PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 3/08/04 White Sox vs. As Thread


Mickster
03-08-2004, 01:43 PM
We get out first look at our opening day lineup sans Olivo.

Harris
Valentin
Thomas
Ordonez
Lee
Konerko
Crede
Rowand
Alomar

SP: Wright

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 01:49 PM
If Wright is in the opening day starting Lineup then I officially quit as a White Sox fan!

:D:

DrCrawdad
03-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Will this game be broadcast on ESPN AM 1000?

CHISOXFAN13
03-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Will this game be broadcast on ESPN AM 1000?

Yes, I believe it will be!

DrCrawdad
03-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Will this game be broadcast on ESPN AM 1000?

:hawk
"IT IS!"

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Kielty homers. 1-0 A's.

No problem. No problem at all.

fledgedrallycap
03-08-2004, 02:09 PM
First pitch from Danny - You Can Put it on the Board.

SoxxoS
03-08-2004, 02:11 PM
I don't care how well Danny Wright pitches this spring, I don't want him in the rotation. He doesn't have the mental makeup to be a starter.

I never really saw the "stuff" to be a starter either.

Jerko
03-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Maybe he thinks Kielty is still on the Twins. He did bat around .800 against us the past few years.

Mickster
03-08-2004, 02:13 PM
[chant] Jose, Jose Jose Jose, Jose, Jose
Triple by Jose!

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Frank witht he sac fly to bring Jose home.

1-1. Go Go Sox!

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
Frank witht he sac fly to bring Jose home.

1-1. Go Go Sox!

You mean Ozzie didn't have him bunt?

fledgedrallycap
03-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Two Base-on-Balls in a row by Danny.

CHISOXFAN13
03-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Two Base-on-Balls in a row by Danny.

Some things never change. I can't take another year of Danny Wrong.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Sox-A's tied at 1, going into the bottom of the 2nd.

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Two Base-on-Balls in a row by Danny.

Maybe this is the consistancy they are looking for from him?

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 02:27 PM
He gets the double-play ball, so that's good. But we saw how much better this dude was in long relief last year. I think he's going back there.

Wright just got out of the inning...but I'm still elaning to Rauch on the #5 spot.

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
Wright just got out of the inning...but I'm still elaning to Rauch on the #5 spot.

Who are you looking at for the 4 spot?

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Who are you looking at for the 4 spot?


Oh. Right. Well, there is that too, isn't there.

Frater Perdurabo
03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Who are you looking at for the 4 spot?

Kip Wells

(Yes, I'm still smarting over the Todd Ritchie trade :angry: )

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
Oh. Right. Well, there is that too, isn't there.

That's what I'm hoping at least, if Schoenweisse is there and isn't DRASTICALLY improved then we'll be in trouble everytime that spot comes up!

Brian26
03-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Farmio doesn't like Arthur Rhodes as a closer.

Roon wants to see the hit and run w/ Rowand at the plate.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Kip Wells

(Yes, I'm still smarting over the Todd Ritchie trade :angry: )

197 innings last year, and a 3.27 ERA. I wouldn't mind seeing him back here.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Rowand singles up the middle. El Caballo scores.

2-1 Sox.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
That's what I'm hoping at least, if Schoenweisse is there and isn't DRASTICALLY improved then we'll be in trouble everytime that spot comes up!

You know, I'm actually not ready to give up on Scho just yet. He's a veteran and I think he'll come around. I don't think it's a mistake to give hima shot.

Lip Man 1
03-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Three base running blunders already this Spring. Maybe it's not the manager, maybe, just maybe, it's the fact that the Sox have some of the most stupid, brain dead baseball players around.

Just something to think about as well...just exactly what are these clowns being taught in the minor leagues?

Lip

Brian26
03-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Nice job, Willie.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Willie did good there. Took his time, worked the count, drove in the run.

3-1 Sox.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Willie with a stolen base, and he's making things happen on the base paths...Sox score on an error throw.

Hangar18
03-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
197 innings last year, and a 3.27 ERA. I wouldn't mind seeing him back here.

Dont forget, Kippy did this in the National League....not exactly
a talented league over there

rmusacch
03-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Who are you looking at for the 4 spot?

For some reason, the Sox brass thinks Schoeneweis will be the fourth starter. From what I have seen so far, I would hope that Rauch and Wright could claim the last two spots in the rotation.

CHISOXFAN13
03-08-2004, 03:11 PM
That Crede jersey I own is going to get a lot of use this year!!

rahulsekhar
03-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
For some reason, the Sox brass thinks Schoeneweis will be the fourth starter. From what I have seen so far, I would hope that Rauch and Wright could claim the last two spots in the rotation.

Supposedly that last outing he was primarily working on his new changeup. Now that could easily be an excuse, but I knowit's not uncommon for guys to use early ST games in that way, and often to get shelled doing so.

So the jury's still out.

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Supposedly that last outing he was primarily working on his new changeup. Now that could easily be an excuse, but I knowit's not uncommon for guys to use early ST games in that way, and often to get shelled doing so.

So the jury's still out.

The Jury Came back for me... I don't care about a change up, I wan't him to be able to get a Right hander out a large majority of the time... so far over his career he has proven that he can't. If the Change up is the answer to this then why is he just picking it up now? sounds like a last ditch effort by a very desperate man!

Brian26
03-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Valentin with a hit, which makes 8 for the Sox.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Ordonez singles in Valentin.

6-1 Sox.

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Looks like we aren't relying solely on the long ball this year... I LIKE THAT!

chisox06
03-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Shingo, walk then 2 pop outs still up in the air on this guy.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Dont forget, Kippy did this in the National League....not exactly
a talented league over there

Except for that Bonds guy.

Risk
03-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the updates...Keep em' coming.

Risk

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Dont forget, Kippy did this in the National League....not exactly
a talented league over there

Yeah it's been almost six months since they have won a World Series!

Rocky Soprano
03-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Yes thanks for the updates. I truly appreciate them.

rahulsekhar
03-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Anyone got Wright's final line? 1ER sounds nice, but it sounded more difficult than that (based on what was posted here).

Brian26
03-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Rooney joking about the high called strike. Wunsch does a nice job. 2 hits, no runs, 2 k's.
Mid 7th, Sox up 6-1.

Hangar18
03-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
That Crede jersey I own is going to get a lot of use this year!!

Right On :smile:

southsidegirl
03-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
That Crede jersey I own is going to get a lot of use this year!!

Joe is so freakin' cool. HEY! Is anyone here a member of Crede's Crew? I caught a glimpse of them at Soxfest.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Arnie Munoz is now for the 8th. Sox pitching line is tight today.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:12 PM
First Sox error of the game. Kelly the 1st baseman throws past Munoz the pitcher. Runners at the corners...one out.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Farmer thinks Texas will still stink this year. Rooney agrees.

sas1974
03-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Farmer thinks Texas will still stink this year. Rooney agrees.

Won't find too many arguments there.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Julio Ramirez and Gary Glover still left on the A's bench (which makes no sense). Not sure what Rooney is talking about.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Farmio think losing Hawkins will hurt the Twins more than Guardado.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Hawkins and Guardado jumping ship are equally bad for the Twins...especially since their bullpen has been their backbone the last two years.

Bad for them. Good for us.

Randar68
03-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Farmio think losing Hawkins will hurt the Twins more than Guardado.

I think losing both means they're in serious trouble. Who on that staff goes deep outside of Radke???

sas1974
03-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Any updates?

santo=dorf
03-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Julio Ramirez and Gary Glover still left on the A's bench.

What? I thought Glover was a scrub.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I think losing both means they're in serious trouble. Who on that staff goes deep outside of Radke???

Lohse posted 201 innings last year. Radke posted 212. The next after that is Santana with 158.

Compare that to the White Sox: Loaiza had 226, Buehrle had 230, and Garland ate 191.

And we have a better bullpen too!

lowesox
03-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
For some reason, the Sox brass thinks Schoeneweis will be the fourth starter. From what I have seen so far, I would hope that Rauch and Wright could claim the last two spots in the rotation.

I personally would like to see Rauch and Grilli/Cotts.

rahulsekhar
03-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
Lohse posted 201 innings last year. Radke posted 212. The next after that is Santana with 158.

Compare that to the White Sox: Loaiza had 226, Buehrle had 230, and Garland ate 191.

And we have a better bullpen too!

