PDA

View Full Version : Cubs vs. Sox tickets NOT avaible on 3/13


chisoxmike
03-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Those tickets won't go on sale next Sat. when tickets go on sale.

Said to have too many full/split/ Sox-nine orders wanting those games. They will go on sale later in the season when all tickets are sent out.

Rocklive99
03-05-2004, 02:56 PM
From what I heard, they won't go on sale as individual tickets at all. Rooney said "After all is straightened out, the remaining tickets will go to full/split season ticket holders and Sox 9 customers."

anewman35
03-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
From what I heard, they won't go on sale as individual tickets at all. Rooney said "After all is straightened out, the remaining tickets will go to full/split season ticket holders and Sox 9 customers."

Then a minute later, he said "if tickets remain, the Sox will schedule a sale date at a later time".

chisoxmike
03-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Well, I got the 6/25 game on my Sox9, but planned to get one other game when tickets went on sale.
There are going to be a lot of PISSED off people next Saturday!

Doesn't the Sox9 offer end today?

CHISOXFAN13
03-05-2004, 02:59 PM
While I'm sure several people are disappointed, at least maybe this is a sign that the Sox fans will be the majority of the crowd this year. I hate having so many damn Cub fans around me that weekend.

anewman35
03-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
Well, I got the 6/25 game on my Sox9, but planned to get one other game when tickets went on sale.
There are going to be a lot of PISSED off people next Saturday!

Doesn't the Sox9 offer end today?

Well, the only people who are going to rush out and get tickets on Saturday will probably be big Sox fans, who will probably hear about this before then, or Cubs fans who want to see the games, and who cares about them?

If they really are only going to have a few tickets, it's probably better to do it this way, instead of not saying anything and having people be upset when they go really quick.

Jerry_Manuel
03-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Interesting. Should cut down on the internet rush.

kittle42
03-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Obviously, everyone should have ordered the Sox 9 . I haven't had to worry about Cubs/Sox tickets for the past few years because of that plan.

As for tickets at the Urinal....that's another story. And people on EBay are asking crazy prices for those right now.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-05-2004, 04:15 PM
That sucks. My dad never had problems getting tickets to one of the Cub games on the internet.
here's a little clip from a press release on monday from the white sox
The White Sox open the 2004 home season against the Central Division-rival Kansas City Royals on Tuesday, April 13 (1:05 p.m.). The annual crosstown classic against the Chicago Cubs takes place June 25-27 at U.S. Cellular Field. There will be a limit of six tickets per customer for each White Sox vs. Cubs game .
I guess it's a limit of ZERO unless you have some sort of ticket plan.
:whiner:

SoxFan78
03-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Im thinking that there will still be tickets available for the cubs/sox series. I think so because I cant imagine there are more orders for the Sox 9 series this year, then the sox 7 series last year. Ticket demand cant be as large as it was last year considering that last year the All Star game was at Comiskey. Add that in with the sox having a poor off season, raising ticket prices, im thinking demand is less.

Don't get me wrong, im sure the lower deck is already gone, and some of the upper deck, but I wouldnt be surprised if cubs/sox tickets go on sale at a later day.

This announcement really pisses me off though. It's telling people that if you dont buy 8-81 games up front, you have no chance to go to the game. Yeah, it keeps cub fans out, but what about sox fans that don't have that kind of money?

It sure seems like White Sox management keeps on screwing over the fans.

And dont forget that upper level ticket holders can't go down to the lower deck.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Don't forget that the sox also removed about 6,000 seats with the UD renovation.

oh...btw, THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!! they sweep both of the games today!!! :)

ChiSoxFann
03-05-2004, 04:57 PM
damn no garage sale either :angry:

The sox have a press release on their website saying due to the construction they will have it latere :angry:

npdempse
03-05-2004, 05:40 PM
They can't know the exact number of tickets available right now because, in addition to sorting out all the Sox 9 plans, season ticket holders have the option of buying additional tickets to the Cubs/Sox games. Once that deadline is passed, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce some availability.

anewman35
03-05-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm quite sure the Sox didn't plan this, and aren't doing it to screw over the fans or sell more Starting Nine ticket packages. If they'd planned it, that bit about Cubs tickets in the previous press release wouldn't have been there, and if they were doing it to sell the Starting Nine packages, they'd have promoted that fact long ago. They're probably just noticing that there aren't many tickets left, and want to save some for anybody buying last minute season ticket packages or something.

LauraJ14
03-05-2004, 09:38 PM
I have had a large group for the Saturday Sox/Cub game for the last couple of years and when I talked to my ticket rep, she told me I was not guaranteed tickets due to demand and 6,600 upper deck seats taken out. But good news, I got an email today notifying me that I got my tickets but I didn't get my first choice of sections. So my friends and co-workers will all be very nice to me to get those tickets!

santo=dorf
03-05-2004, 10:04 PM
:reinsy

"Don't you guys want to keep out the Cubbie trash and put more money in my pockets?

duke of dorwood
03-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Maybe testing that court approved in house ticket agency like on the North Side?

duke of dorwood
03-05-2004, 10:08 PM
:reinsy

Shhhhhhhhhhhh !

