PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Outlook


PINWHEELS
03-08-2004, 11:55 AM
MLB.COM Takes a look at our palehose today!

ewokpelts
03-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
MLB.COM Takes a look at our palehose today!

Mebbe it's better than the Cubs' outlook?
Gene

sas1974
03-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
MLB.COM Takes a look at our palehose today!

I saw that and it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture, which may not be the worst thing in the world.

This squad is going to have to go out there and earn the respect of the league this season. I think being underdogs motivates them.

PINWHEELS
03-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I saw that and it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture, which may not be the worst thing in the world.

This squad is going to have to go out there and earn the respect of the league this season. I think being underdogs motivates them. I Agree, The last 3 years We have had high expectations going into the season only to be disappointed! This year will be what ever happens well happens. But I do think we will be surprised how well they will play!

fledgedrallycap
03-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Pretty fair IMHO.

batmanZoSo
03-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I saw that and it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture, which may not be the worst thing in the world.

This squad is going to have to go out there and earn the respect of the league this season. I think being underdogs motivates them.

We've never done well when the expectations were high.

If you look at our history, every time we won anything it was unexpected.

PINWHEELS
03-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
We've never done well when the expectations were high.

If you look at our history, every time we won anything it was unexpected. The only year I remember that they lived up to expectations was In 1994. And look at what happened then! :whiner:

Iwritecode
03-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Interesting they didn't view CF as being a hole this year.


Really sitting and looking at the numbers they listed from last year, I'm still amazed that they couldn't find a way to win the division.

If someone would have told me at the beginning of last season that Thomas, Maggs and Lee would all hit 30 homeruns and 100 RBIS each and that Loaiza would win 21 games and the team would set a franchise record for home-runs, I would have almost guaranteed a division title...

I guess I wouldn't have believed it if someone would have told me that Konerko and Koch would fall of the face of the planet and they'd lose 2 games to the Tigers by a score of 1 - 0 either...

sas1974
03-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Interesting they didn't view CF as being a hole this year.


Really sitting and looking at the numbers they listed from last year, I'm still amazed that they couldn't find a way to win the division.

If someone would have told me at the beginning of last season that Thomas, Maggs and Lee would all hit 30 homeruns and 100 RBIS each and that Loaiza would win 21 games and the team would set a franchise record for home-runs, I would have almost guaranteed a division title...

I guess I wouldn't have believed it if someone would have told me that Konerko and Koch would fall of the face of the planet and they'd lose 2 games to the Tigers by a score of 1 - 0 either...

And let's not forget how well they did against the mighty Devil Rays.