PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Wolf takes Jab at Chicago Media

Hangar18
03-09-2004, 08:06 AM
****Breaking News*****
In a lighthearted, comical yet Very Pointed and Sarcastic Comment, cubbie Wolf today mentioned Sammy hit a homer, but the Chicago Media said not one word to him....about Steroids. Said that if Sammy were clean all this time, maybe he should do what the NBA player did and take a test on his own.
(of course, he may do that now that hes OFF the juice) He said the Chicago Media has chosen to ignore the story across the land and said they were probably more concerned with taking pictures of "his big smiling face".
right on. Im very Impressed with Wolf right now

DrCrawdad
03-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
****Breaking News*****
In a lighthearted, comical yet Very Pointed and Sarcastic Comment, cubbie Wolf today mentioned Sammy hit a homer, but the Chicago Media said not one word to him....about Steroids. Said that if Sammy were clean all this time, maybe he should do what the NBA player did and take a test on his own.
(of course, he may do that now that hes OFF the juice) He said the Chicago Media has chosen to ignore the story across the land and said they were probably more concerned with taking pictures of "his big smiling face".
right on. Im very Impressed with Wolf right now

You sure Wolf wasn't being sarcastic (was the closed captioning in teal)? I just wonder if Wolf wasn't in a way saying, 'Hey Sammy doesn't use steroids, this whole steroids thing is B.S.'

Hangar18
03-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
You sure Wolf wasn't being sarcastic (was the closed captioning in teal)? I just wonder if Wolf wasn't in a way saying, 'Hey Sammy doesn't use steroids, this whole steroids thing is B.S.'

I thought that while it was unfolding, his sarcasm was done
in a way that im sure it couldve gone over cub fans heads...
but I definitely got what he was Trying to Do. He was Jabbing
at them in a Late Nite Monologue kind of way. What made me realize he was for real, was he pointed out how the Chicago Media did nothing in the interview room, and mentioned they were just there to Take Pictures of Sammy (and not cover "news")

cheeses_h_rice
03-09-2004, 09:48 AM
AFAIK, Bruce Wolf is a Sox fan. He even got ribbed for it while interviewing two Flub fans buying tickets last month.

DrCrawdad
03-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
AFAIK, Bruce Wolf is a Sox fan. He even got ribbed for it while interviewing two Flub fans buying tickets last month.

I don't believe that Wolf is a Sox fan. I'm certain Wolf is a Cubbie fan.

Clembasbal
03-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I mentioned this in another thread, he was ripping on Cubs fans knowledge of their teams and baseball and they were failing terribly. Then he said to them something like, well that is what you expect from Cub fans...and even the Cub fans were laughing.

This is the first I have heard of him being a Sox fan, but if he is good news for us.

Dick Allen
03-09-2004, 10:38 AM
I mentioned in another thread that I somehow remember that Wolf was a Sox fan, though I can't remember why.

KingXerxes
03-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Bruce Wolf is definitely a White Sox fan.

vegyrex
03-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Back in the late 80's I heard Wolf say he was a Sox fan, although he really hasn't shown it much since then.

thepaulbowski
03-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by vegyrex
Back in the late 80's I heard Wolf say he was a Sox fan, although he really hasn't shown it much since then.

The Sox haven't shown much in that time period either.

sas1974
03-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Can someone please just email this freaking guy and ask him were his allegiance lies?

SD Scott 7
03-09-2004, 12:04 PM
I know for a fact Bruce Wolf is a sox fan because he told me so. I was at his table two weekends ago at Ron of Japan in Northfield, and I asked him what team he supports. He said, despite growing up on the north shore, he is a sox fan. We also shared a laugh about the slanted media coverage when it comes to the Sox and Cubs.

SoxFan76
03-09-2004, 01:06 PM
I could've sworn he was a Cubs fan. He makes a lot of sarcastic comments regarding the Sox on the news.

"The Sox haven't shown much in that time period either."

