PDA

View Full Version : Is there really a high demand for tickets this year?

chisoxmike
03-08-2004, 11:14 PM
I was reading all the stories about how "popular" the Starting Nine was and thought, is there really a high demand for Sox tickets this year? Or are people buying these tickerts to see the opponets?

I've gone to the park for the past two years on the morning tix go on sale, but since I got my Starting Nine plan, I don't plan to buy anymore tickets right now, I want to get a few more games in my pocket before the season starts though.

What are your ticket situations looking like? Who went for the full/split/starting nine plans? Or who is going to the park saturday morning?

roofshot87
03-08-2004, 11:29 PM
I went for the Hit and run package (27 games). The package includes two of the Yankees games and one Cubs-Sox.

kittle42
03-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Why anyone would do anything but the 9 is beyond me, unless you get a full season plan. I got all 3 Cub games, the Yankees, Twins, Royals, Red Sox, Phillies, and Braves.

I'll still end up going to many, many more games, but at least I am guaranteed great seats at these 9.

WSox8404
03-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Is the Sox 9 still going on? And if so, for how much longer?

Rocklive99
03-09-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm pretty sure the Sox 9 ended.

I'm gonna be online to get my tix Saturday, I always get screwed by phone. I know someone who works at the mall, so hopefully they could hook me up at Carson's Ticketmaster just in case.

npdempse
03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
I ended up doing Hit&Run again. I got a hell of a gig this winter, otherwise I would have let my tickets lapse. Say what you will, going to watch a couple of games every other week is just about the best way you can spend a summer.

pinwheels3530
03-09-2004, 01:33 AM
I also got the hit and run plan it was the best out of the 3 partial plans being offered. I got my seats in the upper deck right behind home plate.

mike squires
03-09-2004, 04:49 AM
Living in Champaign I typically go to 5 or 6 games a year. With a new baby here we just can't afford that. I'll be gald to go to one or two...and a playoff game. :D:

Sad
03-09-2004, 07:50 AM
I bought 2 UDR for SOX-9 and plan on picking up an additional 3-4 games this Sat. lower deck box...

voodoochile
03-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
I'm pretty sure the Sox 9 ended.

I'm gonna be online to get my tix Saturday, I always get screwed by phone. I know someone who works at the mall, so hopefully they could hook me up at Carson's Ticketmaster just in case.

No, you can still do the Sox 9 at any time, but you won't be able to pick any games that are already sold out.

I think some of the demand is by flubbie fans who want to see the crosstown series. They cannot get tickets for those games up north. In fact, I know it is a popular thing for flubbie fans because I sat in front of a row of them last year for all 3 flubbie games at the Cell and we matched on a couple of other games too.

Like it or not, demand is going up. We are the only major league team in Chicago with tickets left...

:reinsy
"And they called me crazy. I helped build the flubbies into national names by handing them the keys to the city. Now they have no more seats to sell and the overflow is mine ALL mine. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

:gallas
"We call it PUTS (putz) marketing - Picking Up The Scraps. We aren't to proud to take handouts and leftovers."

sas1974
03-09-2004, 08:30 AM
27 games here. I actually wanted to move up a couple of rows this year and I wasn't able to do it AND stay on the aisle. I figured there would be a BIG drop in demand, with no all-star game and a slow off season. My rep. said that even she was surprised with the number of people buying tickets this year.

Hangar18
03-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
My rep. said that even she was surprised with the number of people buying tickets this year.

Whose your rep? "Michelle" Kiley?

munchman33
03-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I believe the starting nine package is brilliant, and will cause many near sellouts. Most people bought the package for all three Sox-Flubs games, and most sox fans will choose the weekend series against Minnesota and K.C. to supplement those tickets.

sas1974
03-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Whose your rep? "Michelle" Kiley?

Funny! Well it looked worse typed than it sounded. She didn't mean it in a negative way: "I can't believe ANYONE would buy tickets to see THIS team." She meant it as though she expected some decline following the ASG and a slow off season.

Foulke You
03-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Anyone know what games are sold out already due to the Sox 9 package? I'm still mulling over getting the package. I believe today is the deadline to get your order in even though they have stopped taking online orders. I want to get tix for the Friday game against the Cubs and Opening Day but I won't place the order if I can't get those games, I'll just take my chances at the ticket window.

sas1974
03-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Anyone know what games are sold out already due to the Sox 9 package? I'm still mulling over getting the package. I believe today is the deadline to get your order in even though they have stopped taking online orders. I want to get tix for the Friday game against the Cubs and Opening Day but I won't place the order if I can't get those games, I'll just take my chances at the ticket window.

I would just call and find out.

basilesox
03-09-2004, 11:28 AM
I called yesterday and they said that they stopped taking orders on Friday. How can you still order? Do you have to go to the park?

By the way. I am just curious. If you buy Sox 9 you can get tix to all three cubs-sox games, but if you have a 27 game package you only get tickets to one or two. That really sucks for the 27 game package people.

Jerko
03-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by basilesox
I called yesterday and they said that they stopped taking orders on Friday. How can you still order? Do you have to go to the park?

