PDA

View Full Version : still no promotions?


mike squires
03-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Tix go on sale in 8 days. Still no promotions announced?! I'm sure my pocket schedul will be in the box anyday. If someone does know promotions, could you please let me know of any bobblehead dates? Thanks.

anewman35
03-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Tix go on sale in 8 days. Still no promotions announced?! I'm sure my pocket schedul will be in the box anyday. If someone does know promotions, could you please let me know of any bobblehead dates? Thanks.

Farmer and Rooney have been listing a few (magnet schedules for that first weekend series against TB is the one I remember), I'll post if I hear any others.

mantis1212
03-05-2004, 04:49 PM
When's Elvis Niight??? I'd like to know by the 13th, they haven't announced that either?

ewokpelts
03-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Tix go on sale in 8 days. Still no promotions announced?! I'm sure my pocket schedul will be in the box anyday. If someone does know promotions, could you please let me know of any bobblehead dates? Thanks.

I got a list from my rep...some notable giveways
Oscar Gamble Bobblehead night May 28th
1/2 way to st paddy's day - green hats/green beer sep 17
Spider-Man 2 night - Fireworks and spiderman 2 promo items/trailer june 12
Gene

ChiSoxFann
03-05-2004, 06:04 PM
could you post all the promotions?

ewokpelts
03-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxFann
could you post all the promotions?

I was asked to keep it quiet. I figured a few dates wouldnt hurt.
Gene

npdempse
03-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
1/2 way to st paddy's day - green hats/green beer sep 17


This is BRILLIANT!
Did someone secretly replace Gallas with Folger's Crystals?

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
This is BRILLIANT!
Did someone secretly replace Gallas with Folger's Crystals?
I was also suprised that the white sox PR people would do something that smart! Of course, they make up for it for waiting FOREVER to post the promo schedule.

mike squires
03-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
I got a list from my rep...some notable giveways
Oscar Gamble Bobblehead night May 28th
1/2 way to st paddy's day - green hats/green beer sep 17
Spider-Man 2 night - Fireworks and spiderman 2 promo items/trailer june 12
Gene

Oscar Gamble??? That is a weird one? Any other bobles? Thanks for the info gene?

thepaulbowski
03-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Oscar Gamble??? That is a weird one? Any other bobles? Thanks for the info gene?


This is actually pretty smart, they are probably going with the whole retro them....big afro & all.

doublem23
03-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
This is BRILLIANT!
Did someone secretly replace Gallas with Folger's Crystals?

I totally agree. I'll be 21 by then, I'll have to make the trek. :D:

kingpin_rcs
03-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
This is BRILLIANT!
Did someone secretly replace Gallas with Folger's Crystals?


LOL!!!

mike squires
03-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
This is BRILLIANT!
Did someone secretly replace Gallas with Folger's Crystals?


:reinsy

Don't give him all the credit!!! I'm the one that thought of the idea to charge 15 bucks a beer. Brilliant.

JohnJeter
03-05-2004, 10:31 PM
NO head is gonna bobble like the Gamble head. Consider the physics.

mike squires
03-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
NO head is gonna bobble like the Gamble head. Consider the physics.

I could think of 100 other guys they could have done instead...Kittle, Baines, Aparicio, Guillen (i'm sure they'll hve one of those) Luzinski, Fox, Joe Jackson, Dick Allen, Joe Crede, Wilbur Wood...

But, you know I'll be waiting in line for the Gamble anyway..

Brian26
03-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
I could think of 100 other guys they could have done instead...Kittle, Baines, Aparicio, Guillen (i'm sure they'll hve one of those) Luzinski, Fox, Joe Jackson, Dick Allen, Joe Crede, Wilbur Wood...

But, you know I'll be waiting in line for the Gamble anyway..

There already is a Baines bobble out there. The Gamble one could be cool if it's in the '77 uni.

ewokpelts
03-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
There already is a Baines bobble out there. The Gamble one could be cool if it's in the '77 uni.

well...harold's is a st holder only....so a public giveaway would be cool...
Gene

ode to veeck
03-06-2004, 01:15 PM
actually a Bobble-Arm Wilbur Wood would be about the coolest thing could make it a collector's pair with a Hoyt Wilhelm Bobble Arm, both in Sox uniforms of their era of course


how about a Bobble Legged Josh Paul?

The Critic
03-06-2004, 01:34 PM
You could have a Bobble-Gut Greg Luzinski, or Bobble-Thighs Tim Raines.

Pocket schedules don't list promo dates, either, by the way.

bc2k
03-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
I was asked to keep it quiet. I figured a few dates wouldnt hurt.
Gene

Do you know why they want you to keep quiet? Is it because they want to rip off their own fans by making them buy games they already want and then buy more games if they want the promotions?

StillMissOzzie
03-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by mantis1212
When's Elvis Niight??? I'd like to know by the 13th, they haven't announced that either?

Looking at the schedule, I would guess Friday, Aug. 20, but I could be wrong...

SMO

ewokpelts
03-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Do you know why they want you to keep quiet? Is it because they want to rip off their own fans by making them buy games they already want and then buy more games if they want the promotions?

So he dosent lose his job.
Gene

ewokpelts
03-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Looking at the schedule, I would guess Friday, Aug. 20, but I could be wrong...

SMO

ozz,
I'll check what day it is. Rat pack day 's also back.
Gene

bc2k
03-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
So he dosent lose his job.
Gene

Okay, why do his superiors not want him to reveal that information?

ewokpelts
03-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Okay, why do his superiors not want him to reveal that information?
I think cuz I got this list in early Feb, and I'm sure the Team dosent want to have an incomplete list(with events not added or deleted) circulating the net. The list I got last year had a whole bunch of items that never made it to the final list(like baseball card night), and some promos were added(like rat pack night).
Gene

ode to veeck
03-06-2004, 06:12 PM
some promos were added(like rat pack night).

what a great promotion

ewokpelts
03-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
what a great promotion
And what's wrong with rat pack night? No worse than elvis night.
Gene