PDA

View Full Version : Beer Prices

fledgedrallycap
03-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Moronotti just read an e-mail on his show stating that beer prices at Comiskey will be raised to 5.50 this year. Not that the extra .75 cents will kill me, but just curious if this is true?

voodoochile
03-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Moronotti just read an e-mail on his show stating that beer prices at Comiskey will be raised to 5.50 this year. Not that the extra .75 cents will kill me, but just curious if this is true?

Wouldn't surprise me at all. The Bears are getting $6.00 and Moreno in Anaheim lowered them from NINE FREAKING DOLLARS to $7.00.

JR can always claim he is just following the trend...

Eddie Gaedel
03-10-2004, 11:42 AM
this doesn't surprise me. my girlfriend's father sets the consession prices for bismark (united center). he also consults for many ballparks and stadiums across the country. every time we go to a game at comiskey he walks around and checks the prices. he always says they don't charge enough for beer and a few other items.

RichFitztightly
03-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

I'm a server on the club level and I know the prices last year were $5.50 for a 20 ounce beer. So I'm not sure what they're actually getting at.

duke of dorwood
03-10-2004, 12:20 PM
:reinsy

Drink up folk$

ewokpelts
03-10-2004, 12:22 PM
The United Center charges five bucks for a large SODA. $5.50 for a 16 ounce beer. I'm not suprised at all. What was Moronotti's response?
Gene

SoxxoS
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM

Come on you raging alchoholics out there. Come to the Cell and line my pockets...

Randar68
03-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
I'm a server on the club level and I know the prices last year were $5.50 for a 20 ounce beer. So I'm not sure what they're actually getting at.

The CLub Level and the Bullpen Sports bar both offerred that 20 oz for 5.50 deal, but it was 4.75 for a 16 oz beer out in the stands with the rest of the common-folk.

ewokpelts
03-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
The CLub Level and the Bullpen Sports bar both offerred that 20 oz for 5.50 deal, but it was 4.75 for a 16 oz beer out in the stands with the rest of the common-folk.

and the great 12 oz beer for 4.50
Gene

sas1974
03-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Is this REALLY that big of a deal? I would guess that $5.50 is on par with most and cheaper than some ball parks. Anyone know what it costs to get a beer at Yankee Stadium? I think it's $7 or $8. Yes, I realize there is a better product ON the field, but that's not what this is about.

rahulsekhar
03-10-2004, 12:53 PM
The Sox in general have pretty cheap concessions compared to other sports venues - including beer. Seems like after the increase, they still will.

So....from being among the cheapest, they go to simply below average in price. And get slammed relative to the guy who lowered them from among the highest to simply above average priced?

Argue with the product on the field all you want - but it's not like Sox fans are getting screwed by the price of beer (at least not in the universe of sports concessions).

sas1974
03-10-2004, 12:59 PM
And why in the hell does Moronotti care? It's not like he's going to be going to any games at Comiskey.

So far he's complained about an upper deck he hasn't sat in yet and the price of beer that he's not going to drink. What's next?

HITMEN OF 77
03-10-2004, 01:16 PM
I know in Peattle the price for a 16oz beer is $7.00 or $7.50, there not domestic though, it's micro brew.

fledgedrallycap
03-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
I'm not suprised at all. What was Moronotti's response?
Gene

Something to the extent he will try to get them lowered back to normal...then made a sarcastic remark regarding his bud J.R.

jackbrohamer
03-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
And why in the hell does Moronotti care? It's not like he's going to be going to any games at Comiskey.

I've seen Moronotti a few times at bars & restaurants (unfortunately). From what I've seen, any increase in the price of alcohol would be disturbing to him.

fledgedrallycap
03-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
I've seen Moronotti a few times at bars & restaurants (unfortunately). From what I've seen, any increase in the price of alcohol would be disturbing to him.

Watch it, if you say one bad thing about him he will threaten to sue you for slander....he made that remark in the direction of our beloved Hawk

Eddie Gaedel
03-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
The Sox in general have pretty cheap concessions compared to other sports venues - including beer. Seems like after the increase, they still will.

So....from being among the cheapest, they go to simply below average in price. And get slammed relative to the guy who lowered them from among the highest to simply above average priced?

