PDA

View Full Version : Colon and the Angels

Jjav829
03-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Absolutely lit up today against Oakland, losing 26-3. Colon went only 2/3 of an inning walking two, giving up two hits and two runs. It will be interesting to see what happens with him this year. This certainly wasn't a good start for a guy who just signed a 4 year deal worth $51 million.

Oakland 26 Anaheim 3 (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/scores/20040306/anaoak)

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-06-2004, 08:34 PM
All I can say is that I love it.
We will see what happens.
:gulp:

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-06-2004, 08:43 PM
One part of me is loving it while I'm bashing my head on the desk because I drafted him in the keepers league.

duke of dorwood
03-06-2004, 08:45 PM
He's probably really fat about now.

Huisj
03-06-2004, 08:51 PM
remember everyone, it's march 6. nothing that happens now means much of anything at all.

it's not time yet to get too excited about colon sucking. it's not time yet to get too excited about the sox pitchers doing well it's not time yet to get down about the offense not scoring much. spring training just started. keep a level head, everyone.

Jjav829
03-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
remember everyone, it's march 6. nothing that happens now means much of anything at all.

it's not time yet to get too excited about colon sucking. it's not time yet to get too excited about the sox pitchers doing well it's not time yet to get down about the offense not scoring much. spring training just started. keep a level head, everyone.

I know, I'm not trying to suggest he'll be this bad. He may win 20 and have an ERA of 3. But it's a bad start for a guy with questions about his arm. I was going to say something like this in my first post because I knew someone would reply saying it's early. I just posted this because I felt it was worth noting.

mikef1331
03-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He's probably really fat about now.

I wouldn't doubt it. They have those In-N-Out burgers over there in Anaheim.

WinningUgly!
03-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I'm bashing my head on the desk because I drafted him in the keepers league.

That's what you get for stealing him from me! :)

PaulDrake
03-06-2004, 09:10 PM
I don't place too much stock in early spring training outings. That being said I've never been overly impressed with Colon. With his motion and ever expanding waistline he seems like an injury waiting to happen. I think the Angels overpaid, but we'll just have to wait and see. I don't think the Sox had a chance to sign him, I'm of the opinion that he wanted out.

ode to veeck
03-06-2004, 10:28 PM
They have those In-N-Out burgers over there in Anaheim

Best fast food burgers in the country, try the double double, they only take cash

RKMeibalane
03-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Good. He's getting exactly what he deserved for turning his back on the Sox.

StepsInSC
03-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Since when does spring training count in fantasy baseball?

I wouldn't put much stock into it.

ChiSox14305635
03-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He's probably really fat about now. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040302/capt.azpc10403022148.angels_spring_azpc104.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040303/capt.may10403032026.angels_spring_may104.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040226/capt.ny16502262001.angels_colon_ny165.jpg

Bartolo's workout partner must be Krispy Kreme.

Lip Man 1
03-06-2004, 11:20 PM
RK says: "Good he's getting exactly what he deserves for turning his back on the White Sox..."

I assume that was supposed to be in teal right?

Let see.... the Sox offer 3 years, 36 million with who knows how much deferred plus incentives.

The Angels offered 4 years 48 million guaranteed money. And then went out and put together a club that has a much better chance of getting to the World Series then the Sox.

Duhhhh...how could he be so ungrateful!

Lip

WinningUgly!
03-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
RK says: "Good he's getting exactly what he deserves for turning his back on the White Sox..."

Let see.... the Sox offer 3 years, 36 million with who knows how much deferred plus incentives.

The Angels offered 4 years 48 million guaranteed money. And then went out and put together a club that has a much better chance of getting to the World Series then the Sox.

Lip

I have to agree with Lip on this one...
Colon didn't turn his back on anyone. He got a much better offer, more guaranteed money, more years & from a team that seems to be a hell of a lot more committed to winning. I was happy with the offer the Sox made to him, because when you factor in Colon's physical condition & potential for injury, it was all that was worth risking/investing on him.

He got a better deal & took it. Big deal! See ya Bart.

GOC
03-07-2004, 01:30 AM
I like Bartolo and I wish him well . I would've taken the angels offer too .

He did look like he got even bigger though .
$51 million buys a lot of cheesburgers I guess .

depy48
03-07-2004, 01:38 AM
i'm not going to wish any badluck on bartolo. i jumped on his bandwagon when he signed with the sox. i think he's a great pitcher, and i wish signed with the sox. but what can you do now? yeah i'm upset he's gone... i do wish him the best of luck on every start, excpet for those starts against the whitesox. but if he fails to pitch well, then maybe the sox got lucky. (wait a sec, do the sox have luck?)

gosox41
03-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Absolutely lit up today against Oakland, losing 26-3. Colon went only 2/3 of an inning walking two, giving up two hits and two runs. It will be interesting to see what happens with him this year. This certainly wasn't a good start for a guy who just signed a 4 year deal worth $51 million.

Oakland 26 Anaheim 3 (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/scores/20040306/anaoak)

It's only ST, though, as I said before I don't think Colon is going to be a neffective pitcher by the nend of 2005 or early 2006.

Bob

Jjav829
03-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
It's only ST, though, as I said before I don't think Colon is going to be a neffective pitcher by the nend of 2005 or early 2006.

Bob

Originally posted by Jjav829
I know, I'm not trying to suggest he'll be this bad. He may win 20 and have an ERA of 3. But it's a bad start for a guy with questions about his arm. I was going to say something like this in my first post because I knew someone would reply saying it's early. I just posted this because I felt it was worth noting.

sas1974
03-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

I agree he didn't "turn his back" on us. He did what most people would do and took the better offer. I am still not sure he's worth what he got though.

I am not sure about them having a better chance to getting to the world series though. Last time I checked, Oakland and Seattle are still in the AL West. His chances of even making the playoffs are actually worse, let alone the world series.

oldcomiskey
03-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
That's what you get for stealing him from me! :)

Hey WinningUgly I need that pic on a T shirt--lets start a Hawk for Prez campaign right here--Id pay money to see that on the front of a cap or a shirt

Lip Man 1
03-07-2004, 01:30 PM
For what it's worth The Sporting News this week says the Angels say he came to camp 10 pounds overweight. They don't think it's a big deal and that he'll drop it by opening day.

Lip

WinningUgly!
03-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
Hey WinningUgly I need that pic on a T shirt--lets start a Hawk for Prez campaign right here--Id pay money to see that on the front of a cap or a shirt

I'll be out campaigning for Hawkaroo at every Sox game I go to this year. Look for the large annoying signs. :D: