PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* White Sox vs Rockies 3-9-04

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 02:13 PM
The game is on AM 1000.

Uribe opened with a triple and was knocked in by a Valentin single. Thomas grounded into a double play.

Going into the bottom of the first, it's 1-0 Sox.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Royce Clayton just attempted a bunt and hit it right at Thomas.

Buehrle sends 'em down 1-2-3.

1-0 Sox after 1.

ma_deuce
03-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the updates, Floridian. I don't get AM1000 out here in Belleville.

Deuce

SSN721
03-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Is that denver station broadcasting again over the internet?

Brian26
03-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Rockies score 2 runs on 2 hits, 1 error, one man left on base. Rockies lead 2-1 after 2 innings.

Brian26
03-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Buehrle strikes out. 2 out in the top of the third.

npdempse
03-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by SSN721

Apparently not.
Just turned it on and it was that drugged out turd Limbaugh.

<shudder>

Rocky Soprano
03-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by SSN721

No its not. I just went there and they got Rush L. on.

I was really hoping they were going to have it on.

Brian26
03-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Valentin with an rbi stand-up triple to tie the game 2-2.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Go Manos! Go full-time lefty!

Woo hoo!

Fungo
03-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Valentin with an rbi stand-up triple to tie the game 2-2.

Just a side note....

I haven't listened to any of the Spring Training game till this one, but Valentin is batting left handed against Joe Kennedy, a lefty. Farmer said Guillen had a lot to do with that and said he would try and find out if he was hitting exclusively left-handed over the winter. He's 2-2 on the day so far.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Rockies score 3 in the third. 5-2 Rockies.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Olico with an RBI single to score Gload.

5-3 Rockies.

Olivo steals second with Anderson up. One out.

Rocky Soprano
03-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
Rockies score 3 in the third. 5-2 Rockies.

Rough outing for Mark B.?

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 03:03 PM
It wasn't the best. But a couple of those runs were unearned.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Buehrle's still pitching in the 4th.

ChiSox7
03-09-2004, 03:07 PM
I want to say three of those runs were unearned. Maybe 4. I know the first two were, and a Uribe error prolonged the second inning. Still, gotta get guys like Todd Greene and Denny Hocking out.

fledgedrallycap
03-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Wow! Farmerio just stated Uribe may be the front-runner for the 2nd base job. Wouldn't that be something, all this talk about Willie and Juan breaks camp with the job....

Tekijawa
03-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Here's a little from the Game...

HOME RUNS: CHN - ARAMIS RAMIREZ (1) OFF DARRELL MAY IN THE 1ST
TODD HOLLANDSWORTH (2) OFF SCOTT SULLIVAN IN THE 4TH
CALVIN MURRAY (1) OFF SCOTT SULLIVAN IN THE 4TH

Sullivan isn't having a great day...

ma_deuce
03-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

I don't think Sullivan has ever had a good day.

Deuce

RKMeibalane
03-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Here's a little from the Game...

HOME RUNS: CHN - ARAMIS RAMIREZ (1) OFF DARRELL MAY IN THE 1ST
TODD HOLLANDSWORTH (2) OFF SCOTT SULLIVAN IN THE 4TH
CALVIN MURRAY (1) OFF SCOTT SULLIVAN IN THE 4TH

It's things like this that make me glad Sullivan isn't here anymore.

Jerko
03-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
I want to say three of those runs were unearned. Maybe 4. I know the first two were, and a Uribe error prolonged the second inning. Still, gotta get guys like Todd Greene and Denny Hocking out.

I don't think we've gotten Denny Freaking Hocking out since 1999.

anewman35
03-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Wow! Farmerio just stated Uribe may be the front-runner for the 2nd base job. Wouldn't that be something, all this talk about Willie and Juan breaks camp with the job....

Well, Farmerio might be an idiot. Not saying he's wrong here, but he's known for making odd statements that have no chance of happening.

thepaulbowski
03-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Well, Farmerio might be an idiot. Not saying he's wrong here, but he's known for making odd statements that have no chance of happening.

Like calling himself a Notre Damer without ever going to school there? :D:

rahulsekhar
03-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Since it's known that Uribe's a better defensive player, when he plays well offensively, for Farmer to say that he "may" be the frontrunner really isn't saying all that much, IMO.