Argue with the product on the field all you want - but it's not like Sox fans are getting screwed by the price of beer (at least not in the universe of sports concessions).

yes, and at least comiskey has beer vendors. at pacbell they have coffee vendors but no beer vendors. i think beer at the concession stands are $7.50!

sas1974
03-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer

You should list of few of his hang outs. I am sure there are many people on this site that would love to have a drink w/ him.

ma_deuce
03-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Its $7.25 for Bud in a can at Busch Stadium. Yuck.

Deuce

SoxxoS
03-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ma_deuce

Deuce

Are you talking about the beer or the price? :smile:

StockdaleForVeep
03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
can we chalk this up to bill wirtz bein the douche jag bag he is? Since he owns licquor distribution in illinois pretty much, doesnt he have a main say on the prices

wirtz-I dont want a stanley cup, theyre too expensive
every hawk fan in existance-::shotgun cocking::

also whats this extra 50 cents gonna go to? Surely its not goin towards our talent, can i get a guarentee it will go towards our talent, if not i want a refund

sas1974
03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ma_deuce

Deuce

If I am paying $7.25 for a lousy can of Bud, it better be brought out on a clydesdale-driven carriage.

sas1974
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
All in all, I think we are seeing from a lot of these posts that we really don't have it so bad on the South Side (as far as the price of beer concerned). And not only is the food priced pretty well, it's some of the best you're going to find.

rahulsekhar
03-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Also - do the Sox actually keep all of that increase? I thought they subcontracted the vendors so they'd likely split that with whatever company does that actual vending.

ewokpelts
03-10-2004, 03:46 PM
two words: tail gate

ma_deuce
03-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Are you talking about the beer or the price? :smile:

All three... Bud, the price, and the stadium. :D:

Deuce

Iwritecode
03-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
If I am paying $7.25 for a lousy can of Bud, it better be brought out on a clydesdale-driven carriage.

That's POTW material right there... :D:

CubKilla
03-10-2004, 04:29 PM
While the Sox may have some of the cheapest concessions in MLB, the fact that a beer may have a $0.75 price increase when the on-field product hasn't been bettered one bit bothers me. Where is this extra money going Mr. Reinsdorf?

"Do you really need to ask me that question?"

ewokpelts
03-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
While the Sox may have some of the cheapest concessions in MLB, the fact that a beer may have a $0.75 price increase when the on-field product hasn't been bettered one bit bothers me. Where is this extra money going Mr. Reinsdorf?

"Do you really need to ask me that question?"

LOL! That's good.....
Gene

sas1974
03-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
That's POTW material right there... :D:

Thank you, sir.

row18
03-10-2004, 08:41 PM
right on brotha, i agree 750%

RedPinStripes
03-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
this doesn't surprise me. my girlfriend's father sets the consession prices for bismark (united center). he also consults for many ballparks and stadiums across the country. every time we go to a game at comiskey he walks around and checks the prices. he always says they don't charge enough for beer and a few other items. NOT ENOUGH! How much ****ing money do people need to make off 1 watered down tap beer? A keg is what? 9 1/2 cases? And they prolly get those kegs for 70.00 max.

It makes me sick ..........................

This is why guys like me load up on little shooter bottles in dupage county and wear a jacket when it's 90 out side or have a girl stuff 8 of them in her purse. Sunday afternoon at the park out with the boys.............I'm getting my buzz on and not going to pay 100.00 for a buzz either.

So the Sox dont charge as much as other tems but it just went up .75 ? Thanx for the favor Jerry! Has anything in that park not gone up in price beside the payroll?
:chunks

RichFitztightly
03-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

So the Sox dont charge as much as other tems but it just went up .75 ? Thanx for the favor Jerry! Has anything in that park not gone up in price beside the payroll?

WHAT!!? I set the payroll at $58million!!! Now it's $60+million... You ungrateful fans!!! You're lucky I put any money into this team at all!!!

