PDA

View Full Version : Negativity?

Iwritecode
03-05-2004, 01:37 PM
I've noticed that for the past week or so it has really decreased compared to what it was just a month ago.

Even I (who has had more than a few negative comments and thoughts this off-season) have started to get a little more excited and optimistic now that we're finally hearing some reports about who's doing what and how well.

It's really amazing what finally getting somes scores from live action baseball can do. Hopefully it will continue throughout the season. :D:

StepsInSC
03-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I think the whole "Thomas/Ozzie" ordeal had a lot to do with it. Once it came clear that it was yet another media blowup I felt a lot of weight off of my chest, and now that it seems they're simply getting prepared for the season and enjoying it at the same time, my hopes and expectations have gone up as well.

Jjav829
03-05-2004, 01:47 PM
I think it's just a matter of the season getting closer. Personally, seeing the Thomas/Ozzie ordeal get resolved was nice, but it really didn't change my feelings much on the season. For me, as the season starts to get closer I start to get more "ostimistic". How long that will last, I don't know. But for now I can't wait to get the season started.

Nick@Nite
03-05-2004, 02:04 PM
As long as the Sox beat the teams they should beat (not like last year vs the DRays & Tigers) ...

And win their share against the west (13-19 is crap)...

And be road warriors for a change (32-46 is obscene)...

And NOT get dominated by anyone within the AL Central ...

I'll stay positive and optimistic.

ode to veeck
03-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Its amazing what happens when the boards not clogged with just all the trade rumor mills and theres actually real baseball being played again

delben91
03-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Its amazing what happens when the boards not clogged with just all the trade rumor mills and theres actually real baseball being played again

Hear Hear!!

voodoochile
03-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I think it's just a matter of the season getting closer. Personally, seeing the Thomas/Ozzie ordeal get resolved was nice, but it really didn't change my feelings much on the season. For me, as the season starts to get closer I start to get more "ostimistic". How long that will last, I don't know. But for now I can't wait to get the season started.

Yep, People are throwing baseballs, Ozzie hasn't offended anyone, Frank is saying all the right things and in general it's Spring Training where "hope springs eternal".

It got a little worse this off-season because the past 3 years there has been at least one major signing to give people reason to think good things. This year, nothing so the negativity was more rampant. Nothing to be worried about, just the nature of the beast.

Besides, how can anyone think negative things until something negative actually happens. Now if Ozzie does melt down in the next 4 weeks or they open the season getting swept again, things may change quickly...

kittle42
03-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

Yeah, well I saw on a message board at sportsline.com that the Sox are going to finish in last place because they will trade all their good players in May.

Oops. At least some of that should have been horribly, horribly laced with grammatical and spelling errors.

wdelaney72
03-05-2004, 03:30 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I'm feeling less negative due to what I've seen from Ozzie so far.

Ozzie seems to be bringing everything Sox fans have been asking for in a manager. Excitement, fundamentals, and a winning attitude.

I still wish KW and JR would have made more of an effort to improve the team, but I can look at the team as is and feel pretty good about them competing for the division. If that's the case, we'll see what the big boys do at the trade deadline.

For the most part, though, Ozzie has been berry berry good to me. I'm much more optomisti.

jordan23ventura
03-05-2004, 06:33 PM
It will definately be interesting to see what Ozzie can do w/ Harris, Uribe, Valentin, and Olivo (confidence-wise). Everyone else can pretty much hold their own and I doubt he's going to do much more than just watch the pitching staff this season.

jamteh
03-05-2004, 07:12 PM
I feel much better about the bullpen than I did only a few weeks ago. I think Shingo's going to be for real. I can't wait to see what big trade we make near the All-Star Break when we're leading the division by 2.5 games. :)

RKMeibalane
03-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Now that there is actual baseball being played, I think everyone here is feeling more optimistic about the upcoming season. It's easy to be negative during the off-season, because everyone tends to focus on the things that went wrong the previous season, or how nothing major was done to improve the ballclub for this season.

I'm glad that the players and coaches seem to be enjoying themselves this spring. Ozzie has brought new life to this team. He seems extremely excited about the new season, and I can't help but share his enthusiasm. It's always fun when a new baseball season begins, because everyone believes that their team has a chance.

It was nice to see the Sox win both of their games this afternoon. Even though thses are only ST games, it doesn't hurt to focus on winning now, because the team will be that much better prepared once the regular season starts.