StillMissOzzie
03-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Well, that's a revoltin' development. The Sox 9 is out of reach at this time (cuz I need 4), so I was gonna stand in line at USCF to get Scrubs/Sox and Opening Day tix. With no Scrubs/Sox, I might as well just use the internet.

SMO
:angry:

Rex Hudler
03-05-2004, 11:56 PM
This announcement really pisses me off though. It's telling people that if you dont buy 8-81 games up front, you have no chance to go to the game.

It sure seems like White Sox management keeps on screwing over the fans.


I don't see it that way at all. They are simply rewarding those that make the greatest commitment to them. If you were a ST holder and you couldn't get extra tickets you would be ticked off. You would feel like they are taking a benefit away from you that you have earned because of the commitment you made.

There will likely be seats sold, but fewer than before. Whether they are doing it intentionally or not, it looks like the Sox are creating demand..... Hopefully Sox fans that can't get those games choose other games instead, or make the commitment to buy a ticket plan next year. Either way, less seats should help them sell more down the road and create more sellouts.

Blueprint1
03-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Wow i can't imagine if the sox sold more season ticket plans. You guys would be mad that you couldn't walk up and buy a weekend ticket at the gate. HEY GUYS, this happens to most teams with the popular games. The sox 9 allowed you to select all 3 cubs sox tickets. Thats what the majority of Sox 9 ticket buyers did. I am sorry that you can't walk up to the gate and buy the tickets but people who buy a 9 ticket pack should get the games that they want over the people who buy individual tickets. Just like season ticket holders should get first choice over everyone else. As a team the sox have to give some benefit to people who buy multiple tickets over those who only buy one game.

soxwon
03-06-2004, 12:51 PM
im glad theres no seats available, its a healthy sign, this is why the smart ones, buy a ticket package, it save you money and you get the best seats,
im sure there will be tix available for the games.

ewokpelts
03-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
im glad theres no seats available, its a healthy sign, this is why the smart ones, buy a ticket package, it save you money and you get the best seats,
im sure there will be tix available for the games.

I got bleachers for cubs/sox(all three games) last year around may. I just check tm everyday or so. At the start of the month, the sox release any unsold st seats(they sell plans until aug) for teh next month....if you plan right, you can buy primo seats for the big games at the box office. It also helps that I can use sox charge, and get the ticket agent to scan for tix PER SECTION, not best available. Another perk of being a st holder.
Gene

basilesox
03-08-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan78
Im thinking that there will still be tickets available for the cubs/sox series. I think so because I cant imagine there are more orders for the Sox 9 series this year, then the sox 7 series last year. Ticket demand cant be as large as it was last year considering that last year the All Star game was at Comiskey. Add that in with the sox having a poor off season, raising ticket prices, im thinking demand is less.

Don't get me wrong, im sure the lower deck is already gone, and some of the upper deck, but I wouldnt be surprised if cubs/sox tickets go on sale at a later day.

This announcement really pisses me off though. It's telling people that if you dont buy 8-81 games up front, you have no chance to go to the game. Yeah, it keeps cub fans out, but what about sox fans that don't have that kind of money?

It sure seems like White Sox management keeps on screwing over the fans.

And dont forget that upper level ticket holders can't go down to the lower deck.

Those last two sentences mirror my thoughts. What kind of organization screws their fans over like this. It is like a chef of the restaurant your eating at spitting in your food right in front of you. I wonder who makes these decisions in the front office.

Rex Hudler
03-08-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by basilesox
Those last two sentences mirror my thoughts. What kind of organization screws their fans over like this. It is like a chef of the restaurant your eating at spitting in your food right in front of you. I wonder who makes these decisions in the front office.

They are not screwing their fans at all. In fact, they are taking care of their most committed fans.

ewokpelts
03-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
They are not screwing their fans at all. In fact, they are taking care of their most committed fans.

While they could do a better job with other promo ideas, the starting nine's success( as well as letting st holders get mo tix) means that more sox fans got tix for the series. Last year, with so many brokers buying st plans for the all star game meant that they ordered extra tix as well. Which meant that more flub fans fot suckered into buying $50.00 udr tix. It's a mixed blessing. Take as you will.
Gene

StillMissOzzie
03-08-2004, 06:00 PM
I've got no problems with taking care of the most committed ticket buyers first. However, I think that it would have been nice to announce ahead of time that the only way you'd get one of the Sox/Scrubs games is through one of the ticket plans. Now, the Sox 9 deadline has passed before the website announcement that NO Sox/Scrubs will be available on 3/13.

And offering st holders the option to buy MORE Sox/Scrubs tickets just means that there will be more of them on eBay, NOT that there will be Sox fans in those seats.

Any st holder want to sell 4 for one of the Sox/Scrubs games at face value or somewhere in the vicinity?

SMO
:angry:

joecrede
03-08-2004, 06:15 PM
The 9-game plans including the Cubs series are still available accordind to the press release.


Any remaining tickets to the three games most likely will be sold as part of full or split season ticket plans or Starting Nine packages, which are still available. Sales of the new Starting Nine ticket plan have nearly doubled from last year, while U.S. Cellular Field's capacity has decreased by more than 6,600 seats because of the re-designed upper level and elimination of the ballpark's highest eight rows.