PDA

View Full Version : Young gUNS

StockdaleForVeep
03-06-2004, 03:35 AM
Todays SS game seemed to finally show some promise with our young staffers, aka young guns, maybe garland will show he can finally shake that cub taint he got from bein drafted

WSox8404
03-06-2004, 11:12 AM
It seems that Garland had a real strong outing. Hopefully he can build on this first outing and continue on his quest for at least 15 wins this regular season.

guillen4life13
03-06-2004, 11:54 AM
^^Yeah, but don't get your hopes up.

Dub25
03-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Remember, it was a SS. Lots of minor leagers.

DrCrawdad
03-06-2004, 01:23 PM
To me it's funny that when people review the Cubbies pitching staph they assume that they'll all do as good or better than last season. However when it comes to the Sox these critics they assume that the Sox pitchers will not do as well as previous and/or will do worse.

I would absolutely love it if the Sox pitchers just went out and absolutely kicked (butt) this season proving the critics wrong.

The Critic
03-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Garland's going to benefit more from being able to relax and not look for the quick hook from Ghandi anymore. Looks like Oz is gonna give the guys a chance to work their way out of trouble, and I like that.
I liked hearing that Esty, Mark, Jon and Dan Wright all had good outings. Big smile on my face, early or not.

fquaye149
03-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
shake that cub taint

at first i thought this was a mr. show reference

StockdaleForVeep
03-06-2004, 08:12 PM
I am a bit vexed tho, we only signed garland to a one year deal(how unusual for a sox pitcher) so could be one of the ill famed "career years" and then a bolting after that for gar gar? If so i want us playin in october

Huisj
03-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
However when it comes to the Sox these critics they assume that the Sox pitchers will not do as well as previous and/or will do worse.

i love how you worded that, whether you meant to or not. doing not as well and doing worse are pretty much the same thing, so the and/or statement doesn't really need to be there, but somehow, it brilliantly sums up the way critics treat the sox, because they give them no chance of being good. the critics say they'll either do bad or they'll do bad. i love the pessimistic subtlety in the way you said that.

batmanZoSo
03-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
To me it's funny that when people review the Cubbies pitching staph they assume that they'll all do as good or better than last season. However when it comes to the Sox these critics they assume that the Sox pitchers will not do as well as previous and/or will do worse.

I would absolutely love it if the Sox pitchers just went out and absolutely kicked (butt) this season proving the critics wrong.

I know man. Since when are Zambrano and Clement hall of famers? Those two have as much chance at regressing as they do improving. Maddux is old, Priors hurt. Look out.

I'm tellin ya the cubs are gonna flop and the Sox are gonna surprise.