PDA

View Full Version : lineup for this season?

whitesox30
03-06-2004, 10:28 AM
i was just wondering what your lineup would be...here is mine and tell me if you agree with it...

Willie Harris 2b if he can hit about 260-270 range and hit 5-10 homers and steal about 30 bases he will be a good addition to this offense

Carlos Lee hit very well in the second hole last year so i expect good things from him

Frank Thomas Hits well in the third position

Magglio ordonez enough said

Paul Konerko i expect him to bounce back but am a little shaky thinking about it

Jose Valentin Good hitter from the left side sparkplug of this team

Joe Crede very good hitter starting to get into his prime

Aaron Rowand shouldnt be to bad

Miguel Olivo needs to step up his offense this year his defense was very good last year...nobody could run on him

doublem23
03-06-2004, 10:38 AM
I have no idea who's going to lead off for this team if Harris doesn't pan out. Uribe? Neither of these guys strike me as being very reliable. Hopefully KW is still working on getting a lead-off man/second baseman or centerfielder, but I doubt it.

:reinsy
We already have to bump beer prices up another buck and half just to make up for the few million we went over budget.

guillen4life13
03-06-2004, 10:41 AM
WeeWillie
Rowand/whoever ends up playing CF
Hurt
Maggs
Caballo
Konehead
Joe-C
Manos/Uribe (Valentin vs. RHP's, Uribe vs. LHP's)
The Gun (the new nickname I've given Miggy).

RKMeibalane
03-06-2004, 11:49 AM
2B- Harris
LF- Lee
1B- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
DH- Konerko
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede
CF- Rowand
C- Olivo

nodiggity59
03-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I have no idea who's going to lead off for this team if Harris doesn't pan out. Uribe? Neither of these guys strike me as being very reliable. Hopefully KW is still working on getting a lead-off man/second baseman or centerfielder, but I doubt it.

:reinsy
We already have to bump beer prices up another buck and half just to make up for the few million we went over budget.

Let's not forget that Alomar only hit in the .250s last year for us. His OBP was more impressive, but I still think Willie has more than a decent chance to match those pedestrian numbers.

doublem23
03-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
Let's not forget that Alomar only hit in the .250s last year for us. His OBP was more impressive, but I still think Willie has more than a decent chance to match those pedestrian numbers.

Alomar's OBP with the Sox was .333. Harris has a career OBP of .255. Granted that is based on roughly 350 career plate appearances over 3 seasons. Can Harris do it? Probably, but whether or not he will leave me with questions.