I don't agree with that statement. The Sox have had MUCH more success than the Cubs these last 25 years. That is the whole problem with the media. Regardless of how much better the Sox are than the Cubs, the Sox are crapped on year after year. What I'm getting to is, with all the sarcastic comments I've heard from Bruce Wolf directed towards Sox fans, they aren't exactly fair. The Sox have had many successful seasons, or at the least, much better than the Flubbies. That's why I thought for sure he was another Cubbie drone.

batmanZoSo
03-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by SD Scott 7
I know for a fact Bruce Wolf is a sox fan because he told me so. I was at his table two weekends ago at Ron of Japan in Northfield, and I asked him what team he supports. He said, despite growing up on the north shore, he is a sox fan. We also shared a laugh about the slanted media coverage when it comes to the Sox and Cubs.

But did he already know you were a Sox fan when you asked him? Had you made friends fast and he didn't want to start anything?

By the way I hate Ron of Japan. The food is good, but sitting with strangers? Get real. MHO.

batmanZoSo
03-09-2004, 01:11 PM

If Frank had been in this steroid fiasco this town would be an absolute frenzy. He wouldn't be able to sleep without some media people taking pictures and asking questions. The Chicago media can eat my ####.

SoxFan76
03-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
If Frank had been in this steroid fiasco this town would be an absolute frenzy. He wouldn't be able to sleep without some media people taking pictures and asking questions. The Chicago media can eat my ####.

Very true, which makes me even more impressed that Frank's name hasn't even been mentioned in this whole ordeal. I'm very pleased that not even the Cubune has talked about Frank and steroids, although they RARELY ever mention Sosa and steroids, which still is not very fair.

CubKilla
03-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76

I don't agree with that statement. The Sox have had MUCH more success than the Cubs these last 25 years.

Well I measure success in rings and neither team has one.

sas1974
03-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
By the way I hate Ron of Japan. The food is good, but sitting with strangers? Get real. MHO.

Then maybe you need to get some friends!! :)

Just kidding!

sas1974
03-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Very true, which makes me even more impressed that Frank's name hasn't even been mentioned in this whole ordeal. I'm very pleased that not even the Cubune has talked about Frank and steroids, although they RARELY ever mention Sosa and steroids, which still is not very fair.

I think they would get laughed out of town if they tried making that point. Frank is a big man. He's not ripped. His home run totals haven't gone from 33 to 66(for example).

I am disappointed, though not surprised, that Sosa's name hasn't come up in the Cubune in relation to steroids. He's their bread and butter, aside from their staff of course. They are not going to rip him and risk damaging their product.

thepaulbowski
03-09-2004, 01:49 PM
I could've sworn he was a Cubs fan. He makes a lot of sarcastic comments regarding the Sox on the news.

I don't agree with that statement. The Sox have had MUCH more success than the Cubs these last 25 years. That is the whole problem with the media. Regardless of how much better the Sox are than the Cubs, the Sox are crapped on year after year. What I'm getting to is, with all the sarcastic comments I've heard from Bruce Wolf directed towards Sox fans, they aren't exactly fair. The Sox have had many successful seasons, or at the least, much better than the Flubbies. That's why I thought for sure he was another Cubbie drone.

To me, a successful season involves a ring and/or a pennant. So in my mind, the Sox haven't been successful.

Hangar18
03-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by sas1974

I am disappointed, though not surprised, that Sosa's name hasn't come up in the Cubune in relation to steroids. He's their bread and butter, aside from their staff of course. They are not going to rip him and risk damaging their product.

Thats the problem with a MEDIA OUTLET OWNING a team.
Can the Cubune honestly say they Separate FAIR and BALANCED JOURNALISM with covering their own team? Not a chance in hell.
And of course, the Cub-Times, who are the Journalistic version of the NY Mets, end up Trying to "OutCub" the CUbune with their coverage. What ends up happening is you get the 2000 SOX getting Unequal Coverage all the way thru August. ANyone remember how the first couple of months, the Medias angle was "the sox will come back to earth", "wait til they play the yankees" "theyve had an easy schedule early" "theyre only playing .500 in may" and continued to give us Extra Coverage of the last place cubs ........

dan
03-09-2004, 01:55 PM
I know Bruce Wolf's son, and I would have to say that there is no real affiliation with the two teams. I think that he cares equally for both teams: not really fairweather, but honest in liking Chicago sports in general

SoxFan76
03-09-2004, 02:58 PM
I hate when people like both teams

ChiSoxBobette
03-10-2004, 10:24 AM

I think you have it right that way Bruce Wolf loves the scrubs & scammy so I think he was doing his little schtick as you saw it.