PDA

View Full Version : This drives me crazy:

ChiSox14305635
03-05-2004, 08:25 PM
I know that we're not the most recognizable team in the majors. Hell, we barely get noticed in our own city. But one little things the media continue to do that drives me batty is listing articles, videos, & any other links with Sox in the name. The reason why is because 9 out of 10 times, the subject is usually the Red Sox, not the White Sox. It's tough as it is finding any White Sox news of any worth, but finding something that says "Sox" brings some optimism. Then it's quickly dashed as it's another article about Boston and their squad. I wish they would clarify which team they're talking about. 'Cause why most people automatically identify the Sox in Boston, there are still a few White Sox fans out there. List which team you're talking about in your articles and links so the few articles that are on the White Sox can be distinguished.

WSox8404
03-06-2004, 10:13 AM
I agree with you on this one.

JGarlandrules20
03-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I hate that too! I always have to put the "white" infront of sox when talking about baseball on other message boards and stuff. And when other people just say sox..it annoys me so much. I'm like: "Specify your sox!"

Grobber33
03-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JGarlandrules20
I hate that too! I always have to put the "white" infront of sox when talking about baseball on other message boards and stuff. And when other people just say sox..it annoys me so much. I'm like: "Specify your sox!"

In Chicago when I say SOX I am not talking about the Carmines. Mabey that East Coast bias is showing it's ugly head.
It sure did in the 2000 Playoffs when the Sox had the best record in the AL but were forced to play all day games against Seattle so the Networks to shmooze their NY Fans by showing the Yanks in Prime time. That was wrong. Now it's true the Yanks did win it all that year-but who knew for sure when the Post Season started?
As a Cub Fan(but a Chicagoan), I can say in that case the Sox were hosed.
But......around here, Sox means CWS, not Boston!!

Railsplitter
03-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Yeah, like when you go into a general baseball chat and a Boston fan thinks the Beantowners are the "real"ox. Never mind that the Boston team was called the Pilgrims when our team was first called the White Stockings

Railsplitter
03-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Yeah, like when you go into a general baseball chat and a Boston fan thinks the Beantowners are the "real"ox. Never mind that the Boston team was called the Pilgrims when our team was first called the White Stockings

Meant sox, not ox.