PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice....

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 12:20 AM
...That the Cubs TIED both of their split-squad games today?

4-4 against Kansas City
6-6 against San Francisco

I seem to recall the Sox went into the tenth to finish the job on Friday. But the Cubs called off both of their games after nine.

I know it's only Spring Training...but come on. If the point of spring is to prepare yourselves for real-game situations in the coming season, why skimp on the innings?

Maybe I'm the idiot here. I don't know. But is calling off games after nine in the spring a standard practice, or is this a Cubs thing?

soxnut
03-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
...That the Cubs TIED both of their split-squad games today?

4-4 against Kansas City
6-6 against San Francisco

I seem to recall the Sox went into the tenth to finish the job on Friday. But the Cubs called off both of their games after nine.

I know it's only Spring Training...but come on. If the point of spring is to prepare yourselves for real-game situations in the coming season, why skimp on the innings?

Maybe I'm the idiot here. I don't know. But is calling off games after nine in the spring a standard practice, or is this a Cubs thing?

What's the difference?.......................They're going to the World Series anyway!!!!!

WhiteSox = Life
03-08-2004, 12:26 AM
A bit of an odd occurrence, I suppose, but it's really impertinent to notice.

The_Floridian
03-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Is impertinent bad?

WhiteSox = Life
03-09-2004, 01:32 AM
No, impertinent isn't bad, necessarily. It's not bad in this case, either. It's merely a strange happening that's kind of interesting, but nothing more, nothing less, IMO.

Sorry 'bout the delay. I had a full day... Which, of course, to everybody, is of little to no value, anyway. But hey, I can live with it!

:smile: