PDA

View Full Version : The stupidity of Cubs fans

Iwritecode
03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
They have reached a new low. A friend of mine (who also happens to be a Cubs fan) told me this story the other day.

He was talking to a guy at work and the conversation got around to how they thought the Cubs would do this year. The guy actually said that he hopes the Cubs will lose this year because he's upset that he can't go to the game and get good seats anymore!!!

And they wonder why they get the reputation they do...

DrCrawdad
03-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Should this be a permanent thread?

Iwritecode
03-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

LOL, I'm sure many people could contribute a story or three...

We would definitely have to include the picture of the Cubs "fan" wearing his "Woods" jersey.

depy48
03-08-2004, 03:28 PM
i wonder what kind of outrage a cubs fan would have if wrigley stopped selling oldstyle

Hangar18
03-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

He was talking to a guy at work and the conversation got around to how they thought the Cubs would do this year. The guy actually said that he hopes the Cubs will lose this year because he's upset that he can't go to the game and get good seats anymore!!!

And they wonder why they get the reputation they do...

the flub fan brings up a good point. Im sure there are the 2,000
or so "regular" buffoons who watch them day in and day out, but the other 36,000 Bandwagoners and Coattail riders are all new to the concept. The Cubtacular media coverage has surely resulted in tickets being sold quicker than they ever have (hear that Jerry? Spend $$$ = More Fans = More $$$) I dont necessarily have a problem with that guys plight right now

Jerko
03-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
the flub fan brings up a good point. Im sure there are the 2,000
or so "regular" buffoons who watch them day in and day out, but the other 36,000 Bandwagoners and Coattail riders are all new to the concept. The Cubtacular media coverage has surely resulted in tickets being sold quicker than they ever have (hear that Jerry? Spend $$$ = More Fans = More $$$) I dont necessarily have a problem with that guys plight right now

Hawk fans used to wish for that too; looks like they got what they asked for!

faneidde
03-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Of course Cub fans are stupid, they think Greg Maddux is still in his prime.

SoxFan76
03-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Greg Maddux is a god! He is guaranteed atleast 75 wins this year. Not to mention the 356 games Prior will win and the 670 wins Wood will have this year. Even their 4 and 5 starters will go a combined 100-0 this year. The Cubs are a lock for the World Series.

PS, do I really need to take the time to make this teal? Don't think that is neccesary.

Blueprint1
03-08-2004, 09:05 PM
It woudnt suprise me if alot of cubs fans think game 8 of the NLCS is just around the corner.

voodoochile
03-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Not to be bothersome, but I have seen posters on this very forum bemoan the popularity of the Sox in 2000 and 2001 because it hurt their ability to walk up and buy good seats.

There are morons in every group, and I can understand some flubbie fans being ticked that the season is basically sold out already because you know that a bunch of those tickets went to scalpers and wannabes...

whitesoxwilkes
03-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by depy48
i wonder what kind of outrage a cubs fan would have if wrigley stopped selling oldstyle

I'd be upset. That's the only reason I go to Wrigley.

Railsplitter
03-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Shouldn't we all refer to Cub-dumb instead of Cubdom?

Railsplitter
03-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by depy48

I wobder which is more pissy. Old Style or Bud?

npdempse
03-09-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
I wobder which is more pissy. Old Style or Bud?

Old Style. It lacks the green apple flavor of acetylaldehyde that Bud possesses, which, BTW, gives a lot of folks (myself included) seriously nasty hangovers.

ShoelessFred
03-09-2004, 05:41 AM
true, but milwaukee's best (a.k.a. THE BEAST) tops EVERYTHING!!!

Fisk Fan
03-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
true, but milwaukee's best (a.k.a. THE BEAST) tops EVERYTHING!!!

The Beast got me through college..........

Sad
03-09-2004, 08:44 AM
yeah- leave Old Style alone :gulp:
to each their own :cool:

I switched cus Im trying to watch carbs :(:
and it sure isn't "Great Taste" like they promote...

voodoochile
03-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Old Style used to be a decent beer back in the 70's and early 80's when it was 35% of all beers sold in Chicago - because it was ALWAYS fresh. Now it's just another bad beer...

kittle42
03-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Sad
yeah- leave Old Style alone :gulp:
to each their own :cool:

I switched cus Im trying to watch carbs :(:
and it sure isn't "Great Taste" like they promote...

Here's a little-known fact about beer. I don't care how many carbs a beer claims to have (and believe me - the difference between Miller Lite or even Michelob Ultra and regular beers is fairly negligible), if you want to lose weight, don't drink.

Iwritecode
03-09-2004, 11:18 AM
the flub fan brings up a good point. Im sure there are the 2,000 or so "regular" buffoons who watch them day in and day out, but the other 36,000 Bandwagoners and Coattail riders are all new to the concept. The Cubtacular media coverage has surely resulted in tickets being sold quicker than they ever have (hear that Jerry? Spend $$$ = More Fans = More $$$) I dont necessarily have a problem with that guys plight right now

Originally posted by voodoochile
Not to be bothersome, but I have seen posters on this very forum bemoan the popularity of the Sox in 2000 and 2001 because it hurt their ability to walk up and buy good seats.

There are morons in every group, and I can understand some flubbie fans being ticked that the season is basically sold out already because you know that a bunch of those tickets went to scalpers and wannabes...

OK, I can understand being a little upset because it's harder to get tickets than it used to be... But to actively want your team to lose because of it? IMO, that's just wrong.

Back in the Jordan era when the Bulls were selling out every game, (hell they still are aren't they?) I don't remember anyone wishing for the Bulls to lose so they could get tickets.

I've never heard any Yankee fans wanting to trade in there 26? Championships for a better seat.

I'd much rather watch the Sox win a WS from my couch than go and watch them personally lose 100 times a year.

Hangar18
03-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Cub Fan Yesterday on me telling him their poster boy
was on steroids for a number of seasons "how is it bad
for baseball if he made things more exciting?"
I had no idea where to begin discussing how wrong that statement was, I laughed at him, shook my head and told him
hes another reason I hate cub fans.

Kilroy
03-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Hell No.

There's way too much Cub talk around here to begin with.

johnny174
03-09-2004, 03:28 PM
I had no idea where to begin discussing how wrong that statement was, I laughed at him, shook my head and told him
hes another reason I hate cub fans.

i had the same feeling when this dude i know said he was from dolton but was a cubs fan because "he's smart enough to be". i couldn't begin to argue with that kind of a statement.

i agree that sox fans need to be known for more than just bashing the cubs fans, but it is impossible for us to not be astounded at their stupidity and how it increases exponentially the longer they are on the bandwagon. the disease brings circular reasoning with it.

CubKilla
03-09-2004, 03:31 PM

I wonder if this idiot would say the same thing about struggling former stars corking their baseball bats.

jabrch
03-09-2004, 04:27 PM
All I can say is that I wish I had their team's problems this year - and looking forward.

Railsplitter
03-10-2004, 10:35 AM
To answer that question about "making it more exciting," I would ask at what price? You can build all the muscles you want, through either weight training or steriods, but your tendons and ligaments will still stay the same size. Everntually, the muscles can become so big the start tearing the ligaments and tendons. No to mention steriod effects on the reproductive organs.

MarkPloch
03-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
Here's a little-known fact about beer. I don't care how many carbs a beer claims to have (and believe me - the difference between Miller Lite or even Michelob Ultra and regular beers is fairly negligible), if you want to lose weight, don't drink.

People who drink beer don't worry about carbs. Only sissys do.

I am starting to wonder if there are any real people out there anymore.

voodoochile
03-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
To answer that question about "making it more exciting," I would ask at what price? You can build all the muscles you want, through either weight training or steriods, but your tendons and ligaments will still stay the same size. Everntually, the muscles can become so big the start tearing the ligaments and tendons. No to mention steriod effects on the reproductive organs.

Happened to both my best friend and his father. My friend actually broke his arm in HS making a throw because the bones weren't strong enough to handle the power the muscles generated and he wasn't even using steroids.

A few years ago his father was eating dinner, picked up a fork and "sproing" a tendon snapped in his forearm. He had to have surgery to repair it.

Neither of these people used steroids or is a real big guy they just work out a lot.

longshot7
03-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by MarkPloch
People who drink beer don't worry about carbs. Only sissys do.

I am starting to wonder if there are any real people out there anymore.

yeah, real fat people.

voodoochile
03-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by longshot7
yeah, real fat people.

Carbs have little to do with whether beer makes you fat. Beer has a triple negative effect on you system:

1)It is high calorie. 6 Miller Lites have as many calories as an average lunch or a nice sized bowl of ice cream

2) Alcohol makes you hungry (Munchies anyone?)]

3) Alcohol is a Central Nervous System Depressant which also acts to slow down your metabolism - thus causing you to burn calores at a slower rate.

You drink as little as a six-pack of beer a week, you can lose 10-15 pounds over the next month JUST by cutting out the booze.

Besides, Alcohol is a complex sugar (IIRC) which breaks down into regular sugar when digested. Beer IS carbohydrates, regardless of how many are actually in the beer when you drink it...

chisoxmike
03-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I have a friend who is a Cubs fan... no big deal, many of my friends like the Cubs for some reason.

BUT, this person has grew up ON THE SOUTH SIDE and grew up a Cubs fan.... therefore she thinks that the Cubs are the south side chicago team, and the sox (who one of her friends grew up of the north side and is a sox fan) the north side team!!

I know!

Breath, Breath again....

I want to bash my head against a wall whenever I talk about the Cubs and Sox with her. I've pulled out maps and showed her national articles about the Sox and Cubs refering to the teams respective locations, and still NOTHING!!!!!!!