PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Promotions - Road trip anyone?

ewokpelts
03-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Theis is from tiger's promo sched:

The Tigers will also celebrate the Negro Leagues with the annual Negro League Game on Saturday, July 31 when the Tigers will take the field in Detroit Stars uniforms against the Chicago White Sox, who will don the uniforms of the Chicago American Giants. There will also be a pre-game autograph session and an on-field ceremony honoring local Negro League players.

Gene

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/det/schedule/promotions.jsp

HomeFish
03-07-2004, 12:22 PM
The 2004 White Sox do NOT deserve to be associated with the American Giants. That team actually won a significant number of championships, iirc.

ewokpelts
03-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
The 2004 White Sox do NOT deserve to be associated with the American Giants. That team actually won a significant number of championships, iirc.

But Unlike Barry Bonds, the Sox and Tigers respect and pay homage to the Negro Leagues.
Gene

TornLabrum
03-07-2004, 01:06 PM
That just happens to be the weekend that the Windy City Sox Fans will be taking it's annual road trip to Detroit. Another reason to try to convince my wife that I really do need to go!

HomeFish
03-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
But Unlike Barry Bonds, the Sox and Tigers respect and pay homage to the Negro Leagues.
Gene

Are you refering to any specific quotes/actions by mentioning Barry Bonds?

Jjav829
03-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Aww damn, I thought this was going to be something about a Nate Cornejo bobblehead day. :D:

doublem23
03-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Aww damn, I thought this was going to be something about a Nate Cornejo bobblehead day. :D:

Or maybe a Bobby Higginson bobblehead day with his arms up so we can pour beer all over it.