Remember - Johan spent about half the year in the 'pen, I think he's a good bet to go deep in games and win a ton (I think he's their ace).

(Of course, I'm biased since I drafted him to my fantasy team.)

rmusacch
03-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
What? I thought Glover was a scrub.

He is and Ramirez is with the Dbacks.

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Remember - Johan spent about half the year in the 'pen, I think he's a good bet to go deep in games and win a ton (I think he's their ace).

(Of course, I'm biased since I drafted him to my fantasy team.)

I've had him on my team the past two seasons... If this guy hits 200 innings then I would Imagine that he'll have well north of 200K's I know we can't hit him!

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:34 PM
The A's have loaded the bases with nobody out on two walks and a hit/error.

Sox up 6-1 and Gary Majewski is pitching.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Poor defense by the Sox second baseman. 6-2, Sox. Bases loaded. Coop to the mound.

sas1974
03-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Poor defense by the Sox second baseman. 6-2, Sox. Bases loaded. Coop to the mound.

Was it Willie?

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Another hit.

6-3 Sox.

Bases still loaded. Guillen comes to the mound for a change.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Was it Willie?

No. Some minor leaguer.

Base hti by the A's. run scores.

6-3 Sox. Bases loaded and nobody out. New pitcher, but nobody knows who he is.

sas1974
03-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
No. Some minor leaguer.

Base hti by the A's. run scores.

6-3 Sox. Bases loaded and nobody out. New pitcher, but nobody knows who he is.

Well that's a silver lining at least. Thanks for the updates!!

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Base hit to right.

6-4 Sox.

Bases STILL loaded.

Nobody STILL out.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Base hit. Two runs score. 6-5 Sox. Two on. Nobody out.

Crapola.

PaleHoseRon
03-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Who's on the hill?

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Wait a minute. 6-4 Sox. I thought two scored. My fault.

You do the updates. I'm a little slow.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Ok, 6-5.

Guy just got plunked...so the bases are loaded.

1 out.

sas1974
03-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Ok, 6-5.

Guy just got plunked...so the bases are loaded.

1 out.

Who's on the bump?

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Who's pitching through all of this?

ChiSox7
03-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Who's pitching through all of this?

Some scrub. first it was Majewski, who walked two. NOw its some guy that nobody even knows about.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:48 PM
WOW.

The 3rd baseman bobbled the ball, but still got it home to get the force out. Score it 5-2.

2 outs, bases still loaded, 6-5 Sox.

Ebert is the pitcher.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:48 PM
A's down to their last bullet.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Just outside, 2-2 count.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Ground ball...they get the out at home.

BAses loaded. Two out. 6-5 Sox.

The pitcher's name, I believe, is Ebert.

(not going to do a thumbs down joke)

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Foul ball off to the left. Still 2-2.

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
HE GONE! Sox win! 6-5

Brian26
03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
9th inning ended up being close to 30 minutes long.

southsidegirl
03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
:winner

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
WOO HOO!!!

Go Sox!

6-5. Sox are 4-1 in the Spring.

I shall celebrate with Chinese food.

Baby Fisk
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
WHEW! I can finally go home! :) :gulp:

Tekijawa
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Foul ball off to the left. Still 2-2.
Please no fan interference! Please no fan interference! Please no fan interference!

Risk
03-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Who were the mopes that nearly tanked a 6-1 lead?

Risk

Hangar18
03-08-2004, 04:55 PM
man.... that was ugly

Jjav829
03-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Risk
Who were the mopes that nearly tanked a 6-1 lead?

Risk

You kinda answered your own question there. Mopes. No one was out there that has any real shot of making the team as far as I know. Not sure of everyone that was playing but of the names I heard, none of them were guys who had any shot of making the team. Someone who heard more might be able to tell you more though.

MisterB
03-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Some scrub. first it was Majewski, who walked two. NOw its some guy that nobody even knows about.

More accurate than you think. It was Derrin Ebert, who pitched for 3 different AAA teams last year, including the Iowa sCrUBS.

HawkDJ
03-08-2004, 10:12 PM
What's with all the negativity towards Wright already? 3 innings, 1 hit, 2 walks,1 run. Could be worse (see Schoeneweis)...

Koch, Politte, Takatsu also had solid 1 innings.