PDA

View Full Version : Will any baseball player have the guts?

Jerko
03-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Well, an NBA player took a drug test on his own to clear his name:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1753682[/URL]

faneidde
03-08-2004, 03:43 PM
I guarantee you someone will do it. All that needs to happen is for someone who isn't using to get accused in my opinion. The evidence points towards Bonds and Sheffield and Sammy as well. I think the first time the media accuses a clean player of using, he'll tell the union to stick it and take the test.

Hangar18
03-08-2004, 03:45 PM
The union wont let them. which makes what the WhiteSox
ALMOST did last spring even more amazing (and unheralded)
when they 'refused' to take their steroid test.

Frater Perdurabo
03-08-2004, 03:51 PM
*** can the union do to a player who takes a test? Kick him out of the union? Have him sent to prison? Eat his first-born child? *****.

rahulsekhar
03-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

What happens if someone does. I mean I'd bet the NBAPA wouldn't have "allowed" Damon to take the test, but he did it without asking.

If the union actually sanctioned them, wouldn't that make for great publicity - "Clean player takes test to prove it, kicked out of union in response. Union claims they are against testing on grounds that 'even if the player agrees, it's still a violation of privacy'".

Frater Perdurabo
03-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
If the union actually sanctioned them, wouldn't that make for great publicity - "Clean player takes test to prove it, kicked out of union in response. Union claims they are against testing on grounds that 'even if the player agrees, it's still a violation of privacy'".

I'd love to see that one on the evening news. :)

sas1974
03-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

I think that was one of the few times that they actually acted like a team. I thought it was a great move.