PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti on Around the Horn

depy48
03-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Mariotti advises the Yankees to trade for Magglio, nationally on Around the Horn. This got me upset because it feels like Mariotti has no faith in the whitesox, and he thinks that Sox are alreayd going to trade their best player. What a jackass.

wood28
03-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Your last sentence said it all

cheeses_h_rice
03-09-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm sure Steinbrenner was just waiting for Jay's word to get the go-ahead.

Rocky Soprano
03-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Why doesnt that jackass suggest the Yanks take Sosa? Isn't he the best ever?

RKMeibalane
03-09-2004, 04:32 PM
:moron

"I want Magglio Ordonez out of Chicago. With him gone, my sweet and dear Sammy will once again be king of the Windy City."

:hurt

"We'll see about that, Jay."

:moron

"Damn you, Frank Thomas! You're stealing the glory from my Sammy. I won't allow it. The White Sox are the devil. Sammy Sosa is the savior of baseball. He is so great and mighty. Everyone should bow down before him."

Hangar18
03-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by depy48
Mariotti advises the Yankees to trade for Magglio, nationally on Around the Horn. This got me upset because it feels like Mariotti has no faith in the whitesox, and he thinks that Sox are alreayd going to trade their best player. What a jackass.

This is just Irresponsible. He could easily have said lets pick
up SOSA. bogus. What....the SOX are the Storehouse
for the Real Teams that go for Championships

guillen4life13
03-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Anyone know where Jay lives?

I've eggs, and Daver's got a lot of little tools that would come in handy I'm sure.

:D:

jeremyb1
03-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Who are the Yankees going to trade us? They don't have any prospects and we're not about to take on any of their huge contracts.

hftrex
03-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Who are the Yankees going to trade us? They don't have any prospects and we're not about to take on any of their huge contracts.

If you're really into statistics as much as you say you are, then you should have realized by now that the ratio of intelligent Mariotti observations is outweighed by the ignorant ones by at least a million to one.

Talking about Mariotti's ignorance is like talking about the sun setting to end the day..............it always happens in the exact same way every day.

Tekijawa
03-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

I'm sure it would be at least a three team trade where we would ship off Maggs, Konerko, and Koch and get some marginal starting pitching and 2 prospects in return...

WhiteSox = Life
03-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

I've eggs, and Daver's got a lot of little tools that would come in handy I'm sure.

Don't waste your eggs on Mariotti. Save 'em for food... Or more food for thought.

SoxFan76
03-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Whoa, I just realized Sammy is the 3rd best player in Chicago at best. You can even argue Buerhle, Prior, Patterson, and Loaiza as well. Sosa is like the 7th best player in Chicago at the moment! You'd never think that with everybody drooling over his every move.

gosox41
03-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

Last I heard it was in the Lincolnshire area,

Bob

Railsplitter
03-10-2004, 09:25 AM
If it weren't for Woody Paige (wgho is the most frightening person I've every seen) Mariotti would be the most muted person on Around the Horn

34rancher
03-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Last I heard it was in the Lincolnshire area,

Bob

I've seen him in Lincolnshire also. When I confronted him one time in a friendly way (seriously, I was nice) about the Sox, you should have seen him ignore me. I really wasn't trying to be mean, I was more curious as to his intentions. I believe everyone has a right to their opinions. I guess he likes to be in a postion of authority where he can control conversations through print or radio. Oh well. He does have a large melon though.

ChiSoxBobette
03-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by depy48

Moronotti Hates The White Sox, so what would you expect from him. Jr & KW would be fools to trade Maggs to the yankmees because (maybe its because I'm the eternal optimistic)I think the Sox will be fighting it out for 1st place come Sept.

GO WHITE SOX!