Woldn't it be obvious that if you get similar offensive production out of a better defensive player that they'd move ahead of the competition?

Tekijawa
03-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Since it's known that Uribe's a better defensive player, when he plays well offensively, for Farmer to say that he "may" be the frontrunner really isn't saying all that much, IMO.

So what you're saying is it's kind of like when the Sox say that Schoenwiesse is going to be our 4th starter...

southsidegirl
03-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Crede just hit a double!

KingXerxes
03-09-2004, 03:37 PM
:farmer

"I think pietra in Spanish means "rock"."

No Ed, I think roca in Spanish means "rock". I also don't think you ever have any idea of what you're talking about.

southsidegirl
03-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Reed w/ a single. 7-4

Unregistered
03-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Well, Farmerio might be an idiot. Not saying he's wrong here, but he's known for making odd statements that have no chance of happening. Yeah, this is the same guy who said Frank Thomas might not make the 40-man roster last Spring... I think Farmer just says stupid crap in ST to see if people are actually listening.

IlliniSox
03-09-2004, 03:44 PM
He's a hitter. The Sox need a new face in the equation. I hope they bring Reed North.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-09-2004, 03:58 PM
I was listening to the game earlier in school and it was hilarious when Rooney called clayton an automatic out. So true!

southsidegirl
03-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Blah! I can't find my hand held radio. I just have to sprint home from the bus so I don't miss much.

KingXerxes
03-09-2004, 04:14 PM

"I'd like to take a moment and correct myself from an earlier mis-statement. Piedra doesn't mean "rock" in Spanish - it means "stone". Now when somebody is piedra-ed in Spain, or Mexico even - nice country Spain, not to slight Mexico either that's a nice country, although when you sit back and think about which countries are the nicest, that's countries with an "R" - if your take the "R" away you'll only have counties some of which can be pretty nice in their own right, and when I say right, I don't mean the direction right as opposed to left, I mean the rights that we as human beings have as stated in the Cook County Declaration of the Constitution, which I don't think they have in Spain, and I'm almost certain they don't have in Mexico. In those countries and their respespective counties rights are call derechas, and the can be taken away from you if you break the law, in some counties of those countries I've even heard that they can throw piedras at you until you are muerte, or maybe those are different countries like Sweden and Pennsylvania, well any Rooney you have to treat every spring training pitch like it's the last pitch you'll ever make, and when I say pitch, I don't mean "field of play" as they would say in Britain......they wouldn't say field of play in Britain, or England for that matter - they would say pitch....you'd have to be pretty strong to be able to throw a pitch in England I'll tell you that."

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Sox are down 10-4 after seven innings.

Sad. I will cook food to remove this sadness.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Farmio just said the guy played for Rio Piedra..."That means rich rock, I think."

Rico=Rich
Rio=River

He corrected himself ont he Rio-river part, but he still insists piedra means rock.

Let's give it up for Spanish 101.

npdempse
03-09-2004, 04:28 PM
WRT Buehrle having a bad outing--he was doing things like pitching to the 8 man in an NL game. Sounds to me like he was just out there practicing, rather than trying to win a game. Which is what he should be doing in ST.

RKMeibalane
03-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Has Farmer whined about anything yet? During every Sox game I've ever listened to, he's always found something to whine about. Has that happened yet this spring?

KingXerxes
03-09-2004, 04:30 PM

"David Sanders is now in to pitch for the White Sox. For those of you at home, his last name means "sanders" which is to say a multitude of things that can be used for sanding."

KingXerxes
03-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Has Farmer whined about anything yet? During every Sox game I've ever listened to, he's always found something to whine about. Has that happened yet this spring?

Most of the whining comes from those who have to listen to him.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

He was a little ticked off about Uribe's D at second today. But mostly he's just been teaching Spanish classes.

Rocky Soprano
03-09-2004, 04:35 PM

He corrected himself ont he Rio-river part, but he still insists piedra means rock.

Piedra does mean rock in spanish. Roca is the "formal" or "proper" word but piedra is the same thing.

