PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Mag 3/15: high Sox content

HawkDJ
03-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Just letting everyone know the newest ESPN the Magazine (3/15) has a few Sox articles in it. There's an article on Magglio Ordonez and other Venezuelan baseball players and their trip to the big leagues. Also, Dan Patrick's Outtakes is feautring Ozzie Guillen. (including a scary picture of Ozzie's face on Britney Spears' body)

DrCrawdad
03-05-2004, 06:39 PM
http://www.stu-man.com/90ud/286pasqua.jpg
"Did someone call for high Sox?"

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-05-2004, 10:46 PM
the article about maggs and mora is very interesting. also the outtakes with ozzie is great except that pic with the britney body. very scary

WSox8404
03-06-2004, 11:16 AM
I would love to hear a full interview between Ozzie and Dan. Classic radio there.

Mickster
03-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Dan Patrick: Who were your baseball idols growing up?
Ozzie Guillen: Like everybody else, my idol was Roberto Clemente. Oh, and Dave Concepcion.
DP: A fellow shortstop. He should be in the Hall of Fame, right?
OG: He should be. He needed to promote himself better.
DP: That's interesting. What advice will you give your White Sox players as far as handling the media?
OG: The media is not your enemy. They will help you and your career. Just tell the truth, even if they don't want to hear it.

DP: Should we take the designated hitter out of the game?
OG: They should keep it the way it is. If you take the designated hitter out of the American League, there are a lot of guys without a job.
DP: Don't you think that if all pitchers hit, it might change the way they pitch?
OG: Well, I do like when pitchers hit, because if they drill somebody on purpose, we have a chance to drill them back.

DP: Favorite singer.
OG: Ruben Blades.
DP: Would you like Janet Jackson to sing the national anthem for your home opener?
OG: I'd rather have Ruben Blades.
DP: Okay, Ozzie, now we know you're campaigning for president of the Ruben Blades fan club, but if you couldn't get him, would you like to have Janet.
OG: Why not? A lot of people would show for the game?
DP: They might leave right after the anthem.
OG: Their loss.

DP: Meanest person you ever met in baseball?
OG: Albert Belle. But he was more misunderstood than mean. Actually, he's one of my favorite players. He wasn't a hypocrite. I respect that.
DP: But he was mean.
OG: But he wanted to be good.
DP: Did you ever fear wearing number 13?
OG: No. That's the number of my hero, Concepcion. I don't believe in superstition.
DP: You don't believe in 13 in Venezuela?
OG: No, because whoever wears that number has a great career.

DP: Most overrated player. Who is the Britney Spears of baseball.
OG: I don't know. You know what? I want to be overrated like Britney Spears.
DP: That makes me feel funny, Ozzie.
OG: Me too.

ode to veeck
03-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Ozzie may be a rookie manager, but he's certainly the most entertaining guy on any Chicago bench since Leo Durocher, I like the added color he brings to the Sox media presence