad?

Not at all. They seemed to know all of them and would try to give a little info on each. Did a pretty good job.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Not at all. They seemed to know all of them and would try to give a little info on each. Did a pretty good job.

Even the OTHER team? If so, that's pretty good.

Mickster
03-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Carlos Castillo and Marvin Bernard released outright by Sox today.

mealfred13
03-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Are you sure it wasn't Chris Gaines?

HAHAHA :D:

mealfred13
03-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Looks like we're screwed huh? At least this was a split-squad game. Who else was hitting today besides Rowand and Konerko? And by hitting I mean "up to bat"

npdempse
03-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Carlos Castillo and Marvin Bernard released outright by Sox today.

Shame about Benard. He seems owie since his source of the clear and the cream dried up.

delben91
03-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Carlos Castillo and Marvin Bernard released outright by Sox today.

That's a good start.

Mickster
03-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by mealfred13
Looks like we're screwed huh? At least this was a split-squad game. Who else was hitting today besides Rowand and Konerko? And by hitting I mean "up to bat"

Harris.

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Shame about Benard. He seems owie since his source of the clear and the cream dried up. The only "shame" about Bernard is that he was called "White Sox Outfielder Marvin Bernard" for even 2 weeks.

Unregistered
03-10-2004, 05:49 PM
BTW, did anyone else leave this "broadcast" on past the game? I left the office and came back to a friggin' rave. Those KC fans LOVE them their techno music, i guess...