ChiSox65
03-10-2004, 10:15 PM
I read it was gonna be $5.50 for a 16 oz. beer. I hate to say it but this is still cheaper than most other parks. This is crazy.

cubhater
03-10-2004, 10:33 PM
I talked to one of my friends who's a beer vendor at the Cell and she confirmed beer went up 75 cents. Now check this out....you know how much extra the vendors will make off this increase? One friggin' penny! :angry:

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-10-2004, 10:38 PM
$5.50 scares me for only one reason. The 600 singles I will have in my pocket by the end of the game. At least at $4.75 when you pay with a five, you only get a quarter back which I always just tossed in the tip box. If you paid with a ten, you got a five dollar bill and a quarter.
Now,
One beer for yourself, gets you four singles back.
Buying a beer for yourself and a buddy will cost $11.00
Pay with a twenty and you are getting $9 back. I usually come home with a pocket full of crumbled up ones. Now just think of the pocket full. My wife will be excited!
:gulp:

SoxxoS
03-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
$5.50 scares me for only one reason. The 600 singles I will have in my pocket by the end of the game. At least at $4.75 when you pay with a five, you only get a quarter back which I always just tossed in the tip box. If you paid with a ten, you got a five dollar bill and a quarter.
Now,
Pay with a twenty and you are getting $9 back. I usually come home with a pocket full of crumbled up ones. Now just think of the pocket full. My wife will be excited!

Wow. I'm impressed. I didn't think someone would look that far ahead into this. Beer just has an amazing influence.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Wow. I'm impressed. I didn't think someone would look that far ahead into this. Beer just has an amazing influence.

It sure does! That is why I am consuming several right now!

ewokpelts
03-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by cubhater
I talked to one of my friends who's a beer vendor at the Cell and she confirmed beer went up 75 cents. Now check this out....you know how much extra the vendors will make off this increase? One friggin' penny! :angry:
I blame dollar bill more so than uncle jerry....he set the bat at the uc with $5+ beers....that spurred on the mcsuckys with thier 6 buck beer, and now the flubs and sox do it.....thanks bill...i hope the hawks fold
Gene

voodoochile
03-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Now,

Stop at the strip club on the way home and use those singles... :D:

minastirith67
03-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Pay $5.50 for a lousy cup of watered-down swill? I think not. The only beers worth drinking at Comiskey are the foreign beers they sell. In my experience, the only good American beers tend to be microbrews.

StockdaleForVeep
03-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67
Pay $5.50 for a lousy cup of watered-down swill? I think not. The only beers worth drinking at Comiskey are the foreign beers they sell. In my experience, the only good American beers tend to be microbrews.

yeah, u get better deals at college frat parties or the discount scores here

6 pack of hamms beer for like 1.25, its horrid but its beer

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by minastirith67

Pick up a bag full of Pabst 40 ouncers and enjoy. Sometimes microbrews are nothing more than fermented soy sauce.

npdempse
03-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Pick up a bag full of Pabst 40 ouncers and enjoy. Sometimes microbrews are nothing more than fermented soy sauce.

True (well, true in that there are some bad micros out there. NO beer is "fermented soy sauce", though some imperial stouts definitely throw some soy sauce aromas), but Pabst and all the other crappy beers Miller makes, and all the other macros, are always swill, so better to take your chances with the micros and have a shot at getting something with flavor.

As Lord of the Rings guy points out, the only truly good beer to be had at Comiskey is the imports, which was actually part of my consideration in getting my tickets in sect. 159, right by beers of the world. I wish they'd get some Goose Island at least to represent Chicago, if not 2 Brothers or 3Floyds.

wdelaney72
03-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Goose Island may be a Chicago beer, but as Button 8 on MackJurkoHarry would say, "O-VER-RAY-TED! Clap! Clap! Clap Clap Clap!!"

It's sad to say, but Cleveland has one of the finest Microbrews in the country, and they sell it Jacob's field (Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold)

ewokpelts
03-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
True (well, true in that there are some bad micros out there. NO beer is "fermented soy sauce", though some imperial stouts definitely throw some soy sauce aromas), but Pabst and all the other crappy beers Miller makes, and all the other macros, are always swill, so better to take your chances with the micros and have a shot at getting something with flavor.

As Lord of the Rings guy points out, the only truly good beer to be had at Comiskey is the imports, which was actually part of my consideration in getting my tickets in sect. 159, right by beers of the world. I wish they'd get some Goose Island at least to represent Chicago, if not 2 Brothers or 3Floyds.

Macro brews sold at the cell have less alcohol than imports or smaller us breweries.....stick with those if you want more buzz
Gene