PDA

View Full Version : Individual player watch

lowesox
03-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Just thought I'd open up a thread where we could discuss minor developments on key players. So here are a few things I was thinking while noodling through the boxscore:

Takatsu: bad first outing, BS despite all other pitchers having impressive numbers against Rockies.
Koch: looks like he threw well
Interesting for the closer spot.

Wright's numbers looked really good. So did COtt's. These guys all took good first steps in the fight for the number 5 spot.

Reed had a hit and a stolen base. I think he might give Rowand a solid push this spring.

Gload had two hits and Guillen seems high on him. Looks good already for him to make the team.

Garland and Buerle had good first outings.

All in all, some very positive things have come out of the first two games.

pudge
03-06-2004, 01:44 AM
This is the epitomy of painful spring training threads.

:)

gosox41
03-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
Just thought I'd open up a thread where we could discuss minor developments on key players. So here are a few things I was thinking while noodling through the boxscore:

Takatsu: bad first outing, BS despite all other pitchers having impressive numbers against Rockies.
Koch: looks like he threw well
Interesting for the closer spot.

Wright's numbers looked really good. So did COtt's. These guys all took good first steps in the fight for the number 5 spot.

Reed had a hit and a stolen base. I think he might give Rowand a solid push this spring.

Gload had two hits and Guillen seems high on him. Looks good already for him to make the team.

Garland and Buerle had good first outings.

All in all, some very positive things have come out of the first two games.

It's early, Koch has plenty of time to revert to his 2003 self.

Bob

soxtalker
03-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
It's early, Koch has plenty of time to revert to his 2003 self.

Bob

Well, that's true for any player; this is way too early to make any real judgements. But for Koch the question is whether it looks like his speed is back up in the high 90's.

Mickster
03-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Well, that's true for any player; this is way too early to make any real judgements. But for Koch the question is whether it looks like his speed is back up in the high 90's.

It is clearly not. Rooney and Farmer indicated 2x that his velocity is around 91-93. Looks like the high 90's are a thing of the past......

Deadguy
03-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Mickster
It is clearly not. Rooney and Farmer indicated 2x that his velocity is around 91-93. Looks like the high 90's are a thing of the past......

Yeah, apparently his high 90s velocity is about as likely to return as Paris Hilton's virginity :whiner:

One more year of Koch, and he's off the books :cool:

guillen4life13
03-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
One more year of Koch, and he's off the books :cool:

So is Maggs. :whiner:

Borchard had better develop this year, because next year, he's going to be taking CF, and Reed will be in RF. Both of them need to show that they're for real.