By the way. I am just curious. If you buy Sox 9 you can get tix to all three cubs-sox games, but if you have a 27 game package you only get tickets to one or two. That really sucks for the 27 game package people.

Actually for the weekend 27 game package, you get the Saturday and Sunday Flub/Sox games automatically and get first choice of an upper deck seat for the Friday Flub/Sox game.

ewokpelts
03-09-2004, 11:30 AM

different discounts, better benefits, and i get the same seat for all my games...

voodoochile
03-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Actually for the weekend 27 game package, you get the Saturday and Sunday Flub/Sox games automatically and get first choice of an upper deck seat for the Friday Flub/Sox game.

Didn't they bump the weekend package to a full half season to force people to buy more games if they want the more popular package? Did that get changed back to 27?

ewokpelts
03-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Didn't they bump the weekend package to a full half season to force people to buy more games if they want the more popular package? Did that get changed back to 27?

You're thinking about the variable pricing "weekend games" . That number is of the TOTAL fri-sun games. My package is 27 games...26 sat/sun and one thursday game. No change at all.
Gene

Lip Man 1
03-09-2004, 12:28 PM
If the information on this thread is accurate, I'll be interested in seeing attendance figures for April / May with the Sox regardless of what their record is.

From the way it is sounding the organization should have absolutely no reason to come out this year and say the fans aren't 'supporting' the team and there should be absolutely no reason why good ole' Uncle Jerry doesn't 'allow' Williams to acquire players (and salary) in late July.

We'll see...

Lip

ewokpelts
03-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
If the information on this thread is accurate, I'll be interested in seeing attendance figures for April / May with the Sox regardless of what their record is.

From the way it is sounding the organization should have absolutely no reason to come out this year and say the fans aren't 'supporting' the team and there should be absolutely no reason why good ole' Uncle Jerry doesn't 'allow' Williams to acquire players (and salary) in late July.

We'll see...

Lip

most frequently bought tix with sox7/9 are opening day, flubs eries, and halff off nights...only one of those dates fall in april....
Gene

CubKilla
03-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
I believe the starting nine package is brilliant, and will cause many near sellouts.

Not. Winning baseball "will cause many near sellouts." I'm sure Gallas and Co. likes your line of thinking though.

basilesox
03-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Does anybody have information about whether Sox 9 is still available? The Sox Box Office stated that they had stopped selling them on Friday.

CubKilla
03-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Does anybody have information about whether Sox 9 is still available? The Sox Box Office stated that they had stopped selling them on Friday.

"Sox 9" plans were due 03/05. "Sox 9" is no longer available.

jabrch
03-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
"Sox 9" plans were due 03/05. "Sox 9" is no longer available.

I am shocked that they would turn anyone away...

CubKilla
03-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
I am shocked that they would turn anyone away...

As would I. I would think that the more 9 game packages sold the better. Maybe "Sox 9" will be revived after regular season tickets go on sale and will be given on a first come, best available basis.

BeerHandle
03-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by roofshot87
I went for the Hit and run package (27 games). The package includes two of the Yankees games and one Cubs-Sox.

going on my 4th year with Hit and Run (the old plan b)

voodoochile
03-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
As would I. I would think that the more 9 game packages sold the better. Maybe "Sox 9" will be revived after regular season tickets go on sale and will be given on a first come, best available basis.

Yes, I am sure that is the case as it was for the Sox 7. They merely aren't filling anymore before they go on sale to the general public. If they aren't sure they can meet demand, they should turn people away rather than try to sort out a mess later.

Look out, there are going to be a LOT of flubbie fans at the SS half of the crosstown series. I would bet dollars to donuts that they are a good part of the increased demand for this particular package.

ewokpelts
03-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yes, I am sure that is the case as it was for the Sox 7. They merely aren't filling anymore before they go on sale to the general public. If they aren't sure they can meet demand, they should turn people away rather than try to sort out a mess later.

Look out, there are going to be a LOT of flubbie fans at the SS half of the crosstown series. I would bet dollars to donuts that they are a good part of the increased demand for this particular package.

If that's the case, then they just bought 6 more games than needed......even if they dont go, that's more money the sox made.....better they fork it over to jerry for 9 games(and maybe go to them) than paya scalper(wrigley field premium?) for 3.
Gene

p.s. fax orders end tomorrow for sox 9

voodoochile
03-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
If that's the case, then they just bought 6 more games than needed......even if they dont go, that's more money the sox made.....better they fork it over to jerry for 9 games(and maybe go to them) than paya scalper(wrigley field premium?) for 3.
Gene

p.s. fax orders end tomorrow for sox 9

That is EXACTLY what they are thinking. They knew the flubbies were going to be sold out fast. They knew flubbie fans traveled en masse to see the Brewers last year. They figured they would have a captive audience and a chance to make more money. More power to them...

row18
03-09-2004, 07:23 PM
I got the hit&run 27 game plan ,hence the name "row18" right smack in the middle on the
1b side, i wanted to be on the aisle