Vsahajpal
03-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes

"I'd like to take a moment and correct myself from an earlier mis-statement. Piedra doesn't mean "rock" in Spanish - it means "stone". Now when somebody is piedra-ed in Spain, or Mexico even - nice country Spain, not to slight Mexico either that's a nice country, although when you sit back and think about which countries are the nicest, that's countries with an "R" - if your take the "R" away you'll only have counties some of which can be pretty nice in their own right, and when I say right, I don't mean the direction right as opposed to left, I mean the rights that we as human beings have as stated in the Cook County Declaration of the Constitution, which I don't think they have in Spain, and I'm almost certain they don't have in Mexico. In those countries and their respespective counties rights are call derechas, and the can be taken away from you if you break the law, in some counties of those countries I've even heard that they can throw piedras at you until you are muerte, or maybe those are different countries like Sweden and Pennsylvania, well any Rooney you have to treat every spring training pitch like it's the last pitch you'll ever make, and when I say pitch, I don't mean "field of play" as they would say in Britain......they wouldn't say field of play in Britain, or England for that matter - they would say pitch....you'd have to be pretty strong to be able to throw a pitch in England I'll tell you that."

King! I love you man. And when I say love, I don't mean "0" as in tennis.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Piedra does mean rock in spanish. Roca is the "formal" or "proper" word but piedra is the same thing.

Right...um...of course. Just testing you.

KingXerxes
03-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

"That's what I've been saying. It's like when people get mad at me for constantly referring to "The Stone of Gibraltar", or the movie "Romancing the Rock"."

Hangar18
03-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Farmio just said the guy played for Rio Piedra..."That means rich rock, I think."

Rico=Rich
Rio=River

being spanish myself, Rio is River. Piedra means
both STONE and ROCK. It would depend on how it
was used in the sentence. Spanish can be quirky in that
a word in one sentence can mean something slightly diff
in another. Would be like me saying The Chicago Media
Sucks. or the Chicago Media Stinks. would generally
mean the same thing. back to the game now.

The_Floridian
03-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Sox lose. Made 5 errors.

Ouch.

Ok. Remember it doesn't count.

KingXerxes
03-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Spanish can be quirky in that
a word in one sentence can mean something slightly diff
in another..

If you run hard enough your can score a run, which can start this team off on a big run, now I have to bid a thirty because I have a run in clubs while my wife yells at me because she's got a run in her stockings.

I'm just poking fun at our beloved Farmer.

SoxxoS
03-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Sox lose. Made 5 errors.

Ouch.

Ok. Remember it doesn't count.

What? Are you kidding. I find out that we are doom and gloom over at Baseball Prospectus and now this??? 100 loss season, here we come.

Lip Man 1
03-09-2004, 06:32 PM
The interesting comment that Ed had about Uribe took place in the 3rd inning. With Hocking at first, the next batter laid down a bunt. Buehrle apparently looked at second, had a play (according to Farmer) but had to throw to first because Uribe wasn't near the bag.

Farmer then said and I'm paraphrasing here, you can impress a manager two ways in the spring. Either by doing everything right, playing everyday and forcing the manager to give you a lot of consideration or by doing things wrong and basically saying to the manager 'I really don't know what I'm doing out here.' Farmer said that Uribe has been doing more of the later.

Don't know how true that is but remember Joe Cowley's story on Uribe and his conclusion after talking to his former Rockie teammates that this was another case of D'Angelo Jimenez (i.e. a lazy player who often doesn't know what is going on.)

Lip

crector
03-10-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The interesting comment that Ed had about Uribe took place in the 3rd inning. With Hocking at first, the next batter laid down a bunt. Buehrle apparently looked at second, had a play (according to Farmer) but had to throw to first because Uribe wasn't near the bag.

Farmer then said and I'm paraphrasing here, you can impress a manager two ways in the spring. Either by doing everything right, playing everyday and forcing the manager to give you a lot of consideration or by doing things wrong and basically saying to the manager 'I really don't know what I'm doing out here.' Farmer said that Uribe has been doing more of the later.

Don't know how true that is but remember Joe Cowley's story on Uribe and his conclusion after talking to his former Rockie teammates that this was another case of D'Angelo Jimenez (i.e. a lazy player who often doesn't know what is going on.)

Lip

That could well be true of Uribe the fielder. However, Uribe has been hitting the ball both often and hard. Perhaps he could be platooned at DH with Frank.

hftrex
03-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a great idea!