PDA

View Full Version : Cubune & Kiley Begin Defense of "McCarthyism"

Hangar18
03-10-2004, 12:47 PM
pure cubpoganda, and spin-doctoring. Funny how it takes a small paper like the Southtown to get more attention on a
story like this

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-040309cubs,1,1629363.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Irishsox1
03-10-2004, 01:50 PM
That article is a total piece of crap. I remember a couple of years ago Julian Tavarez called the San Francisco fans "homos" after he got knocked out of a game and after the storm blew over, the Cubune ran a nice puff piece on Julian and how great of a person he was. Any article written about the Cubs or Sox in the Cubune is basically a waste of paper.

SoxFan76
03-10-2004, 05:32 PM
That pisses me off

That is all....

jackbrohamer
03-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Baker is truly a victim, as was Keith Hernandez Dave Parker and the other Pittsburgh drug trial guys.

Actually the steroid flap will be pretty similar to the 1985 Pittsburgh drug trials where the multimillionare-cocaine-using ballplayers testified they bought drugs from a dealer but only the dealer went to jail.

IIRC Bill Veeck had an article in Sporting News titled "Rat Fink Week-Baseball Style," where he wrote something like the players "walked into court with $1,000 suits and 25-cents worth of character."

CubKilla
03-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
That article is a total piece of crap. I remember a couple of years ago Julian Tavarez called the San Francisco fans "homos" after he got knocked out of a game and after the storm blew over, the Cubune ran a nice puff piece on Julian and how great of a person he was. Any article written about the Cubs or Sox in the Cubune is basically a waste of paper.

Julian called the SF fans a-holes and the "F" word for homosexuals. Both the Trib and the Times acknowledged the incident, but it was buried way in the back of the sports section.

Later that year, Jose Valentin hit a HR at Wrigley Field and mocked ShamME. Moronotti coined the phrase "Smut Sox" after JV's mocking and both papers ran articles ripping the Sox with interviews of Baylor calling the Sox and their fans classless because of JV's "gesture."

The fact that the Trib and Times are equally hated rags amongst Sox fans is well deserved.

davidleeroth
03-10-2004, 06:48 PM
steroids are illegal, being a communist is not. nice try dusty.

kittle545feet
03-10-2004, 10:59 PM
sen. mccarthy was a hero dusty who got hammered by people running scared from the truth! :angry:

hftrex
03-11-2004, 07:14 PM
What else do you expect? Funny that Rex Hudler hasn't posted a defense of his man Dusty here yet.

jackbrohamer
03-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Dusty was really whining overtime yesterday according to the Cub Times: ''I'm really tired of people always picking at what I don't do,'' he said. ''There's a whole bunch of them out there that haven't done what I have done. I don't pay no attention to that criticism. Why don't people leave me alone? Why do they always talk [bleep] on me?"

Done what he's done....lessee... One pennant in 11 years. Quite an accomplishment, nobody should ever criticize him